what is your favorate game series e.g. legacy of kain

Started by Shadonking, August 25, 2008, 07:06:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Starrodkirby86

Mystery Dungeon is not a true Pokemon game, and its considered a spin-off since it's just the regular Mystery Dungeon games by Chunsoft just Pokemon-itized. You can't really consider that as a true Pokemon game, and the ones that are true are of the main series, Diamond, Pearl, Ruby, Sapphire, and the like, you know? I suppose I did miss Pokemon, I just only thought of the bit I remembered at the top of my head, I was bound to not remember something.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Shadonking

August 28, 2008, 06:17:16 pm #21 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:21:09 pm by shadonking
also other games that are kind of like pokemon that people tend to foget about like kacoon 1 and two (rubish graphics but good game idea) and most important is digimon world. the ps1 game was great where you pick an egg and then traine i weak digimon into a strong one but the battle is more of a command styled abs (also really hard to complete but worth playing) then the ps2 version with a dot hack styled fake online game but the story and the pokemon style battle system that look amazing makes this game equaly as good as pokemon it also alows you to play as every digimon if you put some time into it.

also what do you think of dothack, i love that it takes well over 100 hours to complete without doing the extra quests. and the battle system is really good.

im p*ssed off that the dothack.g.u. still isnt in the UK

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Starrodkirby86

Because the CD I borrowed was scratched and I couldn't do Data Hacking to get into certain realms, I grinded myself far too much in //sign. I don't have G.U., and if you want it that badly, import it from the US or Japan. The .hack series were pretty nice in its battle system, but playing a fake MMORPG was somewhat...non-relieving, it felt too...artificial.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Shadonking

i would import it but becuase i dont have a system that plays different regions only pal 2 i cant play it. there isnt even a region free for the game (sucks to be english).

and a kind of liked the fake MMORPG but it would be better if they mad an actual online game for the ps3.

]

rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

Vell

true, it is a spinoff. and nowhere near as good as the real series. anyway...

i also like the FF spinoffs.

Valcos

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Vell

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Valcos on August 28, 2008, 08:39:56 pm
Lol... what isnt a spin off of something?  :<_<:
Original games that were based off innovation or the beginning of a series. You can say Mario for example isn't a spin-off, but the Mario Party games are because they aren't of the main game timeline, whatever game is within the main game timeline of its franchise technically wouldn't be considered a spin-off, though it may be a spin-off of an already existing game series (Sonic to Mario?).

shdwlink1993

On a related note to the Pokemon Series: I like the games quite a bit, and I have at least one game from each generation (but no spin-offs or NGC versions :(). My problem with the series is that whenever I play a new one, my experience is tainted by the fact that they retell the SAME THING again and again.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Shadonking

i think they should do a data swap or some thing becuase starting each game at lv 1 started to annoy me.

but on a brighter note, ps3 trophies are out for severel games now.

and back to the topic, as anyone played summoner 1 and 2. i think its class that they made two completely diffent styles of games. this stoped me from being bored with the gamplay and the battles in summoner 2 are great, they should make the 3rd one.

]

Valcos

Never played that game before  :(.

I think they should bring pokemon to the ps3 in a first person mmo adventure!! with like even more pokemon.
-Oscar De La Hoya

Vell

Hell no it wont be First Person.

pokemon only come out once every generation, and around one hundred come out each time.

I'd LOVE to see an official pokemon MMO tho.

hopefully, thered be a whole new region, solo to the MMO, as well as access to all previous regions, possibly excluding Orre, and a system where you play as a trainer outside of battle, then you throw the pokeball to release the pokemon and you play as the pokemon in like, live battles, like an Action RPG?

truthfully, I'm also beginning to tire of the battle system, heh.

Valcos

Yeah same... i usually find myself button mashing till the battle is over  :<_<:.  Thats why it should be first person... the world would look so much nicer up and in person.
-Oscar De La Hoya

Vell

NO! keep it Third Person, but make it 3D, with customizable people, and the ability to go to the department stores and buy new clothes, and the ability to get your pokemon to look a little different, like put a flower on a pikachu, and the manga characters should be there, available to battle, with like, impossible to beat pokemon :D lol jk dont do that.

but I hate First Persons, and that should DEFINITELY NOT be done. I hate First Person.

Starrodkirby86

I don't want to stray off the topic a bit more, but I certainly cannot resist posting in here.

Pokemon doesn't fit as a first person game. It can in some realistic aspects, but overall, it shouldn't done, and definitely not on the PS3, a console that isn't even 1st-2nd party to Nintendo. There can always be a feature to switch the game into 1st person, but in the meantime, the Pokemon games should stay as in third. Once we have a worthy portable that'll handle the power of 3-D and innovation (not the PSP), then Pokemon will get a comeback it deserves.

The battle system is tiresome at times, and indeed they are starting to add some crazy unneeded moves. In fact, Diamond and Pearl now have the whole alphabet in moves. It's that insane, people. They're adding more Pokemon like the speed of rabbits mating, and it does get confusing. I don't want to remember 493+ Pokemon despite me being able to do that...

---

In the meantime, any other game series worth mentioning? Mario seems to not have much spotlight, though most of his games are majestic, innovative, fun stuff. At least, the main series, but you get me. Anything to shed on that?

Vell

Shadonking

mario was ok but i never played it much, i liked paper mario 1 but the 2nd is terrible. and galaxy get boring when trying to get all the stars

i herd this from one of the team members that made mario galaxy that the person that came up with mario had so many ideas left over when the first mario game was made he made the first zelda game with them.

]

Starrodkirby86

According to all these interviews, here, there, everywhere, Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario and Zelda, both ideas were quite different, but they were still mainly revolved around Gameplay. A lot of ideas from Zelda were based off from his childhood and not necessarily Mario trash, but Mario characters have had their crossovers (Chain Chomp). I don't think that's that is true, but we have to ask the big man himself obviously...

I loved the F-Zero games, especially the 3-D N64 thriller. What about that? Anyone have an F-Zero fetish?

Vell

only you Houshi, only you.

well, you and a bunch of other people maybe, but I don't.

Valcos

Mario is fun but... in the end its just a jumping game :???: And dont give me some bull crap like... well its just a shooting game... or its just an adventure game.. :roll: Even tho its true.

I think we need something completely new and different... something insanely awesome!

*cough*FPpokemonMMO!!*cough* :^_^':
-Oscar De La Hoya