[RESOLVED] Request: Hokoorq048.png Shrunk? lolz

Started by Mixxth, November 24, 2011, 04:04:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixxth

November 24, 2011, 04:04:25 am Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:39:52 pm by Mixxth
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you would be willing to *shrink* the charset Hokoorq048.png so that it may be used with the world map chipset, kind of like the world charset size of chrono trigger :P

I tried and did not prevail I came out with something that looked like death had been sick and my charset was it.

That's what I get for using ms-paint to squish pixels together rather then simply shrinking the picture...I'm not artsy enough or fluent enough to do it on my own  :facepalm:, so I would be very appreciative and grateful :)

Sincerely Mixxth.

If you don't have Hokoorq048.png get it here:
Donald Knuth: "I can't go to a restaurant and order food because I keep looking at the fonts on the menu. Five minutes later I realize that it's also talking about food."

Fantasist

Resized to 50% and 75% original size:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n37l6v

There's still pixelation but reducing pixel art tends to cause that. It's the best I can do.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

ForeverZer0

Here's a little less-pixelated version (64x96). If you need another size, just say.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20787370/Pics/hokoorg64x96.png

Spoiler: ShowHide
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

ForeverZer0

Simply used Paint.NET and resized using "Best Quality" as the sizing method.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Mixxth

Exactly why we love this website :P ty guys :D
I'm going to try out paint.NET you never cease to amaze me ForeverZero :P
Donald Knuth: "I can't go to a restaurant and order food because I keep looking at the fonts on the menu. Five minutes later I realize that it's also talking about food."

ForeverZer0

Paint.NET is, in my opinion, the best drop in replacement of MS Paint for simple image editing. It is not nearly as powerful as other image software such as Photoshop, but for simple stuff, its all I use.

Mixxth

I have Photoshop CS5 just don't know how to use it lol!  :facepalm:

ForeverZer0

I have Photoshop as well, but usually I just need to simple stuff and use something else. I only how to do a fraction of the things that Photoshop can do...

Fantasist

Most of us can't even tap 50 % of Photoshop's potential. I would use Paint.NET if only it had a more comfortable interface. I should try it again, see if I can get a taste for it.

brendan_pr

November 25, 2011, 05:45:32 pm #10 Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 05:47:51 pm by brendan_pr
The best and easiest way to scale pixel art without losing quality for me is with paint. Photoshop blurs pixel art when you resize it (maybe you can turn this off?)

Just paste your sprite into paint go to Image > Resize by Percentage and then change from 100% to 50% or whatever you need. You will have to edit out the background colour to make it transparent but that's not too much work

edit: this was already answered but meh  :haha:

ForeverZer0

I can honestly say that I have never heard anyone say that MS Paint is the best way to do this. In fact, I am fairly certain that the common consensus is that MS Paint is the worse...  :O.o:

Blizzard

Quote from: brendan_pr on November 25, 2011, 05:45:32 pm
The best and easiest way to scale pixel art without losing quality for me is with paint. Photoshop blurs pixel art when you resize it (maybe you can turn this off?)

Actually everybody tries to avoid pixelization.
Yes, you can do this in Photoshop, too. There is an option for resampling in the Image Resize dialog and by default it's set to bilinear. Change it to nearest neighbor to get the same pixelation effect like in Paint.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.