Drivers

Started by magic2345, January 12, 2008, 11:23:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

magic2345

I'm going to install a new VGA card (that is its name, right?). What I'm confused about is which one do I do first?
1. Replace the VGA card. or
2. Install the driver.

The VGA card I'm going to install is a Matrox VGA card that has 32 mb of video memory (since my current one sucks, it has only 8 mb of video memory!!!).
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." -Kino's Journey

"Hm...What would uncle say?....
Life is like the clouds, it has two sides and a silverlining inbetween...Like a sandwich!! When life is hard, you take a bite out of the silverlining...."
-Zuko
Characters : 3%
Mapping : 1%
Graphics : 3%
Scripts : 20%

Fantasist

If you mean a graphics card, I think you replace your card first, then install drivers.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

magic2345

OK, I'll do just that. Thanks  :D

Life is like the clouds, it has two sides and a silverlining inbetween...Like a sandwich!! When life is hard, you take a bite out of the silverlining...."
-Zuko

Fantasist

I AM correct, right? Someone confirm please >.<
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

January 13, 2008, 09:04:50 am #4 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 09:05:54 am by Blizzard
Uninstall the old graphics driver. Turn off your PC and change cards. Now run your PC again and most probably Windoze will show everything in 16 colors 640x480 pixels. Now install the new drivers and restart. Actually the restart might not even be required. =X Now it should all work fine.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

magic2345

....  >:(
I did what Fantasist said and the computer crashed and won't turn on again......
Lol j/k.   :P

Thanks for confirming Blizz (I can call you that, can't I?).

-Zuko

Blizzard

Of course, everybody does. ^_^

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

sometimes i call him blizzy :)

Vell

Nortos

Quote from: magic2345 on January 13, 2008, 09:09:22 am
....  >:(
I did what Fantasist said and the computer crashed and won't turn on again......
Lol j/k.   :P

Thanks for confirming Blizz (I can call you that, can't I?).

:P if it did how r u writing that

Fantasist

QuoteI did what Fantasist said and the computer crashed and won't turn on again......

DON'T EVER DO THAT! God, my heart skipped a beat and I'm not joking!

...<3

magic2345

Really? Sorry....
Btw, I dunno why, but when I installed the driver, the computer was okay. Then, I turned the computer off and put on the casing. And when I turned it on, I get the same problem as I did before (The I lost all my files problem). I'm not joking this time, but this time, I backed up my files!!! MWAHAHA!!! YEAH!!! BEAT THAT, weird missing problem!!!

-Zuko

Nortos

ohh thank god u backed up this time and I don't know what's happening

Fantasist

Why don't you simply format everything and install windows fresh and new?

PS: The problem is beyond my tiny amount of kowledge.

Blizzard

You know, I learned that reinstalling Windoze is absolutely no solution. Everytime I got a bigger problem and thought the only way to solve it was to re-install Windoze, after the reinstallation, I still had the problem and found out how to actually solve it. I hate reinstalling it since I have to reinstall all the programs, set up all the settings and so on which can altogether take up to a whole day.

magic2345

OKAY, that is it!!!  >:(  >:(
I'm using my laptop! The computer just broke down for the third time!!! My resolution is buy a new one....and I think the problem is somewhere in the harddisk...

-Zuko

Fantasist

Too bad :(
You could get professional help magic.