Whats going on? Game splits in half

Started by TheHackMan, September 01, 2008, 09:09:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHackMan

A few weeks ago I created a successful game disk, extracted it, and all that good jazz. Everything worked just fine.

Now whenever I create a game disk I get a 125MB game disk file AND a second 33MB file called test.002 and when I open this test.002 file with WinRAR it contains the second HALF of my game. This is causing my game extraction to fail every time and I can't seem to figure out whats causing this, how to overcome it, or even merge the 125MB file with the .002 second portion of the file so that I DO have a successful extraction so that I can play the game and whatnot.

Anybody have any information about this incident or how I can fix it?

Ryex

wrong section?
try posting in the script topic?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

TheHackMan

Well this doesn't have anything to do with scripts in RPG Maker, this is when I am making and extracting the gamedisk files themselves

Starrodkirby86

@Ryexander: This is not the wrong section. Writing a game disk is not related to Scripting and is related to General RPG Maker-ness. So it won't be moved.

---

Do you happen to use Postality Knights or the legal version of RMXP?

Try another project and extract game disk wise. If it's successful, add more space to it, and extract again. (You need to have a computer with lots of space for this method :P). Keep adding game space and extracting the game disk until it makes that error. If your test project exceeds 125 MB or something and the game disk extraction is a success, then you know it's your project causing a problem. If so, copy your project and paste it under some different folder name or something, try sneaky methods to trick RMXP. But test out the first method first....

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Ryex

oh my bad I though you were talking about the multi-disk script! lol now that i think about it that that is strange sorry
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

TheHackMan

I made a brand new project and tried making an encrypted game disk, it came out as the normal simple game disk. I think it might be caused by having a game that is too large? Although it would seem that other people might have had this problem as well.

This is the legal version, I just started using it today.

Aqua

Ryex

this error seems familiar I could swear that I read it somewhere before like a year or two ago... maybe rmrk? not sure

TheHackMan

I just figured out what has been happening and it is VERY strange.
I have a 135MB audio file folder and upon moving it to an alternate location, and then creating a game disk things worked correctly although a duplicate RAR folder of everything was created at the same time. I successfully extracted everything(this time missing the audio folder) and then I could move the audio files(or rather copy them back) to the new folder where I extracted everything and the game is playable

Blizzard

September 02, 2008, 10:55:36 am #9 Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:08:30 pm by Blizzard
This happened to me a few times as well. But the encrypted archive was ok, I simply deleted the test.xxx file.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TheHackMan

well the odd thing is, when I checked it all out and whatnot it splits the RGSS Encrypted Archive file between the .002 file and the other one making it impossible to get the completed file.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.