What is your favorite controller?

Started by shdwlink1993, August 29, 2008, 04:49:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

shdwlink1993

In a fit of wanting to ask a strange question, I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite video game controller is and why they like that one. Everything is applicable (except a PC keyboard and mouse (sorry, rom nuts) -_-).

I perfer the Nintendo Gamecube controller because 1) It's what I'm most used to and 2) It has more buttons than most controllers (except the X-Box contoller, which... I guess I just don't like. I'd perfer the 360 controller to the original though).
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Shadonking

i liked the dream cast controller becuase of the screen in it with minigames that can be saved on it and played. also the wii controller has got to be the best with the motion sensers and the infered sight for shooting games.

i dont like the xbox or the 360 controller becuase its to big and really awcward to play with.

also the ps3 controller is good for several reasons. one is becuase they cept it the same design as the other ps consolles so we are use to playing with them and its easy for you to reach buttons quickly unlike the xbox

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Starrodkirby86

No, shdwlink, you are not making a fetish thread...I mean, oh, my favorite controller? In some aspects, the feel of an SNES button is really nostalgic and nice, and the controller itself isn't so bad. I don't choose the Xbox at all, the buttons are cool, they're not bad, and it looks pretty sleek, but they just hurt when you play DDR or button mash...PS2 I noticed some sticky sap-like thing from the analogs sometimes when I stick it out on the sun...Ew...and Gamecube, my analogs just keep on malfunctioning. I suppose SNES.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

SNES IS AWESOME! it has Kirby Super Star.

Valcos

Imma have to go with Kirby on this one... the SNES is my fav. I get an orgasmic feeling every time those buttons are pressed :O.o:.... its a sick controller :^_^':
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Diokatsu

Sega Genesis Controller is epic fun. It's got a nice curve to it and sleek black awesomeness  8) 6 buttons are more than enough and even it's 3 button brothers and sisters have got it going on

Example: ShowHide

Pokol DaErran

"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Diokatsu on August 31, 2008, 01:33:19 am
Sega Genesis Controller is epic fun. It's got a nice curve to it and sleek black awesomeness  8) 6 buttons are more than enough and even it's 3 button brothers and sisters have got it going on

Only thing, I smell that the buttons there don't look very comfortable to use. But then again, Sega people stick to their preference, as I'm never going to be used to a C button, or a Z button...And a Turbo/Slow...Mind boggling. I still want to know what material is made for that controller and the nice feel of it.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Pokol DaErran

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on August 31, 2008, 02:02:21 pm
Quote from: Diokatsu on August 31, 2008, 01:33:19 am

Only thing, I smell that the buttons there don't look very comfortable to use. But then again, Sega people stick to their preference, as I'm never going to be used to a C button, or a Z button...And a Turbo/Slow...Mind boggling. I still want to know what material is made for that controller and the nice feel of it.

Shdwlink, Starrodk86 was wrong.  You have created a fetish thread.  XD
"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt

Diokatsu

@Starrod:

The controller is just glossy black plastic. The buttons though are quite accessable, more so than a X-box controllers I would say. You rarely need more than 4 buttons but the extra never hurt. It's palm sized so its comfortable as well., Too bad sega fails at systems *sigh*

GAX

I can't really choose a favorite, in all honesty it depends on the game type.

For older controllers and games, I am loving the SNES controller, thus why I still have my SNES and I play Kirby's Dreamland 3 on it a lot (WHERE THE FUCK DID MY SUPER STAR GO TO?!).  Plus, I like playing Legend of Zelda and Super Mario World using an SNES controller than most others.

For RPGs and many other kinds of games, I like the versatile Playstaion Controller.  I say playstation because all have retained the same feel, the exception be the PS3's modified L2 and R2 buttons, but it isn't too bad, in fact it could be considered an improvement.

For a lot of First Person Shooters that are based on Death Match mode, I like the trusty Big Duke.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it's the original controller for the XBox.  I prefer the Duke because it has a much more natural feel for playing FPS games for me, and that my hands are fairly large, so I can opperate the entire controller with little to no problems.

I play DDR, so Dance Pad, nuff said.  My prefered dance pad:  Must be metal with the back bar, and should be either bolted or weighed to the ground, because I abuse the bar sometimes and I don't wanna land of my face after playing TLoM because I leaned on the bar...

An overall favorite though is tough, but I'd have to make it a tie between the PS and SNES controllers.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Shadonking

i agree with that first bit apart from the xbox controller becuase i just not like it.

]

rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

Starrodkirby86

Of course the DDR pad is the most preferred, but how many people have Cobalt Fluxes at their house?  :^_^': A good alternative is the Red Octane, with the foam pad foundation at the bottom. For the bar, a good substitute would be a chair around the same height or a couch. That's the home version though, on the arcade, it's always going to be a given with the metallic pads, just hope that the arcade machine isn't pounded up from little tykes not knowing how to play...-_-;

Shadonking

trust me it takes alot to break them machines.

every controller has there good and bad points and i dont really have a favorate.

but if we are on about arcade machines then the worst is house of the dead 4 guns becuase they are always faulty. and really hard to fix becuase there are so many bits inside that could cuase problems.

]

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: shadonking on August 31, 2008, 06:18:55 pm
trust me it takes alot to break them machines.
Not for the DDR Machines though. A stomp on those pads are like pounding nails in your coffin; it's a really painful thing and it's discouraged to do. But people do it anyway. Eventually those buttons wear out and you can't hit them anymore. This is the case for many popular arcades with teenagers that do not know how to play DDR. I already seen so many machines getting killed, I'm glad Fresno doesn't have as much as other cities.

Shadonking

but they are easy to repair if they do break.

i have one at work and it hasnt broke in two years.

]

Starrodkirby86

But the staff at arcades don't ever bother to repair them. They may at other places, but usually nobody cares and it remains dead...It's a good thing yours didn't ever break; you probably took care of it very well and didn't kill it with bad dancing, you know?

Blizzard

N64 controller FTW. The analogue stick was awesome, way better than the one of the extra PSX controllers. >:3
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

Quote from: Blizzard on August 31, 2008, 08:16:09 pm
N64 controller FTW. The analogue stick was awesome, way better than the one of the extra PSX controllers. >:3

I love the N64 controller, but the problem I had was that both my N64 Controllers, the analog sticks are worn downa  bit and loose (Been playing too much Zelda, Mario, and Mariokart).

About the dance pad thing.  When I go to a friend's house knowing I'll be playing DDR and there isn't going to be a metal pad, I borrow one from a friend.  I tried the chair thing, and it was actually quite hillarious.  I used the chair and I ended up flipping over it and landing flat on my ass with the chair nailing the other guy and sending him flat on his face.  Good times...

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

You tell me about worn out. #_# That was about the only problem.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.