[XP] Legacy Class Change

Started by legacyblade, August 26, 2008, 06:23:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Colinoliver

Sorry for the late reply. Busy, busy, busy.

Thanks for the info! Made perfect sense. In actuality I did add the dummy class for each class in the game what I didn't do however was configure the return portion. Forgot to add the dummy class there. Works perfectly now.
Thanks alot!

Oh one more thing to think about. Would you think it would be possible to restrict an actors access to certain classes. Therefor allowing for unique classes for actors?
Just a thought.

Thanks again for the help :)

Hellfire Dragon

I have a question!

When you're writing the description, if it's long it gets all squashed up when you read it in game, and there;'s plently of space on the next line in the message box, so is there a way to put the text on the next line if it gets to long?

legacyblade

It's planned for the next release, actually. I ran into an error when I tried implementing it along with some bugfixes, so i just gave the bugfixes and put the multiline thing to this release (when I finish it)

Hellfire Dragon

Okay. I was wondering, how would I exclude some classes? I'm using the Blizz ABS and I don't want the player being able to be a class I have set for summons or pets. Any way to do it, or does some of the script need to be changed?

Jackolas

January 10, 2009, 10:24:28 am #24 Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:45:09 am by Jackolas
Really great script. I think its 1 of the best class change scripts out there.
only ran into 1 problem

Fixed... the stats will go to 0 if u don't equip anything.... stupid mistake :S

Aqua

Jackolas

... how could I be so stupid :S

thanks for the info :S

legacyblade

lol, I did the same thing with bABS. It was giving me an error about skills. I was freaking out, then I noticed that an enemy I had on a map was using a skill I'd deleted from the database (aka it was trying to use skill 20, when there were only 5 skills in the database).

And I have some free time this weekend, I might get some updates done!

Jackolas

would love to see a option that you remove the skills if you change class

think its kinda strange if you change from a cleric to a fighter while keeping your healing skills. could make a fire throwing holy dude with tank ability's :P

legacyblade

Ok, I'll add that one. I personally would be angry at the game if it took away my skills every time I switched classes. It will be difficult to implement well, but I'll try.

Jackolas

yeah... I already tried to edit it but with no success. (i could remove all skills.. but you would not be able to gain new 1 :S)

and ofc not remove all the skills...

for example if are a warrior of lvl 10. and you change to a mage lvl 10.
you will lose all your warrior skills.. but you gain all the mage skills (well those of lvl 1-10)

legacyblade

You want the player to regain their warrior skills, if they switch back to being a warrior, right?

Jackolas

legacyblade

kk. I'll have to add also an array for "non-class specific skills" so that if an actor has a special skill (such as a skill from a quest reward) it won't be bound to a particular class.

Jackolas

winkio

Here's a different approach that you could do: assign each skill to a class or classes in a config section and then modify skill_can_use? so that it will only return true if the classes match.  that way, you keep the skills, you just can't use them...  Just a thought.

legacyblade

January 11, 2009, 07:25:40 pm #36 Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:38:12 pm by legacyblade
I think I like the skills being removed from the list idea, as it adds less clutter, and makes it so I have to modify less of RMXP's classes. Though your idea is a good one Punn winko, I might add an option for skills to be disabled, rather than removed, upon class change. I personally would like them removed, as it makes my skill list less cluttered, but that's just a matter of taste.

winkio

Yes, I could see it going either way.  And since when am I Punn? :O.o:

legacyblade

Not sure why I typed Punn  :^_^': I meant winko, XD And yah, I should probably log off, and actually get to work  <_<

legacyblade

*ddddouble post!!!*

MASSIVE update. All requested features have been added, including...

• Actor Specific Classes
    Define Special Classes that are unlocked for an actor only by a script call (in case the player needs to pay for special training to unlock said class)

(requested by Hellfire Dragon and Colinoliver, as far as I can tell)

• Multiline class descriptions
    Define descriptions for each class that will be displayed in the class change window. (supports multiple lines of description!)

(technically, it was requested by Hellfire Dragon, but I was going to add it anyways)

• Class Specific Skills
    Class Specific Skills. This allows you to set skills as class specific. Class specific skills are only availible when an actor is a class that the skill is specific to. You can even set a skill specific to multiple classes (so the Paladin can use heal if he learned it as a cleric, so the Gladiator can use "tackle" if he learned it as a lancer, etc.)

(requested by Jackolas)

• Linked Actor System
    Linked Actor system. This allows you to define actors that, when they change their class, change the class of actors that are "linked" to them.

(requested by Punn)

I also did some misc bug fixing, cleaned up the code, and almost finished a new feature! (I just have to debug it, should be up tomorrow or monday).

Sorry that I went inactive on this topic. Last night, I realized I hadn't updated it, so I updated today on my spare time ^_^ I love the array.each command, XD makes everything easy.

Hope you all like the updated version! Once I add the next update (that nearly finished feature I mentioned a few lines ago), I think this will actually be a COOL script, rather than just a good one.