Blizzard's RMX-OS doesn't connect to server

Started by Makoto77, December 21, 2019, 03:16:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Makoto77

December 21, 2019, 03:16:21 pm Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 03:35:21 pm by Makoto77
I'm trying to use Blizzard's RMX-OS for an Online version of a game but it's not working. I have set up the server, but when I try to connect, it says it's offline.
I have set both the option to connect to the server and the server itself to localhost:3300. Am I doing something wrong?
EDIT: Just found out about Multiplatform RMX-OS

KK20

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Makoto77

I tried MRXM-OS and with a different port. Still the same problem. (didn't change the database tho)

Blizzard

Have you set up port forwarding properly? I suggest you take a look at the FAQ. There's a lot of these kind of questions already answered.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Makoto77

Idk, no one can ever connect to my servers, no matter of what (MC, etc.)
Might have to do with the fact that I need a TP-Link to connect to internet.

Blizzard

IDK, maybe. In any case, if you can't get port forwarding to work properly (by whatever means), you can't run the server on your home PC.

If you're ok with renting a dedicated or virtual server, I've personally been using Time4VPS as a promo content delivery server over HTTPS for about a year and it works pretty well. It's not too expensive either. Though be careful as this does require a bit more knowledge in server-setup. I've had some issues settings up the SSL part for HTTP. But to be honest, just running XAMPP on there worked rather well. So you might be able to setup a RMX-OS server there without too many problems.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Makoto77

KK20

Just saying, if you can't figure out how to event your "actor transformations", you have no hope in getting RMX-OS to work. It's a much bigger beast that requires not only RM experience but scripting and some IT knowledge as well.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Makoto77

The problem with the actor transformations is that I ask just in case I'll get an error later.
I've tried this and it successfully opened the server. The problem might just be my TP-Link.