Walking like they are drunk? O.o;

Started by Blizzard, August 29, 2008, 10:06:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I accidently discovered this when I was trying to rotate the sight area sprite for a sneak dungeon in my game. The character sprite started "walking weird" since I made a mistake in the scripts. I present you the DRUNKEN ADD-ON!
You can activate it for an event by using the script call "$game_map.events[ID].drunken = true" or for the player "$game_player.drunken = true".

class Game_Character

attr_accessor :drunken

end

class Sprite_Character

alias init_drunken_later initialize
  def initialize(viewport, character = nil)
    @drunken_mode = true
    init_drunken_later(viewport, character)
  end

alias upd_drunken_later update
  def update
    upd_drunken_later
    if @character != nil && @character.drunken
      if @character.moving? || self.angle != 0
        if @drunken_mode
          self.angle += 1
          @drunken_mode = (self.angle <= 8)
        else
          self.angle -= 1
          @drunken_mode = (self.angle < -8)
        end
      else
        @drunken_mode, self.angle = true, 0
      end
    end
  end

end

It comes above Blizz-ABS if you use it. I suggest you try this out, it's fun. :D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

DeathLock

When I read this, made me laugh so hard. XD

TheHackMan

August 30, 2008, 05:57:39 pm #2 Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 05:59:21 pm by TheHackMan
XD took me 3 seconds to get here from the time I saw the title. Would be a really interesting add-on for some bars and whatnot :P
I get some undefined method 'angle' error whenever I try this for both the character and other events

legacyblade

lol, that is the funniest script I have ever seen. I think you should add it to tons of addons, making a "drunk" state possible. That'd be awesome, especially for the blizzABS. It could decrease accuracy, and increase strength and whatnot. Great discovery blizz.

Pokol DaErran

Yes, that's right.  Blizzard is so good at scripting he can make awesome scripts by accident.  XD
This is ROFL worthy.  Great job! :D
"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt

Blizzard

I wasn't going to support that script. xD I just put it up because it was kinda fun. And yeah, it's possible that it doesn't work right with some systems. Heck, it's even possible that it's buggy itself. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TheHackMan

I think this would be an awesome script to add and fix up a bit. It could really be interesting to put with some beer and a character in battle after some city bar hopping >.>

Blizzard

Jackolas

Calintz

Could somebody post some screenshots of this please, Lmao...
If not that would be okay, because anything Blizzard is worth the download.

I'm just asking for someone to save me the hassle.

Starrodkirby86

It's really hard to post a screenshot of something that changes the animation of a hero unless the screenshot is an animated image. And I never really got to doing or finding out how to do that (I would know how thanks to Google).

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Calintz

Oh...nevermind...
I thought it would be like them staggering and you would be able to get a shot of them kinda diagonal or something...sorry...

I will be less lazy and download the demo

Shadonking

could this script work with moving events, becuase it would be well funny just to have random drunk people walking about.  :haha:

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Blizzard

Shadonking

that is hellish funny, i just made like 10 random people walking like they were drunk.

]

rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

Zeriab

That's so silly Blizz XD
I don't know whether I should say 'Good job' or 'Good mistake' :P

Blizzard

Zeriab

It is indeed XD
How practical it is is another matter.

Blizzard

It's still nice as an add-on. As a few people here suggested, it can be used to display a drunken status effect when displaying status effects on the map.

Shadonking

or just place drunk people in a game for the fun of it. most games have easter eggs in them (jokes) and i plan to have a few jokes in mine aswell and this is a perfect joke.

]