The new skin

Started by Blizzard, September 10, 2008, 05:00:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I have started working on the new full skin for CP. Do you guys want me to post some screenshots while I'm working on it?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shadonking

yeh, who wouldent give up the chance to see something before its releast :D

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Blizzard

September 10, 2008, 09:17:19 am #2 Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:18:29 am by Blizzard

As you see the shoutbox has been integrated into the skin and it will have a dynamic width which matches your browser's window width. >:3

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shadonking

cool, looks smart.

cant wait to see it finished

Creator Of Music And Games
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Starrodkirby86

Interesting screenshot you pose there Blizzard. I like the sleek look, but I'm so accustomed to the color scheme and style of Rhett, that I don't know what to do when it switches. Of course, with this new theme CP will turn into a new professional style, I just can't see this unique community switch easily into that. I like the theme however, good job.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

September 10, 2008, 09:37:11 am #5 Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 01:44:36 pm by Blizzard
It's far from done. :P It's just an small example of how it will look like. And it will be give a more modern/futuristic feeling than professional. And yeah, I will keep a bit of the color scheme of Rhett. I'll use red, white and dark grey. It might remind some people of the CPXtreme theme at the old forum, but it will be much better. :D

EDIT: Here's a little update.

I only made the images quickly, they will look MUCH better when they are done. It actually looks pretty stupid right now.

Diokatsu

I like it xD

I'm still a fan of the old school skin though

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Valcos

Yeah... cause right now i honestly dont like the skin we have got at the moment!  :o. Looking forward to the new one!  :haha: (no... the skin doesnt affect how much i go on the forum :P)
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Vell

will there be a new Dark Theme too?

Blizzard

September 11, 2008, 04:06:59 pm #10 Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 04:08:09 pm by Blizzard
Yes, I will make a corresponding Dark Theme. This isn't much of a work, I only have to change the colors of the images and the CSS file.

Here's another screenshot. It's still not done, but it's way better than before. I'm simply lacking the inspiration. I'll just have to sit down and draw it on paper first. It's a much quicker way to try out some ideas. I just have to brainstorm.

Chaze007

i love it :D keep up the good work...hehe im in the shoutbox xD
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Starrodkirby86

...You spin me right round, baby right round, like a record baby, right round, round round...

...You spin me right round, baby right round, like a record baby, right round, round round...

*Funky groove*

I'm so glad I'm in it too...?  8)

And I noticed on your tab there the Chaos-Project icon is in near inverted colors, which intrigues me. Do we, as the consumer, get to see this icon when we're on the site too? Or is this part of the Opera theme and there's no special gimmicks you did here...Which I doubt as the inverted colors there are not the same as the icon we have here. :/

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Chaze007

i think it's the theme considering the other 2 arent inverted.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Blizzard

Yeah, it's the icon of my locally hosted forum so I always know which forum I am on so I don't do something bad like deleting posts/topics/sections. o.o

I worked on it yesterday before I went to sleep and here is the result. It's looks somewhat inconsistent so this isn't the final design.

Starrodkirby86

Yes! This definitely fits the color scheme of the Rhett theme, yet incorperates the technology theme of CP (As seen on the "homepage"). Great work, Blizzard. Of course, it's "inconsistent", but I await the final design definitely.

Blizzard

September 15, 2008, 08:30:02 am #16 Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:46:31 pm by Blizzard
Now this one is much better. It might be the final design.

EDIT: Which logo base type do you like more?

Here's a sample of one of the logos.

Aqua

It's hard to tell it says Chaos Project and not haos roject...

But I'd say 3

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Ryexander on September 15, 2008, 06:21:28 pm
I'd say 4
That's Number Two in a fancy design. :P

Number Three is the one that least looks like a "Haos Project" (What is a Haos?  :O.o: ) That has my vote. :)

The Theme is definitely more Chaos-Project like, but I'm disappointed, I only see the shoutbox and not other contents. Oh well. Great job, Blizzard.