[RMXP] Sprite_Character edit for event wrapping on wrapped maps?

Started by Scriptguy32, July 07, 2021, 06:12:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriptguy32

I tried taking a crack at this myself, but couldn't really get it to work. I'm having difficulty figuring out where to "mirror" event sprites in a efficient manner. I figured I should ask here for help.
Hiya! I'm a scripter who's been scripting for a year now and wants to share his scripts. I've been using RMXP for about two years now but only got into scripting recently.
I use mkxp a lot for its speed and customizability.
Some of my scripts may rely on custom mkxp modules or functions!

KK20

Are you using some kind of script for map loop/wrap? You'd think they would have implemented it already.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Scriptguy32

I've been using a fork of mkxp (https://github.com/elizagamedev/mkxp-oneshot (yea i know it's meant for some other game but it's got some useful stuff that works for my purposes as i'm making a meta puzzle adventure game)) for a while now that has it built in, and it doesn't have anything to support event wrapping, only just the tilemap. I kinda got used to having it for a while and presumed it was built in, sorry.
It's physically inside the tilemap too, which means there doesn't have to multiple tilemaps to get map wrapping to work, which is pretty nice.
Anyway, whoever made it didn't implement event mirroring, and I can't get it to work myself when I have tried.
Hiya! I'm a scripter who's been scripting for a year now and wants to share his scripts. I've been using RMXP for about two years now but only got into scripting recently.

KK20

I'd suggest using a script instead then. IDK what you mean by their custom game EXE allows you to wrap the map when you can do that already with vanilla XP. Unless you mean it's like...easier to enable it, such as a toggle, which the other RM engine editors do.

Also, I'm extremely bitter towards the people who work on that fork of mkxp. They get 0 respect from me.
Oh wait, that's the original oneshot fork. I thought you meant the other oneshot fork that's still getting updated.

Other Projects

Scriptguy32

It's a lot easier to enable. Just call "wrap_map" from within an event and the map starts wrapping the map. It just doesn't wrap events, though, which is a problem.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that. It didn't look to have anything going for it besides a docker container so I didn't bother to use it. The people who made it seemed pretty ok but you probably have a rational reason to be bitter towards them.

KK20

Yeah, one of the devs came into the CP discord asking for some script help. Turns out it was an issue with their mkxp, not RGSS, and down the rabbit hole I went to see that the logic they wrote was completely wrong, pointed it out and how to do it, they refused to listen, told me I was wrong, and whined how they're "not good at C++". Come a week later and I see a commit where they did exactly what I told them to do and I never got a thanks or sorry in return. Like, it was literally faulty logic order...had nothing to do with language knowledge. And to think this person claimed to be a programmer/software engineer baffles me.

They left the server, then came back again asking for help, and specifically said they wanted help from someone other than me because I apparently was "too hard on them" or some shitty reason. Jokes on them though, I'm like the only active person on CP who even provides script help these days. Anyways, ended up one of my friends answering their question (although very generically), and they left without saying a word, so he also agreed with me that they were a prick. Needless to say, they are banned.

Other Projects

Scriptguy32

That doesn't seem very nice of them.
I don't know both sides of the story though, so I won't judge.