Darkness Rebirth Needs a dev team

Started by legacyblade, September 20, 2008, 09:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

September 20, 2008, 09:03:41 pm Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 10:54:42 pm by legacyblade
Darkness Rebirth

Darkness Rebirth takes place in Celenath, a world where religion is everything. Politics, Economy, even every day life is tied to something many in our world consider trivial. This is because living sacrifices generate magical energy. Those who lead religions, and consequently have sacrifices done in their name, are known as deities. Deities can grant their magic to their followers as they see fit. Deities can also see into the mind of their followers, granting them the ability to see whether that person is completely devoted to their cause.

For more information on the actual game, go to http://www.eminweb.com/forum/index.php?showforum=85

What I've gotten done

I've come up with the main characters (the characters topic in the above forum needs to be updated still), and I've gotten most of the plot worked out (this will not be shown in the project forum, for obvious spoiler reasons).

Spriting wise, I have a great deal of the main charsets done, and almost ALL the graphics done for chapter 1. The only help I need in this area, at the moment, is icon making, since my icons are ugly :P

Just a few samples to show the spriting quality
Spoiler: ShowHide

In terms of maps, I am becoming a decent mapper myself, so I've done many of the maps needed for chapter 1. But the progress would be much faster if I had a second mapper.

With eventing, this is just to lighten my workload a bit. Most of the eventing needed in this game is cutscene eventing, since most minigames will be largely scripted (yes, scripted).

Side quest designers will have the biggest load, as I have not yet come up with any side quests.

I've pieced together a few tileset edits, but I'm so slow at this that a tileset editor would be very appreciated.

What's needed

1 mapper

2 artistsposition filled

1 tileset editor position filled

1 icon spriter position filled

2 assistant writer position filled

1 Side Quest Designerpositions filled

3 People who will nag me to work on the game positions filled

What you'll be doing

Mapper - As the name implies, you'll be mapping. I do a lot of the mapping myself, but it would be nice to have some help with this, as I need a lot of maps x_x

Artist - You will mainly make facesets. Since only the main characters have facesets, an artist's workload is very light.

Tileset Editor - Tileset editors will "frankensprite" a tileset. All you'll have to do is take parts out of different provided tilesets (and maybe even some addons I've made), and put them in a different one. This is a very light job, as I like to use the same tileset as often as possilbe :P

Icon Spriter - You will make icons...nuf said.

Assistant writer - You will be someone who helps with the story writing. I will still be doing most of the writing, but will take your input and suggestions, and talk out plot problems with you. Will be a fun job if you like story writing.

Side Quest Designer - at last, a fun one ^_^ You will come up with sidequests for the player. They can be as quirky as helping an old man find his glasses that were stolen by a cow, or more serious, such as hunting down a demon who has been plaguing a village.

People who will nag me to work on the game - This one should be fun as well. Your job will be to nag me to finish my work. This is a very easy job, and some people will enjoy it a lot.

Current team

Spriting- Legacyblade, Aqua, Deathlock

Artist - Galatea, Lost_Hope

Eventing - Legacyblade

Mapping - Legacyblade

Scripting - Legacyblade

Writing - Legacyblade, Reygekan, Diokatsu, Aqua (with assistance by Leano)

Composing - Abigailian

Side Quest Design - Legacyblade, Pokol, scoace13

Class Skill Design - Legacyblade, Aqua, Diokatsu

Naggers - Starrodkirby86, cstb, Juan

Getting a hold of me

If you wish to be a mapper, icon spriter, artist, or tileset editor, please give an example of your work

Starrodkirby86

Oh no, how desperate Legacyblade is now that he made a recruitment topic...Oh nooooooo, OH THE HUMANITY...

I can help you nag at the game or just nitpick at the whole main game  :roll: if you would like...Or I can just help overall...After all grabbing a hold of me is extremely easy. Just getting me to do everything may not. D:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

cstb

legacy,i can nag!Unless the nagging thing was a joke.I nagged aqua to death about some script edit lol.
Chronos: Failed project due to loss of data.
Maybe I could try again...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Juan

I want to join the nagging as well lol.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

legacyblade

O_O in like 3 mins the whole nagging position is filled out. WHOOO, a team of naggers. Thanks for offering the help guys, it'll really speed me up.

Starrodkirby86

It's because we love you Legacy. Well, that was the easiest position that has been filled out. :P

Now comes the other positions...What other roles can a nagger have? =X I would like to know, being a motivational supporter can get boring. You know...:/

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Chaze007

facesets,sidequests-those would work xD
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

legacyblade

September 20, 2008, 09:31:56 pm #7 Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:35:57 pm by legacyblade
If you want to be an artist, could you post an example of your work?

-edit
@kirby, lol, yeah, probably more because its an easy position than that everyone loves me. Naggers can also offer suggestions, do misc tasks, or other random things.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: legacyblade on September 20, 2008, 09:31:56 pm
@kirby, lol, yeah, probably more because its an easy position than that everyone loves me. Naggers can also offer suggestions, do misc tasks, or other random things.
Good, since I'm particularly great at doing those sort of items...Well, when I have ideas and I'm not in a moody mood of doom.

Nagger, that has so much of a negative connotation. xD But, nagger shall be nagger, no matter how satirical.

Aqua

I might be able to make icons for you... Depends on how "hard" it'll be...

I'll show you examples when we're both on IRC.

Diokatsu

I'll be an assistant writer as well as my other postion

DeathLock

September 21, 2008, 12:10:00 pm #11 Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 12:13:20 pm by DeathLock
Quote from: legacybladeTileset Editor - Tileset editors will "frankensprite" a tileset. All you'll have to do is take parts out of different provided tilesets (and maybe even some addons I've made), and put them in a different one. This is a very light job, as I like to use the same tileset as often as possilbe  :P

A simple task, I'll apply for this position LB. I think you know my level of skill in spriting up until now. ^_^

You could put me down as tileset creator/editor.

computerwizoo7

is there room for a digital Artist?
note: i do not draw, i color/paint

cstb

LB do we PM our ideas or do we post em here?
Chronos: Failed project due to loss of data.
Maybe I could try again...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Blulightning

I'd like to help write the story, if you still need that!

legacyblade

Alright, sorry I couldn't get on yesterday. Aqua has been accepted as an icon maker, I like her work, so the position is filled for now.

@those looking to be story writers, I need to set up a forum for DR, which will be done in the next few days. I may accept more than two writers, but most likely not for awhile. I see a few people interested in the position, and though EVERYONE is a good writer, your idea of what makes a good story might totally go against mine. This is ok, but it'd save a lot of time if we had similar ideas. So, if you're interested in the assistant writer position, send me a PM with a story you've written you think is good, or at least some story ideas you've come up with.

@cstb, until I get a forum set up, PM or e-mail would be best.

@computerwizoo7, you mean you ink sketches? Or do you do digital painting. Show me an example of your work, so I'll understand better what you mean. I may have use of your skills, I just need to know what they are, as digital art implies a lot of things x_x

@DL, yes, I know your skill. You're accepted. Thanks ^_^

@all, thanks for reading this topic and offering to help. I really appreciate it, as making Darkness Rebirth on my own has been difficult up to this point. Your help will make it go a bit faster. Again, thanks for reading and responding.

computerwizoo7

i do everything in digital art but i am offering to paint digitally.
here is an example:
(i inked and painted this)

legacyblade

I like your hair shading especially. So if I gave you a rough sketch, you could do something like that? If so, I could REALLY use you. That way I'd get a good chance to improve my drawing skills, yet still get something useful out if it. If you're willing to ink and paint for me, you're on the team!

computerwizoo7

September 22, 2008, 09:48:20 pm #18 Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:54:21 pm by computerwizoo7
um... i'm sorry but i don't like to ink because it takes forever! (to me) but for coloring i will do that.
by the way do you have any other digital artist on your team?
i can join your team but i have my game to work on but due to my art department drawing the characters for my SUPER COOL game! anyway its a commercial game so i you know, i can have a little free time.
plus i have school.

edit:
oh but you know that normal pencil art can be fixed by smoothing which can make it become shadows.
eg: Do  not Use this or you will be sorry! (trust me!)

legacyblade

I can do the inking then, I just can't paint. And no, you're the only painter I have now. But you won't have that much work to do, so its fine.