Firefox

Started by Chaze007, September 12, 2008, 04:47:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaze007

Okay guys, the reason I'm not using firefox is because it crashes when i go on sites like youtube, tinypic, photobucket, and myspace. if anyone can help me i'd love to have my firefox back >.>, im using vista home premium.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Diokatsu

Firefox is too big. You should try Lolifox

tSwitch

Quote from: Chaze007 on September 12, 2008, 04:47:49 pm
Okay guys, the reason I'm not using firefox is because it crashes when i go on sites like youtube, tinypic, photobucket, and myspace. if anyone can help me i'd love to have my firefox back >.>, im using vista home premium.

your firefox fails.
my FF3 doesn't crash at all and I'm using iVista Ultimate Sp1

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Diokatsu

First off, not helpful.

Next, my Firefox crashes as well when this happens. You aren't alone

Starrodkirby86

Uninstall and reinstall FireFox. Remove any bad plug-ins and maybe search the Internet on some alternate browsers. Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, some of those are pretty nice.

My FireFox fortunately doesn't crash when it goes on those sites, but it crahses on those sites that launch those music and stuff.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

Use Chrome or Opera for speed...

I avoid using Safari to shoot Apple down.

Starrodkirby86

A FYI for the people reading, I had a conversation with Chaze about his FireFox problem. It turned out in the end the flash items keep freezing his Firefox, so I gave him a temporary solution to disable flash:

http://johnhaller.com/jh/useful_stuff/disable_flash.asp

And here's an alternate site...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=89827

If there's a way to keep getting Firefox to work around while Flash is running for this, feel free to say.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

Hehe...Linux finds the answers. Firefox tends to do that alot so I'm hoping they decrease the size next release. Unless your just using FF2 which isn't the best thing to do.

tSwitch

Well I'm confused cuz it all works fine on my FF o_O

I'd also suggest against Google Chrome as, since it's still in beta, it's unstable and unreliable imho.
Safari is ok but I never liked the interface, but it loads things well enough.

Opera is good, it just seemed a bit stiff for my taste, I only used it because it was better than FF2 and had speed dial.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr