[Resolved by Nortos] Title Menu Mod

Started by Calintz, January 13, 2008, 01:05:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

January 13, 2008, 01:05:34 am Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 06:36:53 pm by Calintz16438
RM Version:
- Enterbrain's RMXP...Original, not PK or anything.

Problem:
- None, just requesting a small script

Environment:
- Title Screen

Request
I would like a feature that is used in CP added to the my game. I think this can be done in like maybe 100lines of coding MAX! I am using the MOG Styled Menus for my title, but I DO NOT think it will cause interference. I would appreciate it a lot if someone would make the cursor for the title screen use the left & right arrows keys on the keyboard to scroll through the options on the title instead of the up & down arrows. Of course I only want this feature for to be done on the title screen, and not in the actual game...

P.S. Thnx in advance, because I'm sure someone will do this for me. I think this would be a really easy script to make(I know nothing of scripting, but am trying to learn) and you'll get posted in WW's credits. Thank you very much.

Nortos

wat u r requesting is super easy but, do you want the commands to apear left and right or still horizontal??? I could probably do both editing Mog's script but I would have to edit his title screen commands through PS to make the commands vertical as well, as soon as you reply I'll get to this and do it for u :)

Calintz

I think you're directions are a little confused...Horizontal is left to right, vertical is up and down...I have my mog pics set for horizontal movement, so plz make it left to right for me...

P.S. I already have the commmands edited. I just need the script modified, I will send you my script, so I don't have to re-write the way I've already set up the title screen...

Nortos

k I'll get to it once u do
P.S I do get confused :P x and y is way simpler

Calintz

I have everything I need, I just need you to modify the script.

Nortos

Fantasist

Mog's full of sprites, I don't think there is even a command window unless I'm wrong. Shouldn't be too difficult Nortos :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

I finished it and sent u it Calintz :)
@Fantasist was a breeze I just had to send the Window_Command to Window_Command1 and that to Window_Selectable1 so changed the up and downs to right and lefts and got rid of the old default left and right inputs, was easiest way I could see how to do it with MOG's scripts his r usually hard to edit

Calintz

Fantasist

You mean Mog title screen had a command window?
Either way, good job :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

ty :) and yeah but no text in it as the 3 s1 s2 s3 all had "" with no text and opacity was 0 I didn't know either :P

Calintz

Hey Nortos...
- Do you think you could do me another little mod for this Title Screen?

Nortos

yeah tell me what it's and I'll see might have to wait till tommorow night though going to bed soon but just ask :)

Calintz

Ok...
Well you know that little flashing text "Press any Key"

Do you think you could find out how to change that text's font for me?? I have been trying many diff. things, but I have not been able to do it...

Thnx in advance!

Nortos

it's pretty easy once you know where it's go to line 276 and below this line
    @bot.bitmap.draw_text(0, 20, 160, 64, MOG::T_B)
write
@bot2.bitmap.font.name = "Tahoma"
and go to line 268 and below this line
@bot.bitmap.draw_text(0, 20, 160, 64, MOG::T_B)
write
@bot.bitmap.font.name = "Tahoma"

He has two different texts to get that cool shadow look these two with Tahoma don't look very good so try mixing it around a bit and gl :)

Calintz

January 13, 2008, 06:54:26 am #15 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 05:09:26 pm by Calintz16438
You know what crap head!!?? Lol
- Thank you very much!!

P.S. While I was waiting, I got on the right track. I realized that it was drawing the text, so you had to define the text by writing of course ".name" afterwards...The whole time, I had been trying this: @bot.bitmap.font = I wasn't defining the font style  :P

Edit
I also added Italic to my text by adding @bot.bitmap.font.italic = true underneath @bot.bitmap.font.bold = true for both bot1 and bot2

Edit2
What you told me DID NOT WORK!
I followed your directions exactly, but it did not work correctly. However I got exactly what I wanted by placing the code that you gave me @bot.bitmap.font.name = '' above the "draw text line." which makes more sense seeing as how it would need to know what font style before drawing it!!  ::)

Edit3
Hey Nortos, I noticed something about this script. When drawing the text, the game "actually draws the text." Check it out by changing the opacity of @bot to 255.

Here is where my next request comes in, Lol...Is there a way to add a wait to the draw text command for as long as the time that you've set for the logo to stay on the screen, so that when the title screen does pop up, the player can watch the text be drawn??

Nortos

I don't think so unless you set up a lot more bots each just having 1 letter and apearing after last which would take a fair bit as editing as it doesn't really draw it it just refers to the T_B in module MOG  and the numbers r just for where it's placed on the screen that's how you get the shadow look

Calintz

Ok, nevermind then...Thank you for evrything you've done  ;D

Nortos

Calintz

I agree...
It helped my scripting abilities...