Orb of Death- A game created for anime fans to make you laugh.

Started by Magus, May 18, 2010, 05:56:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus

Hey everyone, I decided to create a game specifically to make you laugh, while at the same time, maintain an action-packed "romantic-comedy" type game. Cut scenes, boss battles, duels, cut scenes, a few questionnaires(unfair included xD), unexpected scenes that spell hilarious.
Oh and I actually put effort into this game:

Blizz abs 2.7 <-- bingo!
Actor action, weapon, defend, and skill sprites.
Enemy sprites(almost all of them. There are a few, I had to toy with for abit)
and more!

I used both the original rpg maker characters and new ones btw.

Storyline:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Kito is a 17 yr old boy who woke up the next morning to meet his best friend Tia. Only this day turned upside down.

Gameplay:
Blizz-abs, a few of my own style stuff, a pattern to most stages. As the game progresses, the cutscenes get more intense(and the funny remains and increases)  Bosses, mini bosses and duelists all have health bars. Regular enemies do not.
At least check out my final battles D:
This game will probably take a few days to beat. Why do I say that. Pftt, there are ALOT of maps. (Some are boss maps, but meh)

Screenshots:

Download link:

Seriously enjoy this game. It was created for a good laugh(for anime fans. No fapping!). Of course the difficulty rises, so (unless you're good), you may become frustrated
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Ryex

... i get what you were trying to do but this did not even cut the cake let alone serve it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Starrodkirby86

I don't mean any offense or whatever, but personally Orb of Death (whether that name is whimsically given on purpose or not) doesn't sound suited as a game title that's for anime fans. I mean, provided that it's for anime fans I would assume the name would be more like a show. xD It's all right though.

Comedic animes are going to be filled with lots of amusing emotions and dramatic actions. You should get those portrayed not only on the message box, but also in the map. I see your repetition of, "Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.". Perhaps you can add more flare to that.

If you can find emotion bubbles for your game (I swear, there's some out there), that would make it even better!

Might download this later! If something I say here gets contradicted by your project, then sorry about that, hehe. Just a little eager to post!

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Magus

May 18, 2010, 09:52:36 pm #3 Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:18:06 pm by Starrodkirby86
That's a good idea. I'm going to do alittle research.

Quote from: Ryexander on May 18, 2010, 08:52:54 pm
... i get what you were trying to do but this did not even cut the cake let alone serve it.

I kinda get the picture. But I am improving this game. Would you mind thinking this as  a beta?

at least the music used in the game was cool. (only 2 mp3s)

Double posting only after 24 hour intervals blah blah sex ~Love, Starrodkirby86
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Starrodkirby86

So...

Do you recommend us to download the current version you have up?

Or because you're making significant changes, the version we will be downloading will be pretty obsolete and useless, as it's completely different from your upcoming one.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Magus

I wouldn't mind if anyone gave me some pointers... maybe to see what I need to work on. Because I do want to get better at this.