Change Actor Graphic Bug

Started by CrimsonWolf, September 04, 2008, 07:26:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CrimsonWolf

September 04, 2008, 07:26:44 pm Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:33:40 pm by CrimsonWolf
Up until today, this was working fine so i'm not sure what happened. But whenever I go into an event and try to use "Change Actor Graphic" it doesn't let me select an individual graphic from the sprite sheet. The little box that lets you click which one you want doesn't appear. I tried double clicking on the one I wanted, but in game it automatically shows up as whatever sprite was in the bottom left hand corner of the sheet.

I'm running Windows XP, RPG Maker XP and yes, it is the legal version.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Starrodkirby86

You can't select the specific frame unless if you're using the Move Route Change Graphic command or you're editing the Event graphic. You cannot do this for Change Actor Graphic, unfortunately. If you want to select a specific frame, don't use Change Actor Graphic; use Move Route instead. Make sure to change it back. :P

And welcome to the forums. :welcome: :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

CrimsonWolf

Oh, whoops :) Hehe, thanks for that. Just a silly error on my part.

And thanks for the welcome :D

Starrodkirby86

No problem, Wolf. :P Happy to see a new face here, and hope you do stay (Not trying to convert this topic into a Welcome Topic or anything  :shifty: )

I went to the conclusion that this problem is resolved, so I added the tag [RESOLVED] before the name to avoid any confusion. If by any reason you think this problem is not resolved or this problem comes back, feel free to edit the topic name and make a new post.  :hi:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

CrimsonWolf

I do think something is still wrong though.

I fiddled around a bit and even though I can now select which character sprite I want (using move player) it's still giving me the one in the bottom corner even though I selected one at the top. This is just one of the default sprite sheets so I haven't edited it or anything.

Also, in the battle that takes place soon after where I was changing the graphic, my characters battle image doesn't show up. I tried taking out the player move->actor change event, but the battle image is still failing to appear.

Any ideas?

Starrodkirby86

September 04, 2008, 08:40:14 pm #5 Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:42:09 pm by Starrodkirby86
Use Change Actor Graphic to alter your battler. That's the only way I can think of on that case. Sounds strange, I know...Make sure there is a Battler Graphic it is directing to, and go into an enemy processing.

It may be the way the actor is facing, the certain direction for example.  Try another Move Route and test to see if it works, if it does, then there may be another problem. If all goes wrong, you may need a Direction Fix. D: If you're really in a pickle, you can always show us a screenshot of your problem. (You know, the Print Screen procedure)

If anything doesn't work, just go into a clean project or clean map and try to emulate the problem (i.e. Make the problem on purpose and see how you can correct it).

CrimsonWolf

Well, I just deleted the event and started again. The battler graphic is working again now, which is good, but the actor change is just weird.

Now it starts off as the wrong graphic while someones speaking, but once the text is finished, its changing to the correct sprite. I've searched high and low, and there's no other code that changes the graphic. I can post a screenshot if you think it might help, but i'm pretty sure I haven't missed anything in the event.

Starrodkirby86

September 04, 2008, 08:53:05 pm #7 Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:53:58 pm by Starrodkirby86
It must be the Event Graphic you're talking about. In the Event Editor, there's a section called Options at the bottom left corner. It'll probably look like this unless you edited it.

Options
[*] Move Animation
[] Stop Animation
[] Direction Fix
[] Through
[] Always on Top

Un-tick Move Animation and tick Direction Fix.

Options
[] Move Animation
[] Stop Animation
[*] Direction Fix
[] Through
[] Always on Top

That way, the event you're talking to won't change graphics. That's the only way I can think of if you're responding to the event and all...if it's the hero...then make some Move Route somewhere with Direction Fix ON and you don't turn it off when speaking, but that isn't cool all the time (i.e. It'll look awkward).

CrimsonWolf

It's the hero, but that didn't seem to fix it...

If you can't think of anything else then don't worry, it's only wrong for about five seconds, so it's not the end of the world. It just looks kinda weird :P

Aqua

Do you have the change actor graphic code BEFORE the talking?

CrimsonWolf

No. I only have one change actor code in the whole game, which is the one i've been discussing.