Thanks

Started by Mahian23, May 03, 2022, 10:19:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahian23

May 03, 2022, 10:19:52 am Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 12:07:16 am by Mahian23
Thanks for replying.
I did what you told me to.

KK20

I understand this is probably your first foray into scripting, but there's a lot of reasons we won't move this to the database. Obvious one is that the post is not properly formatted as explained here.

The script is too simple that it doesn't offer much use; there's nothing redeeming here that will prevent someone from making their own version in 10 seconds. You say it's customizable but it requires the user knows their way around code to edit the values in your script directly. And even then, whatever dimensions they give to the window will apply to EVERY window thereafter...so much for customization.

The script doesn't end up looking good either by default. Even if I use your example script call
Scene_Chap.new("Text Here", '')
I get a small box that's not even centered on the screen and the text is cut off.

Your script is broken too. The script call just creates a window object and then does nothing else with it. Because of that, Ruby's garbage collection will eventually clobber it after some random number of seconds--basically a safe-guard for bad programming. You really should "dispose" the window yourself. I also expected the window to just close on a confirmation button press and all other inputs are disabled.

Lastly, bad Ruby conventions used. Why is your window class called Scene_Chap? Scenes are not Windows; don't confuse your users. Did you write your code in Notepad? Where's the tabs/indentations?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!