X Week Project Contest

Started by GAX, September 16, 2008, 06:51:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

September 16, 2008, 06:51:10 pm Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 06:59:43 pm by GuardianAngelX72
X Week Project
Endurance Game Design Contest

Round 1 Status: Idle

Explanation
Simmilar to RMRK's Game in a Week contests, this project will allot X ammount of weeks for each designer to create a game.  Each contest will have specific requirements, such as using a specific database, list of characters, set of scripts, etc.

For a contest to be Active, there must be atleast 3 people participating.  Projects are NOT limitted to solo work, you may join in groups.

Games will be scored based on:
-Storyline Quality
-Utilization of Graphics
-Replay value
-Overall quality in regards to systems (more scripts =/= better game, it's how the scripts are used)

Rules will be given for each contest, so keep posted.

ROUND 1:  2 Weeks to Work
The first round project will allow 2 weeks for members to work on a project.  The game must feature a COMPLETE storyline, a minimum of 25 maps, and have a cast of atleast 2 heros and 3 villians.  The game must use the DEFAULT database for RPG maker, but people may make changes to character names, sprites, and what class they are using.  This first contest will not feature a resource limitation, and custom scripts are encouraged.

Requirements:
-10 Maps Minimum
-2 Heroes Minimum
-3 Villians Minimum
-10 Custom enemies MAXIMUM
-Use default database, no modifications allowed aside from graphical changes.
-Custom scripts encouraged
-Must have a complete storyline
-2 weeks to create game

Participants:
-Empty Slot
-Empty Slot
-Empty Slot

Results:
1st Place: [Incomplete]
2nd Place: [Incomplete]
3rd Place: [Incomplete]

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Falcon

25 Maps during the school year, that seems a bit too much to me. I also think the default database may put off some people who would join, I've considered joining some of Arrow's game of the week contests, but with a sideproject based on one of my game's characters; I'd want to keep their skills and whatnot, and I wouldn't want to worry about the storyline.

Other than that, this sounds fun; hope it turns out well :)

GAX

Each round will have different requirements.  Round 2 will require the use of Tons of Addons and Round 3 will require an all female cast (no males, good or evil, or even NPCs).

I have tons of ideas for each round.

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blulightning

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Falcon. Between my sports and bass guitar and hw and school, it's a lot to do. I can barely work on Destiny's Corpse, let a lone a contest. Maybe some other time.

GAX

Rule revision, it's down to 10 maps and no one is obliged to join, this is strictly for fun.

Blizzard

Does 15% of my game in 30 days count? :V
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

So... we can't make new skills or enemies?

GAX

For the first contest, this is just to test how people do with the limitations.  Don't worry, Round 2 will feature near-full creative control.  You can change the animations for skills, appearances of characters and enemies, etc.  But for simplicity's sake, everything else should remain the same.

lol, Blizzy, that's insane, but I don't think it'd be fair to have Chaos Project in the running for the first round, maybe we'll have a Project Faceoff some time later where we can show off our main projects.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.