Darkness Rebirth Needs a dev team

Started by legacyblade, September 20, 2008, 09:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

computerwizoo7

ok, so do you have anything for me to do right now?

legacyblade

No, not yet. But, if all goes well, I will within the next week. I look forward to working with you, and I'll have something for you to do soon :P

computerwizoo7

ok, i look forward to working on your project.
also would you like to join my project partners program?
where other game developers join up and work on their projects by helping other teams.
you can join it here:
bigdreamers.co.cc

cstb

ZOMG!!!ADVERTIZIN DA FORUM!!!
QuoteRule 6. You may only advertise your site in the "Advertising" forum. Additionally, you may only do so after reaching 30 posts. Otherwise the topic will be deleted. Advertising external sites in your signature is acceptable, but keep it to a minimum.
Chronos: Failed project due to loss of data.
Maybe I could try again...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: cstb on September 29, 2008, 07:32:29 pm
ZOMG!!!ADVERTIZIN DA FORUM!!!
QuoteRule 6. You may only advertise your site in the "Advertising" forum. Additionally, you may only do so after reaching 30 posts. Otherwise the topic will be deleted. Advertising external sites in your signature is acceptable, but keep it to a minimum.

ctsb,

I already notified computerwiz of this deed. I'm sure you didn't know this because I PMed him about it and all.

The problem is already eradicated and we're all good, okay? :)

No need to back-mod, we global moderators can handle everything.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

Actually this here can be considered an exception since it's critical for the topic. It would be better if he posted a topic about his site and linked to that topic instead, though.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

that's not exactly advertising. and I almost have an inked sketch ready for painting, if I can get my blasted scanner to work. When I catch up on my work, I'll check that site out.

computerwizoo7

it would seem you guys are out to get me!  :(
anyway i can't believe you are making my project's artists work faster than you and i normally don't hold back on my opinion of things so if its good then its good but if its bad then its a long story.
anyway ur wonderful global moderator PM me about it earlier so i won't so call advertise here anymore!  :^_^':

Blizzard

No, no, it's alright. Posting a link in a recruitment topic is fine. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

computerwizoo7

so why did everyone jump down my sleeves?
oh well i guess its ok if you say so.

Starrodkirby86

No regular user has really advertised outside actually. This was the first occurrence, so it was natural that no one knew what to do (At least, for the new forum, who knows what happened on the old forum). It's nothing bad, nothing bad at all, but yeah, it wouldn't be breaking the rules if you linked to the topic inside the forum...Such an iffy rule.  :roll:

Anyway legacy, keep going, I'm nagging for you! :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

legacyblade

I think for the ad rule, just as long as it fits with the topic. Aka, "hey, you might want to check this site out, developers trade resources, and that might help you get some art for your game!" would be good. as opposed to in the blizzABS "hey, check out XAS, it's the greatest ABS out there!"

And the nagging is appreciated.

Reygekan

If the spots aren't filled I wouldn't mind being an assistant writers, it's good practice for a project of my own I'm working on.

legacyblade

Great, I really need an assistant right now. But if you want to be an assistant writer, PLEASE give me an example of your work. Even if the example is just story ideas. Ok? I really appreciate the offer.

DeathLock

October 01, 2008, 05:29:09 pm #34 Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:13:58 am by DeathLock
Well, as long as I'm posting. Anything I can do to currently help your game?

legacyblade

Yes, I need a tileset. Lemme send you a request via PM

Reygekan

Quote from: legacyblade on September 30, 2008, 10:41:34 pm
Great, I really need an assistant right now. But if you want to be an assistant writer, PLEASE give me an example of your work. Even if the example is just story ideas. Ok? I really appreciate the offer.

Are you more interested in the story ideas or the actual literary ability? Because literary ability shouldn't be too much of an issue as I won't have any direct contact with the game (although I'm good at it too, don't worry) however throwing out random story ideas might not make sense if they're not all fully developed with some characters behind them. Would you like a character idea instead? Would that work? I'm thinking more of a backstory, evolution thing for the character but it's your call. I can't exactly give you any of my actual stories because it takes me 10 pages to just introduce the characters about 20 to actually get the plot started in my recent projects (all discarded, but I'm telling you so that you get an idea of why I'm not just copypasta'ing something).

Yes, I'm very picky with this. I don't want to send you anything that isn't even remotely good, becase I'm a perfectionist by nature.

legacyblade

Yeah, you don't need to be a good literary writer, a character with a backstory and all that would suffice. I can't wait to read what you send!

Reives

What ze- How dare ya post it here but not at the other place!  :haha: And Abigail is a part of this as well! Treason!

These sprites here are better than the ones I've seen from you before, it's either that you've been improving fast or you've been hiding your secret weapons. Not much to comment on for now, but seems like good stuff.
:~

legacyblade

O_O reives. No, these sprites are out for the public, XD You just wanted frankensprites. And yes, abi is on my composing team :P You want to join as a composer? XD

and thanks for the comment, btw