[RESOLVED] In-game Snapshots?

Started by Shining Riku, August 27, 2008, 10:36:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shining Riku

August 27, 2008, 10:36:35 pm Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 06:39:59 pm by Blizzard
I do not know whether this is the place to ask or not, but here goes:

When people make new projects and post their info in the projects section, they have snapshots from their game in the topics. Is there a feature in RPG Maker XP that lets you take snapshots, or do I need to use an external program?

Starrodkirby86

August 27, 2008, 10:40:33 pm #1 Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:41:39 pm by Starrodkirby86
It's called the Print Screen button.

On your keyboard, you should notice a button called Print Screen.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Press that key to create a snapshot of your game onto your clipboard.

If you want the game contents alone (Just the game itself, no other distractions like an Internet browser window or the Start Menu), set the game to full screen (Alt + Enter) and press Print Screen, then get out of Full Screen (Alt + Enter) and move on to Paint or another Image Editor and paste it in.

If you want the current active window only, just use Alt + Print Screen and do the regular procedure. Screenshotting the whole screen (Including the start bar) would be a regular Print Screen.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Shining Riku

Awesome! Thanks, man. (I liked the picture you had there of the keyboard. Very helpful. :haha:)

Thanks again! This is just what I needed.

Berans

*wonders why no-one ever told him about alt+print screen*
I seriously never knew about the heavenly combination of those two...that'll save me a lot of work in the future

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Berans on August 28, 2008, 12:32:26 am
*wonders why no-one ever told him about alt+print screen*
I seriously never knew about the heavenly combination of those two...that'll save me a lot of work in the future
I never known about it too until Aqua gave me the combination when trying to do the nTitles error. It's kind of similar to those secrets in Paint or the glitch in Notepad. You know, the whole x10 zoom, the cloning box, and the whole stupid "bush hides the facts" Japanese letter glitch? :P

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).