The new skin

Started by Blizzard, September 10, 2008, 05:00:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

September 23, 2008, 01:06:18 pm #40 Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 02:06:41 pm by Blizzard
Maybe an hour. As soon as I finish posting, I will take the forum down and put up the alpha version. >:3

EDIT:

Alright, here it is. Remember, this is the alpha version. I still need to fix some stuff and I need to put up a new banner (obviously). I also have to make the part where the chat is integrated into the skin. After I have done all that, the skin will be beta and I will created a dark colored version of it which will be ChaosDark5, the dark skin. All other skins have been removed.

@all the dark-skin lovers: You have to use this one until I put up the beta and the dark skin. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

awesome skin.

I'd love to see a green/black version

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Shadonking

actualy that would look quite good.

and yeh it looks good, cant wait for the dark version tho.

and im glad there is a link to chat now, noobs will beable to find it easyer now.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Stealth

Blizz just told me to inform you that if you notice ANY trouble with the skin, post it right here or PM him.

Blizzard

You heard the bass man. :)

And yes, my idea of a dark version of this skin was black+grey+green where it would be that yellowish neon color.
After I'm done with the beta and the dark version, I will make a homepage. >:3

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TheHackMan

MY EYES! *eyes are burning*
Its soo bright! *hiss*
*turns down the contrast*
Much better, I like the skin, can't wait for the dark version though.

Blizzard

I thought the other one was brighter. o.o I'm actually already working on this skin right now. I just fixed the shoutbox archive.

Vell

COOL! this is awesome. cant wait for the Dark Theme.

Starrodkirby86

September 23, 2008, 06:23:13 pm #48 Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:40:01 pm by Starrodkirby86
The buttons for reply, notify, and the like are extremely small. Picture-oriented icons for them would be better, as long as a size would be smaller. The New Posts are great, but they are extremely large and somewhat distracting. The whole theme overall is a larger at a whole, I don't know if that translates into we're going in larger boundaries here.

EDIT: Possibly do some more flare with the post boxes. White with red won't particularly do...

Definitely fix up the Reply items. One nitpick...

Chaos Project > Community > News/Suggestions/Feedback > Post reply ( Re: The new skin )

Should Post Reply be somewhat like the same size, as I noticed this on my theme.

Note that I am using Mozilla FireFox, not Opera or IE. There may be some changes.

Great skin, overall. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Chaze007

yes, took me a bit to find the reply buttons and stuff, also here's some suggestions. the new topic stuff, new post, you should change the color, to like blue, so it's easier to tell. also [lol this is stupidish] the little diamon shapes annoy me, on the corners of community and such xD...they just dont fit in.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

@Chaze: New skins are like that. Most people love it, a few hate it. I remember when Silverline changed the skin to white on RMRK long ago. I couldn't stand it. But after a week or two I got used to it and now I prefer bright skins. BTW, the "buttons" are at the same positions as they were before. :P

@SRK: Good notice. It happens in Opera as well. I will fix it immediately.

Starrodkirby86

Thanks Blizzard. Small cosmetic changes like this really add up to make an excellent skin.

---

I don't know if this problem is completely strange, but I'm posting this using a proxy. Why? The web browser won't load CP for both computer in my household. I don't know if it's the Internet Connection; Aqua had a similar problem, except she resolved it by resetting her DSL connection. Any jiff on this?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

tSwitch

Quote from: Chaze007 on September 23, 2008, 09:18:02 pm
yes, took me a bit to find the reply buttons and stuff, also here's some suggestions. the new topic stuff, new post, you should change the color, to like blue, so it's easier to tell. also [lol this is stupidish] the little diamon shapes annoy me, on the corners of community and such xD...they just dont fit in.

blue won't work on a red skin :P

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

September 24, 2008, 12:43:52 pm #54 Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:45:05 pm by Blizzard
That weird, I'm having the same problem, SRK. I sometimes can access and I sometimes can't. i.e. Right now I can't. I'm posting using a proxy. But I also can't access the ftp server. I think it has to do with the host, not with our PCs. I wonder if the host is blocking our IPs because we're frequently active. >:O

BTW, I fixed that problem (perfection is the key ;)) and I also added the "different" chat. :P chat.chaos-project.com will be taken down now because there is no more need for it. :) If you're curious what's different, click the chat link in the top menu bar.

Shadonking

very nice. 8) now it is truely part of the website.

im not sure if you said you were going to change this but the images that show that there are new messages are way to big.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Blizzard

September 24, 2008, 04:39:47 pm #56 Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:41:28 pm by Blizzard
What do you mean? Can you make a screenshot of that?

BTW, this skin is now beta. I think I fixed the majority of small things which I wanted to. They were mainly invisible to you anyway, they were in the admin area. :P

Starrodkirby86

He's talking about those icons that notify you if there's a new message on the board. I made a similar nitpick about this.

Quote from: Carrodkirby86The New Posts are great, but they are extremely large and somewhat distracting. The whole theme overall is a larger at a whole, I don't know if that translates into we're going in larger boundaries here.

This is the image Shadon and I are talking about.

---

I can view the Administrator area. :P Now I'm posting this without using a proxy, so yeah, the host must be a badman. Then again...around the weekend I was responsible for more than 2000 hits for the site... ._.;

Blizzard

Alright, I might make them smaller.

And you're supposed to see the admin area. You can ban, remember?

Starrodkirby86

September 24, 2008, 06:31:54 pm #59 Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 06:33:22 pm by Starrodkirby86
Yes, I'm aware of that fact. Of course, I'm just saying that as a taunt to any person reading it, along with that I am definitely privileged with this.

So...this is the what the skin will look like now...Any future changes will probably be minor and not a major overhaul...Great job overall Blizzard. Although I'm not accustomed to the large space of the skin, I'll get used to it eventually and begin to love it more than Rhett. I still think something more can be made here...Not hinting at those previous suggestions should be taken into action...>_>;

It's time for that Homepage to come, spic-and-span, sexy and new, and other adjectives that have positive connotations...