Question for XP - Experience Inflation and Parameters Calculations?

Started by Heretic86, May 22, 2022, 09:45:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

Hopefully a quick question...

Using HTML5 Canvas to generate Experience Inflation and Parameter Curves...

What are the formulas for calculating the Exp Inflation and Parameter Curves?

Pretty much BOTH things that happen in THESE windows...

Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-xp-in-javascript-php-and-mysql-wip.147465/post-1275706

Don't know about the stat parameters.

EDIT: Didn't confirm if this is accurate to the editor's, but could reference Blizz's script
https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5563.0.html

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Heretic86

Thanks KK20, I actually fully missed the reply in that thread!

Ok, Exp Curve is done.

Taking a whack at making the Parameters curve tho, not much luck.  Values dont look to be set anywhere in Engine Code, so has to be calculated in the Editor.  Anyone else happen to know what the formula is for calculating curves like this?

Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Blizzard

The formula I came up with for my script isn't 100% accurate, but I could never figure out why. It might be possible that it just comes down to some mathematical accuracy/rounding issues or something like that. But I think you can still rely on the formula being 99%+ accurate.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Heretic86

Quote from: Blizzard on May 25, 2022, 04:10:24 amThe formula I came up with for my script isn't 100% accurate, but I could never figure out why. It might be possible that it just comes down to some mathematical accuracy/rounding issues or something like that. But I think you can still rely on the formula being 99%+ accurate.

Good enough for me!
Current Scripts:

Current Demos: