RE:Making your own rtp

Started by G_G, August 19, 2008, 07:52:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Ok it said I should make a new topic because the other one hasnt been used for over 90 days.

I used this to make my Custom RTP. But I everytime I used it, the pictures in it werent transpirent. So I figured this out. The reources you want for the folder, you have to import them in a new proect. After you import all the graphics you want into the new project, this includes Music Files and Sounde Files all teh Graphic Folders you must import everything you want in your rpt. Now Make a new folder called My RTP or something. Now go into the proect where you imported all of your resources and copy the Audio and Graphics folders into the My RTP folder this way all the graphics have the transpiracy fixed. Now to use this, in the other topic it shows you how.

Aqua

Or you could just have transparent pngs...

I don't really get this tutorial...
Could you explain it a bit more???

Blizzard

There is a button in the toolbar saying "Resource Database". Click it and import your resources. There you can set up which color will be treated as transparent.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

The images won't always have a corrected transparency through this method. Can you make it more organized as well? By the way, ignore the 90 day message, necroposting is totally okay as long as the information is constructive. If you provide original and good information, I'll keep this thread split from the other RTP thread (if there is).

If you Photoshop or the GIMP you can just the use Magic Wand tool and de-check Anti-Aliasing. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

legacyblade

I think the system that allows multiple RTPs was a very good idea, it just never got much use. In fact, most of us make our games not need ANY RTP when we distribute them. Having someone download the RTP in order to play your game (if they don't have RMXP) takes more time from them that they could spend playing your game. But having EVERYONE download some random RTP you made (even those who own RMXP) to play your game will make very few people play it. Who wants another RTP on their machine just so they can play your game?

But if you make countless resources, some in each category, then making an RTP to distribute (and an installer for it), would be a great use for the system. The problem is no one has taken advantage of the RTP system (to the extent of my knowledge), but it would be great to see some RTPs created. (I'm surprised there aren't Zelda RTPs yet, since I've seen so many graphic rips)

Blizzard

Alright, alright. *goes back to the old forum and gets the ChaosProjRTP here*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.