Deira

Started by Falcon, September 05, 2008, 03:38:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon

September 05, 2008, 03:38:48 pm Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:30:03 pm by Falcon
Deira

Plot

Twenty-six years after a war that raged across the continent and pitted the Elves against Humanity, many citizens in the Republic of Soth still live in squalor. Adding to the chaos of the situation, small bands of mercenary gangs, called 'families', have risen up who are willing to take any jobs, including illegal ones, for money. In the Ezra Family, Dane and Tyrius are sent on a routine collection mission. Upon their return however, they find the headquarters of the Ezra Family being ransacked by the police and their comrades slain or arrested. Now fugitives, Dane and Tyrius embark on their journey.

Races

Humans - Humans have been around for about a century, and were originally enslaved by elves alongside Cin'dor to work as slaves. As a result, the two races share a great bond, and they have fought together in every battle. Humans became the dominant race after the discovery of the mana plague.

Elves - The elves ruled unchallenged as the dominant race for most of the world's history, but the war changed that. The elves have always considered themselves superior to all other races because of their strong magic affinity. Ultimately, this promoted a false sense of security and thus they were not prepared when the humans developed alchemy.

Half Elves - Half elves are of course, the result of a union between a human and an elf. Only Aleria has no problem with the half elves, most other nations despise them.

Cin'dor - The Cin'dor were originally created by magic; the elves intended them to be the perfect slaves, with more strength than humans. However, the Cin'dor broke free with the humans, and went on to develop basic alchemy.

Characters

Tyrius Sanen
Class: Thief

A human whose father is a drug-addict, Tyrius turned to thievery at an early age. He was adopted into a local mercenary guild and often takes on the seedier jobs for which the guild is hired. Though his bluntness and crassness often put off those he meets, he is respected within the guild for the agility and speed that he has due to his use of alchemy.

Dane
Class: Berserker

A half-Cin'dor child, the physical maturity that comes from his Cin'dor heritage far outpaces his emotional maturity. Harbouring an obscene devotion to his mother, he works in the Mercenary guild in order to support his sick mother. Due to his fierce appearance and his strength, he is most often used as an enforcer on missions.
Factions

Human Factions

Doren - While the nation of Doren has existed for little over a half century; they only recently gained power. Doren is undoubtedly the most powerful nation, gaining a large amount of terrirtory after the War for Emancipation. After releasing the mana plague, few mages dare to stand up the might of Doren.

Republic of Soth - A small nation that joined forces with Doren to fight in the war. After the war, Soth doubled its land, but the leaders believed they deserved much more.

Aleria - A large trading empire, Aleria did not play a large role in the war; but they did cease trade with the Elven nations, causing a large financial headache for Amyir.

Cin'dor Isles - While not Human, the Cin'dor have fought with the humans, and the two races are always in political agreement. Nearly 80% of the Cin'dor population live on these small islands.

Elven Factions

Amyir - Before the war, Amyir was the world leader. However, they doubted the power of alchemy, and they paid dearly for their overconfidence. Refusing to surrender to the humans, most of the population dissapeared into the desert sands.

Ilina - The first nation the released their slaves, Ilina was the tragic victim of the war. Reluctant to enter the war, only Amyir's threats caused their army to mobilize. Ilina lost about 75% of its land, and is now the weakest nation.

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Outside the Inn

EP? RP? What does that all mean!?

Team

• Falcon - Scripting, Mapping, Story

• Modern Algebra - Scripting, Story

• emidy - Artist

We are currently looking for a spriter and an artist.

Credits

• Enterbrain (Duh)

• Naramura

• Nakkurman

• Pickle/IceAx

• Whitecat

• Tana

• TheInquisitor

• Ccoa

• Yeyinde

• SDK Team

• MACL Team

• Zeriab

• Cogwheel

• Prexus

• Minkoff

• Guillaume777

• UCoders Team

• Momo

• sandgolem

Blizzard

Can you just put the images in spoilers? Thanks. :D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Falcon

Starrodkirby86

That's one sexy map...For what's so little there's a lot of interesting stuff here. Deira is also a very tiny name, which is easy to write about, you know? So points for that. I'm however not excited at the plot, the war particularly, the mission area not so much. I'll look forward to see what happens.

By the way, too lazy check to RMRK, has this game won Project of the Month? Probably not since there's no Demo, but Soul Reaver got PoTM and that has no demo to my knowledge (just a teaser), so...yeah. If Deira didn't win, I hope it does. :P

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Falcon

September 05, 2008, 10:35:32 pm #4 Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:47:17 pm by Falcon
My curse, everyone ignores my projects mostly :P

The mission is just the start, I assure you, they won't be running from the law for more than an hour.

And no, we haven't won PotM.

Here's how the battle system works:

Well, I may as well explain a bit about the battle system.

Unlike some RPGs, where you can just hammer the enter key to attack, you'll need to think a bit for our system. Nearly ALL skills are on cooldowns, you can't have the mage spam their best attack skill every turn; you'll need to use more than one skill every now and then.

Skill names can be in white (usable), red (needs X turns before you can use it again), or blue (need more EP/RP).

Also, since Tyrius and Dane are unable to use magic, we decided not to give them mana. Instead, they each have a unique way of using their skills. Anyone whose played WoW should feel right at home.

Tyrius, will use Energy, he starts at 100, and recovers a bit each turn. Tyrius should be using skills nearly every turn, and only attacking to recover energy.

Dane, is the opposite of Tyrius; he'll be attacking to fill his rage bar, and once it gets high enough, he can either use skills, or enter the berserk state. In theberserk state, Dane's attacks become much stronger, and have a chance to stun or cause the enemy to bleed.

Falcon

God I hate bumping. -.-

May as well say that the battle system idea is fully implemented. I'd like some feedback on it; if people think I should scrap it, I'd like to know before we proceed further XD

Starrodkirby86

That's a great system, pretty original and familiar in my opinion, but there's a lot of familiar items being implemented into something unique. I would still hammer on the Enter button though, haha...:P

Keep going with this Falcon.  8)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

First off, you will get noticed, just be patient.

Looks cool, very WoW-ish effect, I never liked WoW personally. Looks like a cool project anyways

computerwizoo7

Whats up Falcon! i have a little free time now and then so i guess i can help your project and possibly join your dev team if you have one that is.
please reply to me so i can know whats going on for the game!

Falcon

Me and modern don't need anyone who can't even take the time to make a forum post with proper grammar and spelling.

Diokatsu

September 21, 2008, 10:51:33 am #10 Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:59:23 am by Diokatsu
...And CP doesn't have time for people who act like self-righteous biggots, coming on here with a hair acroos their rear-end. He said he'd help, I'm sure he can spell, and frankly, it's the internet. You aren't going to get a perfect reply, and if you wish to help others who wish to help you you better be nice. I'm sorry our world doesn't revolve around you. Try and say: "Please try and properly format your text in compliance with the standards of English spelling and grammar."

Also, Tyrius is blunt and crass, like I haven't see that before...Dane is nice, typical brute but I like the whole "child's mindset" idea.

Chaze007

meh, the game is "okay" i agree with Diokatsu, ad you aren't going to get any helpers if you're going to be a complete asshole about it.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Falcon

You guys apparently think I want help with this game. If someone can't even attempt to use capitalization and grammar, then I don't want them on my team. Not to mention, if they don't post examples, they're probably not experienced anyways. As the moderator of the most noob infested forum on RMRK, it's my duty to be an ass to noobs; so, I'm really not going to listen much to y'all, sorry 'bout that.

Tyrius is the typical blunt and crass character, he has a rather interesting past though, but that will be revealed in the game.

Chaze, I'll throw that comment right back at you for your game :P

Chaze007

September 21, 2008, 06:48:08 pm #13 Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:01:14 pm by Chaze007
[edit?] lol, why'd i post that, i must've been high, anyway yeah idrc what you have to say about me, lol everyone agrees that you're an asshole.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Blizzard

Falcon, you've become an asshole. That's all I have to say about it. I hope the rest of RMRK is not following your example.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Falcon

Script forum has made me much more of an asshole I suppose. I think Zxmelee and I are the only people who get ticked off easily on RMRK. We all do enjoy a flame war though.

Diokatsu

No offence of course xD

Also, the fact hat you leave the background a mystery is....to put it lightly it's crap. It's a plot coup[on, free plot somewhere in the story so that you don't have to develop it elsewhere. Look at great stories, Catcher in the Rye, Lolita, War and Peace, and Brothers Karamazov and you see they don't use this bullshit plot device to fabricate a plot but use development in an effort to expel the character. The plot is also quite dynamic, not flipping back to fix holes in itself as it has the ability to do without them.

Falcon

Books and Video Games are very different. Volrath, the writer of Master of the Wind, basically said something along these lines, "Why would I make the player sit through long cutscenes for a character they don't even care about?" Me and modern don't plan to release every detail before the story starts. Give the player something to look for. Put hints about the past in the game, but don't reveal it in the first hour or two. Frankly, I believe that idea of revealing everything early is one of the most incredibly stupid ideas I've heard.

No offense of course xD

Diokatsu

Xd Perfectly good. All I'm saying is that that is pure anime right there. Not that that's bad of course, but I'd like to see something else once in a while.

tSwitch

Just don't go the Magna Carta route.  Almost every character was "a loner who keeps to themselves most of the time, nothing is known about their past"

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr