Lost in Translation

Started by shdwlink1993, August 19, 2008, 12:04:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shdwlink1993

August 19, 2008, 12:04:55 pm Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 12:08:25 pm by shdwlink1993
You know all those internet legends about things that were translated into a language by something like Babelfish to something like spanish and back and came out all screwed up? Well, now we have a tool that works even better! http://tashian.com/multibabel lets you put something in English in, and it automatically translates it from English to French to English to German to English to Italian to English to Portuguese to English to Spanish to English. Useful if you want a laugh at the lack of coherent... anything that comes out of it! :P

Also, here's an example (It's pretty big)

original text: ShowHide
War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control... All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield... Controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control... ...War becomes routine.

ending text: ShowHide
The modified war. It is not of one more a certain way in the nations, ideologies or with them the ethnic members. A series without the conclusion of the battles of the measurement of mercennaires fights and her he them splodges some. The war - and the relative consumición of the duration - were transformata inside in a good-lubricated machine. The war modified the small indicator-mark carriers of the soldiers the small indicator-mark groups, uses the small indicator-mark tax. Nanomachines to the interior of its bodies gives to the prominencia and to the rule his capienza. Genetic order. The information of the order. Sensitivity of the order. Halting of the battle of the order. Everything is verified and to control. The modified war. The age of dissuasion was transformata inside in the age of the instruction... All in the name of vermeidenen the disaster of the groups of the massive destruction. And, that one the controls takes part the battle... It controls history. The modified war. If the battle is the halting, this one the war gets to be present under total of the instruction.......
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Starrodkirby86

I was really baffled at my thoughts. I shiver, shake, get excited, and turn awkward when I see her. All of her actions, they hypnotize me, to a higher effect of a regular pendulum. Alas, I'm afraid. Following her would be a sign of being a stalker, a follower, those creeps that will rape the victim. But I need her, or else my heart starts to withdraw. We're friends, sure, but can one of us take it to the next step, especially me? Hm, maybe I should consult an expert at this lovey-dovey subject.

---

They had been really ridiretto with my thoughts. I shake, I beat, I
that I take with impacciati Bezaubern and restorations nonupdated, if
I to come he. All the relative activity, hypnotizes to me, for a space
raised more of the one than I hang it normal. Unhappyly, I am the
scared. To follow a character would be, more when stalker, a lamierina
of the puntura, to be that one that the damaged victim follows down.
But I control to need or my internal part that begins to be made
examinación. Comfortable, safe, but one of we who we are tin-plated
the following one of him to the restoration nonupdated of the phase,
special I? Tc, would have that to possibly recommend to connoisseur in
this subject of the dovey of the lovey.

---

The trick here is to use as much English word-play, language, and not sound so textbook to make a humorous story. Or at least intend to make something humorous. I did something similar by translating texts to an Asian language and back, resulting in really humorous.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

I noticed that some words are not translated back like "vermeiden" or "bezaubern".
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Some of these words couldn't get translated back. For example, the word "ridiretto" is Italian, and when translating back, English did not have a possible word for it. Reroute was ridiretto, but there was no ridiretto to reroute. Shows you how primitive online translation utilities are.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).