Computer cables

Started by TheHackMan, September 03, 2008, 03:06:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHackMan

I want to have my computer speaker output go, instead of to normal speakers, to my stereo system which only has those red/white cable inputs on the back(as used to hook PS2, Xbox, etc audio up to the TV). Is it possible to do this and if so what cables do I need

Blizzard

September 03, 2008, 03:48:12 pm #1 Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 03:49:34 pm by Blizzard
You need a 3.5mm stereo male jack to 2x cinch male. That should do it. You can get such a cable in any audio equipment shop that is not complete crap. Mostly you can find it in the electronics section of bigger stores as well.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TheHackMan

Just got one today. Tiger Direct wanted 5 bucks for the 6' version of the cable where as Best Buy wanted 30 bucks for the same 6' cable -.-' I got a 25 foot extension cable as well from Tiger Direct to hook up my TV to the stereo system too and together both items came out to be about the same as the single cable from Best Buy after tax

Blizzard

Lol, yeah. You have to check out several options, the prices can vary a lot. I would have done the same as you.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.