[XP] Legacy Class Change

Started by legacyblade, August 26, 2008, 06:23:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

This script is badass, but could be advanced aesthetically by a long shot.

** I recommend taking a page out of Tactics again for this. I say make a panorama, and create a handler for the character sprite.. .. ..you know the way that other scripters do it? It looks something like this...

If your character's name is Blake, then you would have a character set for every class and name it accordingly. "Blake_cleric," "Blake_gunner," "Blake_knight." Just like that.

**You could use angle and rotation like Blizz does in his battle actor command window to choose your class. XD

Just like on the real tactics. This would be a great enhancement.

Blizzard

Quote from: legacyblade on March 06, 2009, 10:14:10 pm
Hope you all like the updated version! Once I add the next update (that nearly finished feature I mentioned a few lines ago), I think this will actually be a COOL script, rather than just a good one.

"will be"? You must be meaning "already is". <3 *powers up*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

@blizz, thanks for the power up ^_^. To me, it'll only be a cool script then, since it'll have all the features I wanted for it.

@calnitz, those are good suggestions, I'll probobly use them. Though it already does have sprite handling, XD (exactly as you described it, but CUSTOMIZABLE!!)

X-Law

Nice script
But i got a strange "prob" is not a prob at all, cuz it doesn't make any error, but when create a character and give him a class, and the you start playing, it doesn´t search for the right charset/battler. You must enter to class select menu, and the reselect your class to put the correct charse/battler

AlbatrosStorm is on sale now!

legacyblade

Yes, that is correct. An actor's graphic does not change to their class' graphic unless you change their class. Not only does this prevent lag, but it also makes eventing much easier (you can make them change into a certain graphic during a cutscene without worry about script interference). What I suggest is making the actor's default graphic (the graphic without a class name appended to it) look exactly like the graphic you give their initial class.

X-Law

Yeah, thx. That's what i've done already, but just to inform ^^

AlbatrosStorm is on sale now!

Shining Riku

I just wanted to compliment you on an excellent script, Legacyblade! I'm currently using it on my Final Fantasy project,
and combined with Blizz's RO job/skill system, I can change graphics and have their stats change too. Huzzah for compatibility!

Um, this is just a suggestion but you know how a message box pops up when somebody levels up and learns a skill? It's a neat feature but is there a way for me to turn it off, by any chance? :^_^':

Oh yeah, by the way... *Powers up!* You earned it! :)

legacyblade

April 20, 2009, 11:37:53 am #47 Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:43:05 am by legacyblade
@Shining Riku, Thanks, I'm glad it works well for your Final Fantasy game. I based it on the FFTA class system, because I originally planned to use it in my own game. And I had no idea that you could use it in a combination with the RO Job/skill system. That's cool that they work together. Huzzah for aliasing.

and as for that message box...that was there for debug purposes, I can't believe I forgot to take it out. Thanks for pointing that out, lemme tell you how to fix that, give me just a second.

-edit, it looks like it's fixed in the latest version. (at least the posted version of the script, I don't have RMXP on this comp right now). Try updating script versions, and see if the message box still pops up. If so, that means I don't have the same version of the script in the demo that I have posted on the topic. If that's the case, I'll hunt down a computer with RMXP (my regular comp is elsewhere) and find the line that causes that little message box to pop up. Sorry for the inconvenience, I can't believe I didn't take out the debug line.

Shining Riku

Wow, it was a debug thingy? I had a feeling that was the case but i'm glad it's probably fixed.

Well, I hope ya get your computer back soon! (It stinks if it's in the shop, I just got mine back after it nearly died of viruses. O_O)

I did look at your script and I found the section that causes the message. I could remove it myself, so I'll look into it. I just hope I don't break something, lol! Thanks again for such an awesome script.
(Well, what do you know? I'm planning an FFTA game myself but that won't go under construction for a while. I have enough projects as it is.)

And don't worry about inconveiniences! If there are any existing ones, they are far outweighed by pure awesomeness. Besides, I can be a patient guy. (Most of the time. Some stuff is just intolerable, ya know)

See you next time, and keep up the good work!

legacyblade

Yah, I hate waiting for my comp. I'll have it in a couple days. I'm sorta in a rush, so I can't say much, but thanks for all your comments, I really appreciate them. I'm working on implimenting a few new features (one of them would be much easier if RGSS supported recursion), so stay tuned.

To remove those little message boxes that pop up look for a line like the following

p something

When there's a single p, followed by a space, it'll make a message box of some kind. It'll be near the top, after the configuration section, if I'm correct.

Shining Riku

All I did was remove those p's you told me about and TADA! No messages.
Thanks for the help Legacyblade!  ;) You keep up the good work, and I hope your computer gets fixed.

legacyblade

glad it worked. And I can't wait for my computer to be fixed x_x If you have any other problems or questions, just ask.

Mightylink

You know I would of loved to try this but isnt all this easily done through events? and skills are already class based arnt they? I mean, they are in the class tab after all and not in the actor tab.

I do have plans to change classes in my game: http://zvcstudios.site88.net/myneria/class.html

My game does need a system like this but I don't think I need it when I can do all this through events.

legacyblade

I'm pretty sure you can't make this system via events, at least with not much ease. this isn't a script that just changes your class, it is sorta like blizz's job system, but more like the one in FFTA. You'd have to be one heck of an eventer to recreate this system with events. (try the demo, and then decide if it's doable with events)

Mightylink

I see now, this is class changing on the fly, very cool. In my game the char only chooses from 3 classes at level 10, each of those 3 get 2 choices at level 30, and each of those 6 choices are auto changed to a light or dark class afterwards, this is how I did it with events :P

legacyblade

Yah, simple class systems are doable by events. I'm glad this system can't be done by events, otherwise I'd feel really stupid, because it was the whole reason I learned scripting, XD

Mightylink

Yours is really awesome, I'm thinking of using it but its not the way I wanted it to work in my game, I only wanted my main char to be able to choose and I only wanted that to happen at 3 key times in the game :P

I'm sure everyone will love your script, its bound to become highly used.

Those are also some cool tilesets, I especially love dark arshes :D

legacyblade

I can't use it in my game either, I understand. And I hope more people use it.

Glad you like the sprites, you can use any of them (even if they were thrown together last minute)

Darok

Hi! How can i make an Actor...Blockes...? For Example, In my game you can have in party the Wizard Chief, And of course, the wizard chief cant be a Warrior. How can i make that actor unchangeble...
And, With conditional branchs can i make if X actor is Rank X in X Class you can open that door.
Thats all, i Love this Script

[Srry for Bad English :shy:]

Calintz