Blizz-ABS RTP!

Started by Blizzard, January 12, 2008, 09:14:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Now, I've had this cool idea, but I doubt that I will have time to it, so I am applying to all of you. My idea is...

Blizz-ABS RTP!

A collection of basic character graphic files for use with Blizz-ABS. What do you guys think about this?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

oh heck ya im behind you on this one master
if ya want to use the graphics from my game wanderer just say the word

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Nortos

I'll probably when I get round to making my short 1hr abs game be having ABS graphics that use guns ect futuristic if I do get to doing that eventually I'll put them here for u Blizz :)

Fantasist

Blizz-ABS WILL be the ultimate ABS for a long time if this gets done :D
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

January 13, 2008, 08:46:29 am #4 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 08:47:58 am by Blizzard
But the competition is not sleeping. >_>

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Good point, but what other competition is there? I mean the potential ones.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

NeoABS by Unknown Coders (Mr. Mo is one of them). They came extremely close to my AI. Luckily I don't tell all the features my AI will have, so they were not able to put it all in before I do. :3 I didn't know they would be spying on me. I will be more careful from now on.

Calintz

Blizzard

j.a

heres some:
i know you don't need both but i did it anyway

there my first rtp edits so dont blame me if they suck :(
and i only spent a couple minutes with em

Blizzard

Actually they are not bad for edits. BTW, this isn't what I need. I need those extra spritesets that look like they are swinging swords and so on. You should post your resources in a new topic, BTW.

Fantasist

January 13, 2008, 02:58:08 pm #11 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 03:12:57 pm by Fantasist
@j.a: Good work on the edits, but I LMAO when I saw that, really nice :D

@Bliz: They started recently and the features are almost same! I bet it's slower than Blizz-ABS though. DLed the demo and trying it out.

Sally

i like this idea!! :) it will help with anyone who dosent want to keep adding things....

Calintz

I just meant the fact that they were spying...

Blizzard

It is just TOO similar in functionality. Of course my newly released AI tops theirs. :naughty:

I want them naughty smiley... :emo:

@FTS: I suppose it is. But you have to consider two things:

1. I am alone, they are more than one person.

2. I have a life, I don't know if they do (I DON'T MEAN TO SAY THEY DON'T, I ONLY MEAN TO SAY THAT I DON'T KNOW IF THEY DO!)

Fantasist

The eventing was screwed in the demo, the screen remained black XD
I was too lazy to do anything about it though. Nah, I bet yours will be better in performance, but I think you should make range, cowardlyness and things like that to be configurable in every event. Another potential thing is, give the choice of when the event commands run instead of just after the enemy dies.

Blizzard

Didn't you read the new manual where you can set up the AI by using \a[11111111]? :3

Fantasist

o.o no... I'm dumb *sits down and waits for v1.9*

Blizzard

Well, you can always try 1.89 in the meantime. :3

Fantasist

Yeah, but waiting for 1.9 was just an excuse, I'm in a bad fix: Script Editor Allergy! OMG!

nathmatt

thies are  my edits from sir lag alot
Spoiler: ShowHide
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Phasedscar

Quote from: BlizzHard on January 13, 2008, 09:20:49 am
NeoABS by Unknown Coders (Mr. Mo is one of them). They came extremely close to my AI. Luckily I don't tell all the features my AI will have, so they were not able to put it all in before I do. :3 I didn't know they would be spying on me. I will be more careful from now on.

Meh, who cares 'bout them, I'm a loyalist!

Blizz-ABS 'till the end o' time!
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Caro Ru Lushe

Blizz ABS has a unique feature that Mr. Moo can't reproduce, The Ability to Use The Ton-of-Add-Ons Status & Skill Effects  =X Which I like the most.

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Blizzard

And soon there will be a plugin to allow the usage of Soul Rage, Soul Limit, Chaos Drive and Full Reflection System. ;D

AND ALSO Blizz-ABS has the new configuration application which owns all other ABS-es in easieness of configuration. It pretty much owns XAS as well as it has most features that XAS supports as well. ;D

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Galatea

Blizz, whats the latest in Blizz ABS?
:o

Phasedscar

1.95 (or was it .96?) is out right now, but still doesn't have party A.I.

It does have the awesome blizz-abs config though and that's, well, just awesome!

The idea of an RTP for BABS is a great idea also, be nice to have things like custom images for the hud and bars.  And oh god, yes, soul rage, soul limit and chaos dive, that would make for some pretty awesome gameplay elements in an ABS system.
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

war-famine_strife-death

April 10, 2009, 11:06:06 pm #28 Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 09:00:44 am by war-famine_strife-death
I've decided to "reactivate" this Topic so we can put the Blizz-ABS RTP together.
First I have a decent Shuriken spriteset that I set up, it's simple and looks great when using it in game.

This is the icon image:

And this is the Character Set image.

The _def Sprites are further down, now with their matching _jmp sprites.
I got the shuriken from a icon pack I downloaded, but I can't remember where the download came from.
Thanks to Blizz for his Awesome ABS, his _jmp sprite setup, and other scripts, and everything else (This site in particular)!
We definitely need more weapon sprites: Whips, Bows, Lances, Flails, and guns sprites mainly, and stuff that can fit onto the Standard RTP stuff, and matching Icons.
Original Sprite bases should be posted with their poses!
"Shall I give you despair?" -Sephiroth-

Reno-s--Joker

:D This is looking pretty awesome! *powers up*
Good luck with putting this RTP together. :)

G_G

So we're making an rtp full of blizz abs resources? Or we're turning the original rtp into blizz abs resources.

Tazero

Have luck...It'll take a while

If you were a fish...

war-famine_strife-death

@ Game: a bit of both, original and rtp conversions will be great. We want to create a rtp for BABS in the end.
The more people we can get on this the better.

G_G

so I can post any blizz abs resource than? Well almost any one? I'll make sure they work first.

Landith

Yeah! Everyone should just post all their Blizz-ABS Resources in this thread so we can get an RTP together!

(I don't think poses should be posted unless the original sprite is posted as well, unless of course, it's of the RTP)

war-famine_strife-death

April 12, 2009, 06:36:53 pm #35 Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:49:36 pm by war-famine_strife-death
@ Lan: Exactly, that is a good point, post poses and the original sprite if not from the Standard RTP.
@ Game: It's definitely a good idea to make sure they work right.

If someone would be so kind as to get me some better shields to work with it would be greatly appreciated (just post them here).

G_G

I'm working on making this zelda bomb and icon. Hopefully I'll actually get it done. I suck at spriting XD

Tazero

I'll try to make some projectiles and icons fr them

If you were a fish...

war-famine_strife-death

April 12, 2009, 09:35:32 pm #38 Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:27:17 pm by war-famine_strife-death
Here's 001-Fighter01 through 008-Fighter08's _def and _jmp sprites. Pretty much the_jmp sprite Im making is the _def sprite w/o the shield.

G_G

I NEED A PALLETTE PLEASE!!!!

Can someone get me a pallette for bomb colors of some sort please? I cant get a good one together. It'd be great for this!

Blizzard

war-famine_strife-death

April 13, 2009, 05:58:42 pm #41 Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 09:07:40 am by war-famine_strife-death
Thanks Blizz, I saw it before but couldn't find it so I made a new one.

What we need:
Def, jmp, idl, atk1 - atk7, run, skl, charge, etc sprite bases
Front attack lances, more swords, swing attack lances,  hammers - attacks in front only (it'd be set as a lance)
Guns, Bows, and the sort.

RoseSkye

I'll work on some edits after I finish the blizzabs contest game.

Caro Ru Lushe

Quote from: war-famine_strife-death on April 13, 2009, 05:58:42 pm

What we need:
Front attack lances, more swords, swing attack lances,  hammers - attacks in front only (it'd be set as a lance)
The following that had been marked, exists. I have the templates in my possesion (Or sprites of which some works as templates if putten the effort in it) I know Legacy did make a template for Sword Attack & Magic Attack >__>;; There's a running sprite template around the net which I posses, and Someone around here did make a template/sprite for a lance/swing lance attack sprite. The Jumping one, well, I do have a 'Front' and Side but no Back. And they'd have to be edited so it would work >__> And guns, well, I did make one, but, it only works for 'handgun' so, no rifle, shotguns or bazookas. <cough> D: And that's all I have to say.

legacyblade

I did make templates, but I personally don't use templates anymore. If you just give each person their own individual sprite poses, it gives the game a lot of depth. That being said, I could help out with this, and toss together a few templates. I really support anyone making a large amount of useful graphics, especially bABS ones.

G_G

Could you post the templates? They'd be helpful please..

Aqua

Quote from: Caro Ru Lushe on May 14, 2009, 06:41:11 pm
Quote from: war-famine_strife-death on April 13, 2009, 05:58:42 pm

What we need:
The following that had been marked, exists. I have the templates in my possesion (Or sprites of which some works as templates if putten the effort in it) I know Legacy did make a template for Sword Attack & Magic Attack >__>;; There's a running sprite template around the net which I posses, and Someone around here did make a template/sprite for a lance/swing lance attack sprite. The Jumping one, well, I do have a 'Front' and Side but no Back. And they'd have to be edited so it would work >__> And guns, well, I did make one, but, it only works for 'handgun' so, no rifle, shotguns or bazookas. <cough> D: And that's all I have to say.

Caro... would that handgun template happen to be of a person using 2 handguns? :O
If not... I need to make one lol

Hm... I'll see what I can contribute to this...

Blizzard

Quote from: Gym Leader Blades on May 17, 2009, 10:27:50 pm
I did make templates, but I personally don't use templates anymore. If you just give each person their own individual sprite poses, it gives the game a lot of depth. That being said, I could help out with this, and toss together a few templates. I really support anyone making a large amount of useful graphics, especially bABS ones.

Would be nice if you finished the CoSLAL sprites. ;_;

legacyblade

I got my computer fixed last night. I WOULD have started the sprites this morning, but they also upgraded my graphics card. It has a different monitor port, so I need to get myself some adapters. I'll try and get some spriting done on this peice of crap laptop, but no promises. Blizz, I am going to do the CoSLoL as soon as I possibly can. I haven't forgotten, since you reminded me recently. (The sprites I posted in my shrine recently were things I"d already finished, and had been too lazy to upload)

Caro Ru Lushe

Quote from: Elite Four Aqua on May 17, 2009, 11:29:27 pm

Caro... would that handgun template happen to be of a person using 2 handguns? :O
If not... I need to make one lol

I never thought of 2 handguns but one >___>;;

computerwizoo7

This seems like a good idea Blizzard, i think i will help with this but i can't find the templates for blizz abs.

fugibo

Quote from: computerwizoo7 on May 18, 2009, 05:15:03 pm
This seems like a good idea Blizzard, i think i will help with this but i can't find the templates for blizz abs.

normal templates

Landith

Here is a direct link if your too lazy to look...

Download Here!

By the way, if you download BABS you will find a FAQ that has some questions asked...

computerwizoo7

thanks, i guess i'm just lazy because i downloaded the latest version of blizz abs just a few minutes ago.

King Munkey

Well before you post any questions before to read the manual or you will here a lot of this if you do.

RTFM

And when I get some stuff done for my game I may contribute some.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

computerwizoo7

i don't really understand these abbr so what do this mean: RTFM.

Starrodkirby86

RTFM means Read the F**kin' Manual. :P
It's one of those...uh, nerd jokes, I guess? o.o The most notable game I remember seeing it in was FEAR...or was it Half Life 2...

Regardless, I think you know the feeling here~

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

computerwizoo7

I believe i do understand this feeling, anyway can i use Xas Abs sprites and Hud in Blizz abs?

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: computerwizoo7 on May 18, 2009, 06:27:07 pm
I believe i do understand this feeling, anyway can i use Xas Abs sprites and Hud in Blizz abs?
If you can reformat it to Blizz-ABS style, then yes. :)

I am unsure if it will be in the RTP or not, but whatever resources that XAS has can be beneficial within conversion. It might be easy to convert if XAS and Blizz-ABS are very similar to each other (Blizz-ABS has a 'newer' type of animation and sprite stuff, which in my opinion is easier).

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

computerwizoo7

this is bad because  i have like 10 or so sprites for my main character alone to perform all the actions in the battle system.

Blizzard

Just try the sprites with Blizz-ABS. They might already be in the right format. If they aren't, you'll have to convert them.

G_G

if anything all you have to do is rename them.

legacyblade

You can use XAS sprites in bABS with very little editing. I use a very similar style for my sprites, so yes, it works.

G_G

May 24, 2009, 04:58:11 pm #63 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 05:23:42 pm by game_guy
RPT Sword
001-Weapon01

Calintz Icon

Calintz Icon 2

Calintz

Good stuff Game_Guy, you did a really good job on those ...

Blizzard

Great. <3 *levels up*

Calintz

Agreed ...
@Game_Guy: *Level Up*

G_G

Nother one!

Icon by phasedscar

Calintz

Not bad, but not your fault. I don't like the glow that Phasedscar put on it ...

G_G

I'm just copying the icons is all. I'll take weapon requests! Just post the icon here and I'll Blizz Abs ifeye it.

Blizzard

HOLY SHIT, G_G SPEED-CONVERTING THE RTP INTO BLIZZ-ABS SPRITES!

G_G

May 24, 2009, 05:38:29 pm #71 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 05:46:14 pm by game_guy
Its not that hard. One of the following are making people not do it with icons.

They either
-are lazy
-dont have photoshop or an image editor that rotates pictures

EDIT: another one
FORGOT SOMETHING

Calintz

At 1st glance, I thought the blur from the rotation was kinda dumb, but then to think about it, the blur adds a slight realism, so I think it's actually quite beneficial.

Hell, throw a motion blur to the angled blades, and voila!! Lol.

G_G

May 24, 2009, 05:45:40 pm #73 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 05:47:10 pm by game_guy

Calintz

Yet another beautiful blade =D.

G_G

Take Babs weapon requests!

You need to post the icon for it and I'll blizz abs ifeye it!!

Sally

G_G

May 24, 2009, 08:23:01 pm #77 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 08:24:45 pm by game_guy
All the abs resources posted in this topic.

Calintz

G_G

May 24, 2009, 09:28:03 pm #79 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:24:48 pm by game_guy
Another Sword

EDIT: Reno's Rod

Blizzard

I think you messed up with the sword there. Only the second row is ok, the rest is messed up because the character is swinging the sword backwards. o.o;

G_G

May 25, 2009, 08:53:49 am #81 Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:27:07 am by game_guy
Reno off of Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children uses the weapon like that. So I figure lay it out like He uses it.

EDIT:

Another Sword....oh and theres some weapons in my Resources Topic not in here.

EDIT 2:
Phasedscare Icon 4

EDIT 3:
RTP Icon

Calintz

Eh, the weapons themselves aren't that great, so IDK.
You of course, did a god job placing them though.

boisei0

I'll try to make them, if I know how. I'll try... Results are here in a short time, I hope
~Boisei0

G_G

June 21, 2009, 12:57:17 pm #84 Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:41:49 pm by game_guy
Here are some skills to add to our RTP here

Tornado
Icon

Fire Spell
Icon

EDIT 1:

Triple Fire Ball Spell
Icon

EDIT 2:

Dark Sword
Icon

Sally

June 21, 2009, 06:41:54 pm #85 Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 09:33:01 pm by Sally
there nice.
simple on the 3skills. very simple and nice.

cstb

lol i gave him the icons and he gives us skillz!
Chronos: Failed project due to loss of data.
Maybe I could try again...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Kagutsuchi

A really simple ranged attack charset I made a while ago. Thought I might post it.

C.C. rOyAl

*reactivates*

Is anyone still working on these?

G_G

I might come back and make a few weapons.

C.C. rOyAl

oh ok, i have photoshop so you can send me some icons if you want any help  ;)

element

January 17, 2010, 04:36:24 am #91 Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:40:49 am by elementisland
I had a idea  :haha: bows !

EDIT : 3 of 4 poses finished.

G_G

Small tip, export it in png format instead of jpeg.

element

January 17, 2010, 08:56:02 am #93 Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 08:59:16 am by elementisland
It's bitmap actually :p
But im just used to use png only for images with transparancy

Idk why its so flue now..
maybe somethin with photobucket
Ill usa a other uploading website later on :p

fugibo

Almost every image hosting website converts images to .JPG for you automatically. I don't think ImageShack does for .PNGs, though.

wolfspirit

Ok I made 2 skills and a sword attack.
Here you go:
skill (dark): ShowHide

skill (earth): ShowHide

sword: ShowHide

G_G

Here's a potion. Tested and works.

(Hexamin)

I'm new to this forum, but thought I'd throw in my two cents.

First is a question: where's a location of Blizz ABS sprite templates?  Even the proper dimensions for the files would help immensely.

Second is an addition to the Blizz-ABS RTP

This is the original sprite (not done by me)

I took off the umbrella or whatever that was on his back

And added a weapon set for bABS (same one Sir Lag-a-Lot's sword in Blizz's demo)

Anyway, I know technically Blizz's system allows for the two sprites to be seperate, but I wasn't figurin' it out.

Welp, I'll be usin' it for whatever project I'm workin on, thought I'd toss it out there for other people's use and or criticism.
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

Jek

March 25, 2010, 07:38:20 pm #98 Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 01:19:45 am by Jek
Make sure to rename them.

Bag!

And a dead rat!

Dead soldier!

Some keys!

poxy

Hexamin that sprite looks pretty good. Nice work.

Quote from: (Hexamin) on February 03, 2010, 04:38:41 am
Anyway, I know technically Blizz's system allows for the two sprites to be seperate, but I wasn't figurin' it out.

Blizz-ABS always puts the center of the weapon sprite near the foot of the char.
The best way I've found is to make a semi transparent grid as a weapon and design the attacking action of the character's action first. Then make the transparent into a weapon and equip it on the char. Take screen captures of the char attacking with the dummy weapon and cut them down to the char's dimensions and spacing. If you use GraphicsGale or Photoshop you can then draw the weapon on a layer over the capture and then save that layer.

It's a lot of work but the effect looks better as the weapon is drawn over the enemy pretty well and it gives the action better depth.
My Project: ShowHide

G_G

Here's a gun icon and a bullet character set.
Gun found here. http://mgshellc.lix.jp/tkxp.html
Bullet found on google.

Silentknight72

it's a purple energy thingy I made 3 days ago.
Sigs: ShowHide

G_G

Here's a grenade icon and a grenade character set.
Grenade found here. http://mgshellc.lix.jp/tkxp.html

theone15247

April 30, 2010, 04:58:18 pm #103 Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:06:19 pm by theone15247
I don't know if this is the best spot to request this or not but for my game I am using Blizz-ABS Visual Equipment and I need a helmet for this guy,

If this isn't a good spot to request this where should I request it?

Thanks

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: theone15247 on April 30, 2010, 04:58:18 pm
I don't know if this is the best spot to request this or not but for my game I am using Blizz-ABS Visual Equipment and I need a helmet for this guy,

If this isn't a good spot to request this where should I request it?

Thanks

I made this comic for you. enjoy.

poxy

That comic deserves a level up.
My Project: ShowHide

Wizered67

lonely_cubone

That comic is awesome. As are all the actual resources in this thread.

Valdred

Here's a helmet. For Arshes as well as for any other charset.

Blizzard

This is the wrong thread for that charset. O_o

G_G

I kinda thought it fit. With the visual equpment addon you made.

Blue_AWOL

August 02, 2010, 02:33:11 pm #111 Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 05:08:12 am by Blizzard
Here's some def. sprites... just edits I did using rtp + icons

SquareMan

you should put those images in spoiler tags, also, WOW so many resources! I can use them for my game that im gonna use blizz-abs in!
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

JellalFerd

Albeit it being terrible and the slashes aren't relevant, anything's better than nothing...right?...Right?

...Right?
I also made a Coslal edit for Aluxes

...Right? :wacko:
QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

Kagutsuchi

1. Aluxes sucks, his only value is for comic relief.
2. Otherwise awesome work

JellalFerd

May 11, 2011, 03:57:54 pm #115 Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:41:54 am by JellalFerd
Oh well.
So, any hate for 'Felix'?

Will work on a matching gun soon.
EDIT:
Yeah, sorry, wait on that gun for a little while longer. I'm doing resources as I need them.
On that note, here's one for the mushroom monster shooting a projectile.

Yes, I'm aware of the diamond shaped mouth. :facepalm:
And here's a matching 'spore' projectile.

EDIT 2:
Oh yeah, here's a basic shield spriteset where all you have to do is overlap it.
QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

Fishface

Here are some Blizz-ABS weapons I made from the various "Castlevania" games

Bow and Arrow

Various Swords

chaucer

June 23, 2011, 12:09:34 am #117 Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:11:57 am by chaucer
Heres the original Actor/Actress(cant tell btw i didnt make this and dont know who did i just edited it) if anyone knows who the original creator is tell me so i can give them credit thanks and sorry idk if i can post this w/o knowing who the creator is >< if its ok ill post more tomorrow i have several characters from failed projects(so many  :'()

Attack

Defend

Idle

Item

Skill(same as attack)

Weapon