Hellfire's Graphics

Started by Hellfire Dragon, August 24, 2008, 10:50:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

August 24, 2008, 10:50:13 am Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:42:46 pm by Hellfire Dragon
--

Diokatsu

Alright, going from bottom to top.......

Render: I like it suppose but it's quite rough. If you were a good little bunny and saved the .psd with all the paths then I'd help you cut the edges cleaner. Being that was your first attempt I'd say it was quite a nice job, better than my first attempts. On second thought, what technique do you use?

Drawing: I'm no better, so I'm not goona critique. Reminds me of a little drawing Aqua did once xD

Wallpaper: LOOKS fine, but can I have a link to resources? That way I'd have a better idea of just what you did.

Temp: Looks cool. It's fine for a small affiliate thing. Why not make a userbar tut instead of leaving it so small?

Sig: Very Basic. Not alot of effects. Try using C4Ds more and...Well search deviantart.com That's a good site for all your tutorials.

Userbars: Plain but gets the poitn across. I like them but they need a border, ynless I'm going blind here. Do this if you have PS:

1. New layer
2. Select all
3. Edit(?), stroke[inside, black, 1px]

Simple but better than nothing.

Starrodkirby86

I didn't realize you know Chaotix_Universe, Dragon. That's pretty awesome. It's a good healthy variety of art, and some of them are a hit and a miss. For example, the Kagami signature does its job, but there is definitely more potential in that. Slayter's userbar is a bit larger than the other ones, care for any reason with that? And that's a delicious wallpaper, but still. Good job. XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Hellfire Dragon

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on August 24, 2008, 11:05:00 am
I didn't realize you know Chaotix_Universe, Dragon.

Yep, from RM-S, DP and my own site lol
QuoteSlayter's userbar is a bit larger than the other ones, care for any reason with that?

It's the only with a border lol I always seem to forget to put them in :P

Quote from: Diokatsu Wallpaper: LOOKS fine, but can I have a link to resources? That way I'd have a better idea of just what you did.

I really can't remember or find the lik to the brushes I used, I just know they were made by hawksmont :uhm:

QuoteUserbars: Plain but gets the poitn across. I like them but they need a border, ynless I'm going blind here. Do this if you have PS:

No, I use GIMP, and like I said above to kirby, I always seem to just forget the borders :P

You guys said alot more than everyone else on the other places I posted lol :D

Diokatsu

:^_^':

It's because neither of us have a life xD
j/k

Well, I do happen to see potential in you. It's good to see soemone getting into rendering, instead of stealing :p

I'll try out GIMP and tell you how to advance from there.

Starrodkirby86

That's because we care about other people's creations...I suppose. A lot of people here aren't numbnuts, rather they are constructive people that give out good advice. Since you have the GIMP, I understand at how some of the quality here isn't as excellent as others, but hey, GIMP is good for a free program. :D Borders make Userbars look sexy, depending on the border of course, but they do make userbars look better (An enhancer). And hopefully, you do make a Userbar tutorial, just make sure you give directions for both PSers and GIMPers (It's going to be hard for PS though since you don't have it :().

By the way, I know Chao from Eminweb. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Terry16389

August 24, 2008, 05:48:56 pm #6 Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 05:49:52 pm by Terry16389
Maybe we could collaborate and I could do the PS half of it? Just a thought.

"Anyone can say you can't write, don't let anyone say you don't."

Hellfire Dragon

Bumpin up! I added some userbars and a sig and something in misc... haven't updated this in a while, thought it was about time :)

Starrodkirby86

With those userbars, I think they would look nicer if each of them had a "stroke" effect around them, meaning there should be some black border lodged around them. Looks nicer that way. :3

And your Miscellaneous art would be awesome if it was rendered. xD

Hellfire Dragon

Quoteyour Miscellaneous art would be awesome if it was rendered. xD

Probably, I had the black there so it was easier to see what I was doing :^_^':

I might add the borders to the userbars too ;)

Hellfire Dragon

Another bump, I really needed to get back to making these more :P Anyway, 2 new wallpapers

Starrodkirby86

Um...I would recommend you check out those links and see what's going on with the webservice for that website...

Clicking on those gets me to this intricate explanation of a how a server works or something. That's definitely not a wallpaper (Though you can make a wallpaper out of that). Maybe you should upload those images somewhere else?

Landith

They work fine for me Star  :???:

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Landith on March 12, 2009, 06:21:14 pm
They work fine for me Star  :???:

QuoteOur guide continues and we are explaining webserver error codes in this comprehensive guide. The 403 Forbidden HTTP status code indicates that the client was able to communicate with the server, but the server doesn't let the user access what was requested.

An example of descriptive English text that can often accompany such a response is You don't have permission to access /forbidden on this server.

This indicates a fundamental access problem, which may be difficult to resolve, because the HTTP protocol allows the Web server to give this response without providing any reason at all. So the 403 error is equivalent to a blanket 'NO' by your Web server - with no further discussion allowed, and according to the RFC specifications, with a 403 error code, the request should not be repeated.

This response may indicate a resource that requires authentication, such as basic access authentication or digest access authentication through the Authorization request header, or some other form of authentication which is managed through user scripts in a programming language such as PHP. However, the HTTP specification states that 403 should only be used when authorization will not help. The 401 Unauthorized code is a better choice for this situation

If you are encountering a Forbidden error chances are that the action or resource you attempted to access has been forbidden such as trying to view the contents of a directory versus accessing a specific file inside of the directory.

For example many sites do not allow the directory listing such as in the /images directory so when you attempt to access the directory through your browser, you may be met with a forbidden error whereas if you load an image directly within the directory such as /images/logo.gif you can see the image.

Other causes of the 403 error can be permissions issues or .htaccess syntax issues so if you're the webmaster and you see this error, you should check your file and directory permissions and the syntax of your .htaccess file(s) to ensure they are correct and appropriate.

If none of the above are causing your access issue, your website may be reaching concurrency (max requests per second) limits. Reducing connections or upgrading your account to premium will resolve this.

It might be some strange IP Address thing. I'll probably have to use a proxy to view it...Unless it's a web browser problem. Who knows.

Landith

March 12, 2009, 09:31:20 pm #14 Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:34:01 pm by Landith
Oh that is weird, I didn't click on it, I have this viewer thing that automattically views links and I can go through a webpage real fast with it, and when it opened up it had a picture of this red guy with red things around him, a dragon drawing, and anther red guy with read things around him but with a motion blur.

I'll try clicking on it to see if I get the same error...

Okay yeah I don't get an error but it won't load >.>
I suggest you upload it on something else like Star said...

Calintz

Hellfire Dragon

Uploaded to a different host ;)

Starrodkirby86

All right. They work (finally). One thing I have to say, whoever has this wallpaper on their desktop must really this character lots. It's like those red auras and flames are just substitutes for love hearts. :V:

I'm sure you could have added more interactivity with the character and the background. See, the effect's great and all, but perhaps some overlap here, blur there, trippiness around some spots there, maybe that will make it look nicer.

The second one has a good effect going, but it's not to a high level of satisfaction, you know? For example, he doesn't need to be all overlayed in red or something.

Besides that, it works as a wallpaper. It meets the criteria (At least in my mind). So well done.

Hellfire Dragon

Yeah I'm still working on it :) Haven't done too many wallpapers, just those 3 actually, gotta keep trying :^_^':

Lost_Hope

The f***ed up part about the manga lion is that I have the 'how to draw manga' book it came out of lol and I'm not lying. Kit-Kit is his name and he has fire at th tip of his tail lol