Destiny's Corpse

Started by Blulightning, August 21, 2008, 06:09:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blulightning

August 21, 2008, 06:09:54 pm Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:48:46 pm by Blulightning
NOTE: This is a game in progress, and I will be adding more screenshots, etc as time goes on.

DESTINY'S CORPSE

Basic Storyline:

Heaven:

You start out in Heaven. There is an Angel there, who set's up some ingame preferences with you. While there, you choose your name and your appearance. There's also some tutorials there. When you are ready to go, you step through an archway, and the Angel tells you about the troubled world. (See Fig.1)

Cresh:
This is the town you are sent to. You have no recollection of the Angel and Heaven.

Port Cresh:

Go fishing with your best friend and MAYBE, if you talk to some people, cool stuff will happen. MAYBE.

Kurva:
A desert town. You go here on your first mission for the Resistance Order.

Characters
Main Character:
Name: You name them!
Info: Placed on Earth to save Earth from the Demons of Hell. Isn't aware that he is blessed by Angels. Lives in Cresh, a Port City, where the evil King Gordon has his summer palace. He becomes more aware of Angels and Demons when he meets a King Gordon Resistance Group
Main Character's Friend:
Name: You get to name him too!
Info: Main character's best friend. They grew up together. Now, they own a small fishing boat. When Main Character discovers the resistance group, he joins too. He becomes the Main Character's Acolyte, or helper.

Kor:
Name: Kor
Info: A member of the resistance group. You join the group because of him. He is a bit mysterious.

Welf
Name:Welf
Info: When you join the Order, you become his charge, and it is his job to train you.

Cynthia
Name: Cynthia
Info: The neighborhood brat. Turns out she's in the order as well. She is a know it all, but unfortunately for you, she joins you on your mission to Kurva.

Features:

~ABS
~Custom Menu Screen
~Quest Journal
~Name yourself!
~Choose appearance
~Custom Stat Distribution
~And MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

Screenshots:

Home Sweet Home:[/u]

Name Yourself, and your friends!!

So tell me what you think, check back often, because a DEMO is coming! Yay!

CREDITS:
~Blizzard
~Prexus
~Sthrattoff

Starrodkirby86

The beginning sounds a LOT like Actraiser until the hero gets transported to the first town. Take that into consideration.

Interesting how you can name your first characters. However, I recommend you should give them a default name, so when people are saying how bad someone is or targeting \n[01] and \n[02], they can rather say "John" or "Bach" instead of the player's custom name, since there's always the funny loon that names their heroes rather disgusting things *cough**cough*POKEMON*Cough**Cough*.

Those screenshots are small. I thought they were thumbnails. D: That's kind of a good and bad thing, good thing it doesn't take up any bandwidth (Little, unless that file is REALLY high quality, which I doubt), but the bad thing is that we can't see any detail. Though I would pick Bandwidth over detail any day.

The funny part is, you can put those screenshots in your signature and it'd follow the rule number 2! :P

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Chaze007

is there a way where you can censor some words out of the name choosing?
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Chaze007 on August 21, 2008, 08:21:49 pm
is there a way where you can censor some words out of the name choosing?

Through conditionals where they ask if Hero 001's name is "bad word", they can make you repeat the Name Cycle (If Blu used a name cycle). It's pretty easy to do once you learn how to use cycles, just that conditionals can make the whole thing a little annoying.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Blulightning

I mean, although it'd be stupid to name your character a 'bad word' it's their choice, and It's not like everyone will see your name choice. If you want to name your character Poop-Pants, go for it. The only person who will see it is you!

Also, what's 'Actraiser'? Sorry, lol I feel like I should know this..

Blizzard

August 22, 2008, 12:45:06 pm #5 Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:45:37 pm by Blizzard
Just google it. ;) It's a game for the SNES by Enix. I love Actraiser, but Actraiser 2 was boring. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on August 21, 2008, 06:30:54 pm
*cough**cough*POKEMON*Cough**Cough*.

ah the classics. naming your rival I don't so the messege comes up something like "I don't wants to battle!" is one the beginning of my vulgar experiemnts.

I liek this. It seems to have some attractive features. I'll get on with playing once the demo is released.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on August 22, 2008, 12:45:06 pm
Just google it. ;) It's a game for the SNES by Enix. I love Actraiser, but Actraiser 2 was boring. ._.
True that. One of the main reasons people didn't like Actraiser 2 was more of the removal of the simulation section of the game. Still, the beginning does sound similar to Actraiser, play a speed run or get an emulator and see.

I read it a bit again, and it seems that you talked about a troubled world. Would the game by sort of on a world epic basis, like a complete world-buildup sort of thing...You know what I am saying?

Blulightning

I think I understand... and I guess kind of. In the end, there's gonna be a huge confrontation between 'Good' and 'Evil', and everyone in the world kind of takes a side...

Diokatsu

The quest journal imo is very nice. Well, I suppose it's not TOO sweet but I like that. Sounds like an open-ended rpg like Morrowind or Oblivion.

Pokol DaErran

Impressive!  I'm looking foward to beta testing this. :D
"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt

Blizzard

I hope you're giving the appropriate credit because that is totally my window skin you are using in the naming scene. :P

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blulightning

I know lol. Credit is being given in game, but I'll put it up here if you want!

Blizzard

Yeah, if you don't have too much credit, it might be a good idea to add them to the first post.