RMX-OS Party HUD

Started by Bahamut-XIV, July 20, 2020, 09:26:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bahamut-XIV

Hallo ik currently making a online game With RMXP
The server and game works but now is my problem the following i use this party hud for online members RMX-OS Party HUD https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=14424.0 but it gives a lot of lag and my Fps Will drop 4 its dramatic so i wonder if Anyone can help me

I am Very bad scripter in rmxp / normally im a web designer with php/mysql
So that have helped me with some stuff

Thank you in advance

KK20

Without installing RMX-OS (because it's too much of a hassle for me to bother), I can only look at the script and give you my best educated guess.

It seems like this code was written poorly when it comes to efficiency. In his update methods, he is constantly creating a new Sprite object, which, if this happens every frame, will be a heavy hit to performance. I don't know why it's doing this, but you can easily get away with just creating the Sprite objects on initialize (and performing whatever bitmap and positional changes to them) and then remove all the Sprite.new calls in the updates. Then the update methods only have to worry about updating the sprites' bitmap, or turning its visible flag to false when not in use.

I will warn you though, RMX-OS is not for beginners and will require a good understanding of Ruby if you want to truly utilize it.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!