Bounty Hunter sprite

Started by Blizzard, August 21, 2008, 08:54:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

August 21, 2008, 08:54:18 pm Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:55:06 pm by Blizzard
Ok, I need a sprite for this badass guy here. His sprite doesn't have to hold a gun, but he needs to have the large arm (obviously). Full credit will be given. Don't forget that the right and left looking frames look different on this guy because of his arm.

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Hm, if I use the image, whom should I credit? (can I use it in the first place?)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

August 22, 2008, 05:34:32 am #2 Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:51:28 am by Blizzard
Sorry, I completely forgot. Dave Allsop has created the image, I have not edited it in any way. Here's a version with a transparent background. The image's original name is "Battle Dog".

Grid Stalker was by the same artist. If you want more stuff from him, I suggest you google his name.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Thanks for the info :) *adds into collection*
When the sprite is ready, can I use it, or is it CP exclusive?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

Of course you can use it. Only scripts are CP exclusive. I will release CP's resource pack somewhere later after the full game.

Fantasist

Great!
QuoteThe image's original name is "Battle Doog".

I checked out his site and it's "Battle Dog" :p

Blizzard

It's a typo on my side. xD *fixes*

Blizzard

Caro Ru Lushe

August 27, 2008, 08:31:27 pm #8 Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:39:23 pm by Caro Ru Lushe
 :evil: <smirk> Is it that important after all then to get him?

*Base*

Those claws are horribly hard to make @___@ >_____>;;;

:uhm: I can make it, it'll take more time thou . . . & motivation to actually make it as pretty as that picture >___>;;;

DeathLock

The red robe (or something) needs a bit of contrast and in depth shading. The claw needs to be smoother. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Caro Ru Lushe

:haha: I knew there was something that I didn't like of it!

:<_<: Contrast . . .

The short hand is going to be hard to animate, not to mention that I see I have to fix it up, >__> that armor part sorta . . . doesn't look quite right.

The Claws . . . smoother as in, more sharper & thinner or more, fatter? xD (lol).

DeathLock

When I say smoother, I mean a bit rounder. The lines look jagged up, do some anti aliasing for that.

Caro Ru Lushe

Ok, I'll take that in mind then

Thou I'll work with it tomorrow, I am quite tired for today, & at least hoping if Blizzard will answer at least something xD even if it's a "Yes"

Blizzard

August 28, 2008, 03:53:57 pm #13 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:54:45 pm by Blizzard
Here's what the other spriter was able to do:

I'm wondering if you two could maybe work together. I asked him to read this topic, so you should get an answer very soon.

About the sprite: The claws don't have to be so precise. Feel free to make the entire arm smaller just like RTP style usually is. His claws don't have to be separated, you don't need transparent pixels inbetween. You could easily make it so there is one pixel line of a claw, then a dark line which is kinda the space. You can make his arm longer, BTW.
Also, his chest should be wider and the pauldrons smaller. Other than that I like the direction this is going to. :D
And that red thing coverind his legs is more of a coat instead of a toga. Feel free to change it that way. :) Thanks, Caro (and you, too, sniper308)! :D

legacyblade

If you want, I can work on it to. I can bump up the shading and contrast when they finish making a base.

DeathLock

Has too much contrast, someone should darken the colors for better results. There's a lack of shade on the armor (silver), as well darken that and get some sort of light source. Usually its up to down.

Caro Ru Lushe

Hasn't anyone notice that his claw in there, sorta ermm, in terms of proportion, it would make him look as it sorta will stand out the most? I mean, technically, something that size would either touch the ground, but here we see it, as thou it breaks that law as if it's both in the front & touching the ground yet it's not.

:x I could try to darken the colors for it on the silver parts if necessary . . . . That sprite is more accurate than mines in terms of proportions (besides the Claws), :x & put a few little details if they are possible.

:) & Legacyblade can bump up the shade or contrast we might have missed >__>;; & also, it would be my first time working with someone in a sprite, *exciting*

Blizzard

August 28, 2008, 07:16:17 pm #17 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:17:13 pm by Blizzard
I don't want a cameo version of the battler, I want an RTP style sprite of the battler. This means that your work is more suiting, Caro.

Alright, let LB do it then. #_# I wanted Caro to first fix the proportions, then the colors. xD I'm counting on you, LB! :D

Chaze007

I'd be happy to resprite tis for you...now xD....*goes to work*
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Blizzard

Maybe Phasedscar could lend you a hand... <_<; IDK how much time he has, I'll redirect him to this topic.

Phasedscar

August 29, 2008, 10:30:50 pm #20 Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:47:05 pm by Phasedscar
That's actually a really difficult picture to work with.  Cool looking but it's so saturated that it's almost all black.  I took a little creative license.  Anyway, here's the mock up.

Edit:  Ignore all the junk on the upper right, that was my pallet.
Edit2:  I altered it a bit and changed the backround color, to make it match more closely with the battler.  If I had photoshop installed again I'd just make it transparent so it's easier to see.  This should be in the rough RTP stile, though I've obviously altered it's size slightly so that it feels right.

Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

DeathLock

That looks amazing, and it fits the battler. But, the purple should be a bit darker in my opinion. It doesn't seem right.

Phasedscar

Tad bit of antiailising to do as well, but yeah.  The super highlight for the purple is a touch too bright and I need to tone it down.  Probably do that a little later.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Chaze007

he's okay, make his right arm a little longer, and give his robe a torn look, like in the battler

Phasedscar

August 30, 2008, 01:33:33 am #24 Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:42:20 am by Phasedscar
It's a matter of space..  I don't have the amount of pixels to work with considering that image is only 32x48.  I can try the tattered look but it'd be fairly difficult considering the limits.

Also, the right arm is about in porportion with the rest of the battler (the claws only come down slightly further than the knee).  I did experiment with a longer length on the arm, but it looked...  silly and imbalanced, even a single pixel.

Even so, I modified it a little more..

About the best I can do with the limits I have

Blizzard

The last version looks good. Keep it up. :D

Chaze007

legacyblade

looking good guys. I'll wait until we have the full sprite to do my reshading though, if that's fine.

Blizzard

Maybe you shouldn't do any reshading, LB... #_# The style of the sprite wouldn't fit anymore.

Phasedscar

The shading was as close to the battler as I could make them (even though I had to desaturate it a little so you could actually see it).  You can reshade if you like Legacy.

Blizzard

His red clothes need some more desaturating. And they should be made a bit darker. I usually have the battler and the sprite open in PS. I usually even take colors directly from the battler and apply it on the sprite.

legacyblade

well if you don't want reshading, that's fine. less work for me ^_^

Blizzard

Sydon's shading was great. O_o Something of that type should be more than enough for the bounty hunter.

Phasedscar

Sorry it's taking so long Blizzard...  I don't have it quite finished yet.  It was a lot more complicated then I was expecting simply because of the pure amount of detail.

I can't imagine it'd take me longer than a couple of hours to finished the bottom two frames, I was just too tired tonight to finish it.

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

DeathLock

Holy shit! o_o

Amazing spriting, Phased.

Blizzard

I have nothing to add especially since I'm speechless. o.o

I hope you can finish it soon. :)

legacyblade

great job so far, looks really futuristic!

Blizzard

Phasedscar

November 08, 2008, 07:47:36 pm #39 Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:49:43 pm by Phasedscar
Ok, I know it's been a long time coming.  I have the finished for you here

Not finalized unfortunately, missing my key to photoshop, it should look smooth in game, I'll have the polished version for you probably monday night since that's the next time I'll have free time.

I also have that battle ship you requested in the works, it's in a layered format and it's still rough.

I decided to go 160x160 with it, hope that's about the scale you wanted.  Obviously this is very early stage, but I wasn't sure of how you wanted this to look.  Pay more attention to the right side since that's closer to what it'll look like (the ring will continue in front, just didn't re-edit it).  Any ideas, let me know, want to make sure you have what you want.

Blizzard

Bounty Hunter looks great so far. :D Don't worry, I can wait one more day until you finalize it. xD

The spaceship concept looks good. Just a question, that is view from above, right?

Phasedscar

Actually a side view but it's easy enough to be the top.  Just a concept at this point and all the little additions I'll add later to it will make it look awesome.

Blizzard

Leave it sideview, I'd prefer it. Did you finalize Bounty Hunter, BTW?