End of the World: Signups

Started by Blulightning, September 26, 2008, 10:38:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blulightning

September 26, 2008, 10:38:44 pm Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 07:47:34 pm by Blulightning
NOTE: kind of sort of based off of Stephen King's The Stand and George R. Stewart's Earth Abides
NOTE: we need one more character before we can actually start

Storyline:
A pandemic has killed off 98% of the human population. The disease was a super germ created by scientists in an attempt to improve biological warfare. It causes a rash on the skin similar to chicken pox, and it causes an increased production in stomach acid. Effectively, your body eats itself from the inside out. You, the survivors, must fight for your life every day. The future is grim. The people are being divided into good and evil, and you must choose your side. Time is running out before a clash between Good and Evil. Those who survived the plague were left with strange genetic side effects, giving them powers that could alter the course of history.

Character Criteria:

Name:
Alliance: TRY and choose a side, don't be "Neutral", you can put undecided, etc, so long as you choose later on. It's imperative to the game.
Power: Not too intense. Only one per person. no multiple powers. They should be biological, no elemental powers, etc. Examples: Strength, Shape-Shifting, Invisibility, etc.
Other:

Characters so Far:

Blake- (Blulightning)
Haria- (Ulta)
Kassandra- (Diokatsu)
Reiko- (ninjakyler)
Tia- UltaFlame

My Character:
Name: Blake
Alliance: Undecided
Power: Shape-shifter
Other: Blake was studying at Princeton University when the disease hit. His friend, Benjamin, a science major, injected him with an experimental serum that cured him. However, Benjamin was killed in the madness following the plague, and his secret cure died along with him. Blake is traveling to New York in an attempt to find a scientist who can decipher the code Benjamin gave him as he lay dying.

Starrodkirby86

Questions:

What are your limits on these special genetic powers?

And can you be more specific on this pandemic?

Other than that, this seems to be incredibly realistic, a refreshing break from the fantasy world. I'll sign up, but I might as well wait and see what happens too (More like, wait until my questions are answered).

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

September 27, 2008, 11:43:22 am #2 Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 07:02:22 pm by Diokatsu
Ulta joined so why not?

Name: Kassandra
Alliance: Neither, helps only those who have power.
Power: Her power lies not in her physical strength or magic but in resourcefylness, her gift from the infection. Her skin is infected, however, giving her superhuman strength or speed, but only on the locale of where she directs the infection. She is a master of manipulation.
Other: Only think for youself, those around you are but your tools. These are her ideals and the only thing she has left. Her friendship is truely cautious and if she senses opportunity to advance in power she feels no remorse. Her fear is of being left alone however, so she will eventually team up wiht others to help her humanistic properties to allow her her sanity. She is a trickster, however, and will test your mettle. Her favorite line is,
"The mind is its own place, and in it self
Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.", from Paradise Lost

Blulightning

September 27, 2008, 05:27:53 pm #3 Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 05:34:33 pm by Blulightning
@ Diokatsu and Ulta- Okay, both of yours are good, however, the powers are a little much. Pick one of them. Diokatsu, Mind reading, OR superhuman strength. Ulta, blending in shadows and controlling them, or materializing objects from them. Also, Ulta, this is set in the year 2008, sword and ninja is a little medieval, unless you really think they are necessary. Otherwise, good work. ( Read the edited info)

@Starrod: I am editing the first post.

Vell

his gift is Shadow Manipulation, and materializing things from them is just a form of controlling them, its just controlling them into the shape of a sword in his hand. the resulting weaponry is no stronger than real stuff, it does however, not suffer from things such as lack of ammunition, tho i suppose he'd have to remain in shadows to materialize more bullets, which would limit him in many situations. i thought it balanced because he's dependant on his nearness to darkness.

also, can I have a second character? if so, I'd change a few things with the history and stuff regarding Haria's weapon, because Haria + Shara are actually two characters I have that have about fifty different versions of them. Haria is, however, usually a ninja of one sort of another.

yes, it is medieval to be a ninja, but he DOES kno how to use firearms, I just stated that his family was 'near lunatics'. and besides, theres bound to be someone who people will have to kill who cant be harmed by most, if any at all, firearms. a sword would be quite useful then.

also, ninjas are just cool, HES MY CHARACTER, let him be all ninjay and shadowy. *waits for the verdict*

Diokatsu

Quote from: First postPower: Not too intense. Only one per person. no multiple powers. They should be biological, no elemental powers, etc. Examples: Strength, Shape-Shifting, Invisibility, etc.

*cough cough*

Vell

so says the one who originally stated his own power as wind >.> way to change thigns, alright then, I'll change my character tomorrow.

Diokatsu

>.>

Nah, I never had wind. It makes sense though, seeing as it's an infection...

Vell

no, Blulightning's character's power was originally wind.

Blulightning

Quote from: UltaFlame on September 27, 2008, 08:59:54 pm
so says the one who originally stated his own power as wind >.> way to change thigns, alright then, I'll change my character tomorrow.

And when I thought about it, I changed it. Now, if you don't want to follow the rules, you don't have to play. As for having multiple characters, I guess you can....... :uhm:

ninjakyler

Well, I'll sign up too I suppose.

Name: Reiko
Gender: Female (It's fun to role-play the other sex once in awhile :P )
Alliance: Good
Power:Her power lies in her left arm. It can assimilate the properties of an object that it touches. ( I.E. If she touches a piece of metal, her arm becomes metal-like.)
Other: She originally lived in Canada but after the pandemic she began to move around North America trying to find her brother who was in the U.S. on business when the pandemic struck. She constantly hopes he's fine and will never give up until she is re-united with him.

Blulightning

Blulightning

All right, since no one else is interested (YET!!!!!  :P) I am going to start it up, you can still signup here, but until then, the game is on!! I'll be posting it in a new topic, with the rules.

Fallen Angel X

Oh yeah. Can I have a second character? I want to make Reiko's brother >.< and if yes I'll just edit this post to contain him in here.

Vell

note: will be making a different sign up once a character occurs to me.

Blulightning

Fallen Angel, you can't control Reiko, as you did in the game already :( that's Ninja's character

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blulightning on October 07, 2008, 06:39:17 pm
Fallen Angel, you can't control Reiko, as you did in the game already :( that's Ninja's character
A For-Your-Information Blu, FAX is Kyler, and Kyler is FAX. FAX never really admitted it, but it's been out around the community as a hush-hush secret. There's a quote I made that does prove this though.

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on October 01, 2008, 08:21:15 pm
Then stay as ninjakyler. In fact, you didn't even need to register as Fallen Angel X once more. What gives; we have another new member in the number surplus?

Well, all in all, see you later. Enjoy the time away from here, and once your mind gets to it, come back if you would like. Have fun.

Quote from: Fallen Angel X on October 01, 2008, 08:44:09 pm
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on October 01, 2008, 08:21:15 pm
In fact, you didn't even need to register as Fallen Angel X once more.

Well, Pokol is partly to blame and my ability to misunderstand >.< But it was a mistake but atleast I can ask the question: What are you guys more comfy with? FAX or Ninjakyler?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

October 07, 2008, 07:27:43 pm #17 Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:41:41 am by UltaFlame
Name: Tia
Alliance: evil
Power: is now a Half-Wolf. Tia lived in the forest, away from humans, she had a lot of events before that drove her to despising all humanity, so she lived in the forest, hunting, and defending herself from forest hunters. when the pandemic struck, she was in the midst of a fight against a single wolf, the rest of the hunter's pack drowned in the water after a clever trick. Tia had a knife, her only keepsake from her past existence among her fellow humans. the pandemic struck as she was bleeding out from the wounds obtained against the wolf. she killed it, but took fatal injuries, and fell unconscious. two days later upon waking, she discovered she was much faster, her limbs, though visibly unchanged, worked as well on all fours, as well as on her two feet alone. she found herself with a light covering of tough wolf fur all over, and a wolf tail, and she was much stronger, but not to the point of superstrength, rather the strength of a half grown wolf.
Other: she had blonde hair, effectively unwashed, but now she has wolf fur, dark grey in color, covering her body, save for her face, but her hair was replaced. she usually wears a shirt and shorts, her fur keeping her warm when she needs it. her fang-like teeth, normal on a human, are now just a bit sharper and longer, not enough, though, to be full-blown fangs. in addition, her fingernails changed a bit to slightly resemble wolf's claws, but not fully so, sharper and a bit differently shaped.

Fallen Angel X

Name: Kaishou
Alliance: Evil
Power: Shapeshifting
Other: Reiko's older brother. Kaishou was a university student travelling to the U.S. to deal with several problems. He was in Illinois when the pandemic happened. He was trying to find 2 people who owed him some favors when they ambushed him. Half-conscious, he found himself being driven somewhere but passed out. When he awoke, everyone in the car was dead. He also had a sharp pain in his head. After awhile of wandering, he became insane from the head pains and wanders around North America looking for something...

He became deformed from the pandemic and does not know of his powers yet.

Blulightning