Making a non-NPC object move?

Started by CrimsonWolf, September 10, 2008, 05:51:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CrimsonWolf

Can it be done? I have a floating platform I want to be able to move, but if I set it up with a graphic from the current tile set and use the same stuff I'd use for an NPC (Random move route, Parallel Process) it doesn't go anywhere. I also tried setting it up as a new character sprite, but again it didn't move. I tried duplication the event with an NPC and it worked no problems.

So what am I doing wrong?

Blizzard

If you are using Blizz-ABS (which I don't know since you don't seem to have read this topic even though it is stickied), you have to turn off the Autokill option in the Anti-Lag Configuration. It prevents the update of specific events.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

CrimsonWolf

I'm not using Blizz-ABS, that's why I didn't mention it. I wouldn't have thought I'd need to specify when I didn't use something. I'm not running an ABS. All I want to know if if I create an event with a graphic from a tileset or from a character set, can I make it move? In the event i've created a custom move route to move down 5 times and then up 5 times, repeat is set to on. It's a parallel process so it should run fine, yet it doesn't move. I don't think I can be any more specific than that.

Shadonking

have you placed any wait commands in it.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

CrimsonWolf

Aqua

Did you set the route in the Autonomous Movement and not as an event code?

I tried using a tileset as an event graphic and it works fine for me.