What is your favorite controller?

Started by shdwlink1993, August 29, 2008, 04:49:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Valcos

Only? It hurt the fingure way to much play smash bros for like 8 hours straight. The analog would dig into my thumb and hurt it!  :'( Plus playing duke nukem on it was almost impossible >:(
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

That's true, excessive playing could be a pain: Mario Party. #_#
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Pokol DaErran

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on August 31, 2008, 04:23:57 pm
Of course the DDR pad is the most preferred, but how many people have Cobalt Fluxes at their house?  :^_^':

If anyone does, you do.

But back to the point.  I look more for functionality then feel, and who can argue with motion control! :D
Or maybe I'm just a Boom Blox addict.
"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt

Valcos

Lol... isnt wii getting that motion+ stuff? So its more motionable? :huh:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Diokatsu

Motion control has potential but it's not relized at all. No one is close to seeing what it can really do. And no one has the genius to see people want a sit down standard controller version/mode of the game as well. Motion control is like a unripe fruit. Hopefully this fruit doesn't rot upon exposure to the air once it ripens x_x

We cna always solve that problem with lemons though :V?

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Diokatsu on September 02, 2008, 02:25:58 am
We cna always solve that problem with lemons though :V?

"The Wii controller suggestively took off its jacket because it wanted to be free from Nintendo's clutches. It spoke to the Nunchuk in a seductive tone..."

Oh gosh...I don't like the sound of that...

---

At least they are trying and giving an effort to make something innovative to the market. Motion control isn't optimal, but it's there, and as it is there it can still provide a help (i.e. Being healthy). If Pokol likes it, I can see reason why to. XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

Since when has Nintendo NOT been innovative?

I think the newest releases were all a bust. X-box has no blue-ray, PS3 was too damn expensive to buy and to manufacture games for, and the Wii has yet to be the awesome system it could be.

Valcos

Lol what was the controller that was like a wheel or something you spin? It was like for pong or something  :haha:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

You mean those knobs you turn around to move as your control stick, before the joystick became a staple in the Game Industry? If so, then that's the Magnavox Odyssey, or The Brown Box. It's one of the first consoles to be created (I'm pretty sure it is, Fairchild Channel F came later). Odyssey did have a game of PONG and such, so this must be what you are speaking about.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Valcos

Lol... yeah :^_^': Knew you would know :P. I never actually played on it before but just was going to bring it up because of the classicality? of it :huh:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Spoiler: ShowHide

Just think how you would play Etch-a-Sketch game-wise. That's basically what the Odyssey is. The games were really poor though, it was mostly dots and all, only changeable with overlays (Apparently PONG is Hockey once you put a blue overlay on your TV... :roll:)

Spoiler: ShowHide

Now THIS is one of the WORST controllers ever to face on the Video Game Industry. The Atari 7800's joystick was an instant fail, as the joystick "flops" over, making commands hard to execute.

Valcos

Lmao... that was the most horrible controller ever  :haha:. Never understood why the joystick was made like that  :huh: such a stupid design...
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

I agree. That Atari controller was terrible. #_#
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

Starrodkirby86

There's always the one that wards off from the rest of the group, i.e. the one that thinks differently. That's a good and bad thing.

The worst brand in my opinion that manufactures controllers though is MadCatz. Anyone concur? It's not a favorite subject here, but I definitely believe MadCatz soiled these favorite controllers. :P