Bounty Hunter sprite

Started by Blizzard, August 21, 2008, 08:54:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

August 21, 2008, 08:54:18 pm Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:55:06 pm by Blizzard
Ok, I need a sprite for this badass guy here. His sprite doesn't have to hold a gun, but he needs to have the large arm (obviously). Full credit will be given. Don't forget that the right and left looking frames look different on this guy because of his arm.

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Hm, if I use the image, whom should I credit? (can I use it in the first place?)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

August 22, 2008, 05:34:32 am #2 Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:51:28 am by Blizzard
Sorry, I completely forgot. Dave Allsop has created the image, I have not edited it in any way. Here's a version with a transparent background. The image's original name is "Battle Dog".

Grid Stalker was by the same artist. If you want more stuff from him, I suggest you google his name.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Thanks for the info :) *adds into collection*
When the sprite is ready, can I use it, or is it CP exclusive?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

Of course you can use it. Only scripts are CP exclusive. I will release CP's resource pack somewhere later after the full game.

Fantasist

Great!
QuoteThe image's original name is "Battle Doog".

I checked out his site and it's "Battle Dog" :p

Blizzard

It's a typo on my side. xD *fixes*

Blizzard

Caro Ru Lushe

August 27, 2008, 08:31:27 pm #8 Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:39:23 pm by Caro Ru Lushe
 :evil: <smirk> Is it that important after all then to get him?

*Base*

Those claws are horribly hard to make @___@ >_____>;;;

:uhm: I can make it, it'll take more time thou . . . & motivation to actually make it as pretty as that picture >___>;;;

DeathLock

The red robe (or something) needs a bit of contrast and in depth shading. The claw needs to be smoother. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Caro Ru Lushe

:haha: I knew there was something that I didn't like of it!

:<_<: Contrast . . .

The short hand is going to be hard to animate, not to mention that I see I have to fix it up, >__> that armor part sorta . . . doesn't look quite right.

The Claws . . . smoother as in, more sharper & thinner or more, fatter? xD (lol).

DeathLock

When I say smoother, I mean a bit rounder. The lines look jagged up, do some anti aliasing for that.

Caro Ru Lushe

Ok, I'll take that in mind then

Thou I'll work with it tomorrow, I am quite tired for today, & at least hoping if Blizzard will answer at least something xD even if it's a "Yes"

Blizzard

August 28, 2008, 03:53:57 pm #13 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:54:45 pm by Blizzard
Here's what the other spriter was able to do:

I'm wondering if you two could maybe work together. I asked him to read this topic, so you should get an answer very soon.

About the sprite: The claws don't have to be so precise. Feel free to make the entire arm smaller just like RTP style usually is. His claws don't have to be separated, you don't need transparent pixels inbetween. You could easily make it so there is one pixel line of a claw, then a dark line which is kinda the space. You can make his arm longer, BTW.
Also, his chest should be wider and the pauldrons smaller. Other than that I like the direction this is going to. :D
And that red thing coverind his legs is more of a coat instead of a toga. Feel free to change it that way. :) Thanks, Caro (and you, too, sniper308)! :D

legacyblade

If you want, I can work on it to. I can bump up the shading and contrast when they finish making a base.

DeathLock

Has too much contrast, someone should darken the colors for better results. There's a lack of shade on the armor (silver), as well darken that and get some sort of light source. Usually its up to down.

Caro Ru Lushe

Hasn't anyone notice that his claw in there, sorta ermm, in terms of proportion, it would make him look as it sorta will stand out the most? I mean, technically, something that size would either touch the ground, but here we see it, as thou it breaks that law as if it's both in the front & touching the ground yet it's not.

:x I could try to darken the colors for it on the silver parts if necessary . . . . That sprite is more accurate than mines in terms of proportions (besides the Claws), :x & put a few little details if they are possible.

:) & Legacyblade can bump up the shade or contrast we might have missed >__>;; & also, it would be my first time working with someone in a sprite, *exciting*

Blizzard

August 28, 2008, 07:16:17 pm #17 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:17:13 pm by Blizzard
I don't want a cameo version of the battler, I want an RTP style sprite of the battler. This means that your work is more suiting, Caro.

Alright, let LB do it then. #_# I wanted Caro to first fix the proportions, then the colors. xD I'm counting on you, LB! :D

Chaze007

I'd be happy to resprite tis for you...now xD....*goes to work*
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Blizzard

Maybe Phasedscar could lend you a hand... <_<; IDK how much time he has, I'll redirect him to this topic.