Join Team Forae Today!

Started by sondex, September 20, 2008, 03:08:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sondex

September 20, 2008, 03:08:34 am Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:54:44 pm by sondex
Forae: A New Beginning

Summary
The world is in dismay. The king of Romulot has been assassinated and bandits now roam the land freely. One young man by the name of Devlin wanders into a town searching for something to drink. He would not only find that drink, but also be abducted by bandits that are called the scars.

He later meets up with a man named    Dr. Joribo, who has found a mysterious stone that emanates a powerful energy. This energy could by used to create more useful tools and technology, but little do they know that it could also bring the destruction of the world as they know it.

Game Thread: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,1857.msg38612.html#new

Where I'm up to-

Maps
I've done 59 maps so far.
I'm starting my first dungeon now.

Characters
I have the names of all the characters, but I need the graphics of some of them.

Storyline
The plot of the game Is complete except for the side quests and small little parts that I might change.

Scripts
I've gathered a few, but I might need more of them.

Event Systems
I made prototypes for the types of systems I will use. I won't put them here, but if you want, I will.

Music
Battle music done. Various other music are done. Still making them for my game. Hopefully my own soundtrack!

Graphics
Well, I need a spriter because...let's face it, I can't sprite! XD Well, I'm still learning. The sprites for the important characters are made from a generator.
The art for the title screen is not final.
The pictures for the scenes in my game are not even started.
The face sets have been started. I did one. That's it. It has a ugly blue outline that I have to get rid of. So yeah, I need help here.

Who do I need?
1 Graphic Artist- Digital* -Taken
1 Artist-Draw*
1 Spriter*
1 Writer -Taken, but suggestions are welcome!
1 Eventer

What you'll do-
Graphic Artist/Artist - There is a difference here. I need someone who can draw the scenes and face sets. That's the artist part. Then, I need someone who can color the pictures. If you can do both, that's great.

Spriter - I need someone to sprite the main characters and important characters in our game. Some characters from the future games I'm making appear in this game as well. You'll also need to sprite traps and different things that might appear in our game .

Writer- I need you to tell me if something in my storyline sounds too cliche or inconsistent. I need your help with religion systems too.
Also, I need you to critique my characters and suggest on how I might make them better. I would like you to help me make sidequests as well.

Eventer- You would basically help me make event systems for the game. This could be  mini games, to inventive ways of fighting enemies, dungeon planning, and suggest how I could portray a scene with more realism or excitement.

Team Forae

Story Devision
Writing - Sondex, Diokatsu

Side Quests - Sondex, Diokatsu

Graphics Devision
Spriting- Sondex, Chaze007

Art - Sondex (Drawing/Color), Computerwizoo7(Digital Art/Color)

Eventing - Sondex

Mapping - Sondex
Music Devision
Composing - Sondex

Sound Effects - Sondex

Voice Acting - Sondex

Game Statistics Devision

Database Editing - Sondex

Scripting - Various people who will be credited

Contact Sondex

MSN (I'm on there most of the time I'm home) metza12@yahoo.com

You can also PM me here, at eminweb or in the sponsored forum that will be made soon at eminweb. You can also just message here.

*I would like to see examples of your work.

Well, that's it for now!
<br />
A quote: ShowHide
Quote\"I\'d rather be a noob with desire than an expert with no ambition.\" -sondex
<br />I teach music composition, mapping in VX and simple eventing techniques. I have 4 music tutorials now, but after my fifth, I\'ll do a mapping tutorial. If you wanna see some of my lessons, go here: http://www.eminweb.com/forum/index.php?showforum=86

computerwizoo7

September 22, 2008, 07:14:31 pm #1 Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:15:48 pm by Starrodkirby86
I can help with the digital art for your project. it looks like you have putted in a lot of work!
here is an example:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Give that sexy coloring some clothe---I MEAN SPOILER!! 0_0 ~Love, Starrodkirby86

Diokatsu

I guess I can help! Stories of course!

sondex

OK!
@cumputerwizoo7- Absolutely! Your hired! I'll show you some pics, when I finish drawing them! If you have MSN, or any way I could contact you please post it!

@Diokatsu- There is no doubt in my mind that you could definitely help this project be a success! Your hired!
<br />
Quote\"I\'d rather be a noob with desire than an expert with no ambition.\" -sondex
<br />I teach music composition, mapping in VX and simple eventing techniques. I have 4 music tutorials now, but after my fifth, I\'ll do a mapping tutorial. If you wanna see some of my lessons, go here: http://www.eminweb.com/forum/index.php?showforum=86

computerwizoo7

you can contact me here, by the way do you have your own website for the game? or a forum?
if you have one then we could talk there.

sondex

Actually, I do have a website for the game. The forum's just about done, but the rest of the site isn't! XD

Here: http://forae.webs.com/

Sorry for the late reply. I'm doing hw. I guess I'll post up jobs there as well as here!
BTW, did you do that picture (the line art without the colors included) all digitally on your computer?
<br />

computerwizoo7

sondex

September 22, 2008, 09:51:53 pm #7 Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:54:50 pm by sondex
...WOW. You did THAT digitally? Holy crap! :O.o:

You, my friend, have talent. I look forward to working with you and Diokatsu in the future!

PS, I updated the website!
<br />

computerwizoo7

September 22, 2008, 10:27:36 pm #8 Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:38:44 pm by computerwizoo7
lol thats not my best work you know!
anyway i only have one talent which is learning!
is there anything you need me to do now?
take a look at this:
http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fionamn9.png

Diokatsu

You filthy little awesome rabid great squirrel!

Thats a compliment! Wow that so good! You should go pro like a skateboarder xD

sondex

:^_^': not right now, but I appreciate your enthusiasm! Expect work within the next couple of days.
After all, I gotta draw them!

By the way, That picture made my eyes pop! Seriously, you are very great at what you do. I would love to learn some techniques.

I'm not that good. This is what I did:

It's my avatar.
<br />

computerwizoo7

thats a different style of coloring!
you probably won't get yours to look exactly like mine because the last one is my CG!

computerwizoo7

@Diokatsu:
i am working in a lot of groups, a local upcoming company and my own game company which is Big Dreamers Entertainment! (for Rising Legend).
@sondex:
you should get work for me to do fast because i won't have free time forever you know!
not to mention my own project is going on so when they are finished with their current characters then i will be really busy but i can still help you but not as often.

sondex

September 23, 2008, 02:48:25 pm #13 Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 04:12:48 pm by sondex
Okay! I'm uploading full body pictures now, but they are just prototype promotional art! THey need to be colored though!

I might Draw up a scene or actual picture to appear in menu for you to color. I'll tell you when I've uploaded them! ;)

There they are. I'm trying out a different style....because I want to....and I have trouble trying to make the eyes symmetrical!
<br />

computerwizoo7

um... maybe you should get an artist... not that your art is bad, they just look... well unique.
if you want i could maybe draw a character for you or maybe donate one to your project for one of your main characters.
also can you tell me who else is on the team and can i meet them?

Starrodkirby86

Many games contain unique art. Personally, sondex's isn't so bad, and I mean, he can definitely do well here for some Chibi-styled or not-so-realistic sort of drawings. There's areas of improvements definitely, but there's a specific style. I mean, we can't ridicule something simplistic like...Kirby's sort of drawing style (Especially Kirby Dream Land 3) or Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island...

Just sayin'. XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

computerwizoo7

September 23, 2008, 07:27:30 pm #16 Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 08:36:32 am by Blizzard
thats very true! there are a lot of games with unique styles of drawing.
i was just saying maybe his type of game will mostly be realistic so he should choose a good style but his style is good too!
here is the lineart if thats what you wanted me to do with the art you posted:

oh and i don't really do inking for anyone because its so long and boring!
but if you don't have anyone to ink for you then i will continue to do the inking.

EDIT: here is the colored version:

Man, you like double posting huh? There's this thing called the Edit button, computerwiz. XD ~Love, Starrodkirby86

This text has been enlarged by Blizzard. Chaos Project - where your posting text gets enlarged. #_# Please refrain from multi-posting, there is a "Modify" button for reason.

sondex

O.o' Wow! You added some extra things and pattrens! XD

Yeah, I don't have anyone to ink the pictures. I just outline it again in Paint.net.

I was trying out a new art style with lines for eyes.

Um, if you want to draw, be my guest. Just follow the guidelines for Devlin, the person you just colored:

Hair: Red with orange tips at the end.
Eyes: Blue/Green...XD (not the lines though. They stay black, like you did w/ the other one. Unless you are drawing them of course)
Jacket: Blue
Pants: Navy Blue
Shoes: Burgundy.

Right now, only you, Diokatsu and Chaze007 are on the team. The rest is me...XD. I did alot of work. I even tried to sprite devlin! However, that didn't go too well!

http://www.eminweb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=319
<br />

computerwizoo7

that character looks different from what you drew!
anyway i don't like your style so i guest i won't draw for you then.
and why didn't u tell me about the colors from the start!

sondex

I didn't say for you to color them. It is my fault for not being clear. I meant that they needed to be colored, but not by you. Those are prototypes. They are not final. I just put them there to show you.

If I wanted you to do something, I would have put it as a job. Check my website to see what I mean. All the jobs go there after I let you know that I need you to do something. I apologize for wasting your time. Though, you did do a nice job on it. ;)
<br />