The New Devlin

Started by sondex, September 28, 2008, 08:19:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sondex

September 28, 2008, 08:19:02 pm Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 08:25:13 pm by Starrodkirby86
I've been experimenting, and I came up with this.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Please tell me what you think and How I could improve him.

By the way, his hair is red and his eyes are blue...well after I color him or someone else does they will be.
<br />
A quote: ShowHide
Quote\"I\'d rather be a noob with desire than an expert with no ambition.\" -sondex
<br />I teach music composition, mapping in VX and simple eventing techniques. I have 4 music tutorials now, but after my fifth, I\'ll do a mapping tutorial. If you wanna see some of my lessons, go here: http://www.eminweb.com/forum/index.php?showforum=86

Starrodkirby86

The style works for a less realistic and more anime-chibi sort. Of course, this is not a direct chibi, but I'm saying it's not as realistic or proportionate as other anime-esque drawings.

I have a minor jiff with the eyes. There's something uneven there, probably that one is leaning too much at an angle. I rotated it horizontally to see if this assumption was true; and to my eyes, it is. The hair is a great however, but if it's supposed to minimally cover the noggin, then that's a really giant cranium. That's only if it's supposed to minimally cover, and that's not even a question one may ask, so overall it's nice.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

sondex

XD!

Your comments always make me laugh! I have to fix the eyes on that one. I made a full body picture that I will upload soon.

And that head of his...Yeah, it's huge! I don't know if I wanna change that, though. I might, but I'm not really sure.

Thanks for the comment! :D
<br />
Quote\"I\'d rather be a noob with desire than an expert with no ambition.\" -sondex
<br />I teach music composition, mapping in VX and simple eventing techniques. I have 4 music tutorials now, but after my fifth, I\'ll do a mapping tutorial. If you wanna see some of my lessons, go here: http://www.eminweb.com/forum/index.php?showforum=86

Aqua

Woah!  That's a big head.

The eyes are normally half-way down the head; right now they're 2/3 down.
I say you should make it smaller, which shouldn't be that hard.

Yeah and what Star said, the eyes do look a little off.

Other than these things, it looks good for this style.

sondex

September 28, 2008, 08:58:26 pm #4 Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:11:07 pm by sondex
Thanks Aqua! I'm gonna update him in the next day or so.

Maybe now, since it's so easy to draw him... :O.o:

Who knows?

This one is older than the new face above.

I edited it!
<br />

Diokatsu

2nd one has a giant head, or at least a disproportionate one...

I like the first...

Your style seems a little more cartoonish than the shounen look most desire in their work. You should try and ink it on Photoshop if you get the chance, digital copies always make things asier.

Starrodkirby86

All right, all right, more criticisms coming from me.

The first image of him for that new post...It apparently looks like his ears have been chopped off, have anything to say about that? I mean, they're gone! Poof! Kablammo! He's deaf! It still retains the more simplistic style. Those aren't some bad eyes though...Great job on this piece.

For the second drawing, I'll start off from the top down. First of all, the head is too small for a body that long/big. The main reason the head looks so strange actually is because of the hair. It suffers a similar problem as the very first image you posted in this thread. The eyes are also quite strange again, as they are...once again, somewhat uneven. The ears are leaning too, I didn't realize that can happen for a human. :V:

Not a bad choice of clothing, it looks really nice on him. I have minor problems with his hands though, but I'm not going to nitpick anything about that, since I suppose I already blabbered so much about the rest of the stuff. Oh, and one last thing...

Draw a better crotch for Devlin. XD I'm SURE not only you'll have a better image, but Devlin will thank you in the end. ;) (Unless you give him tight emo pants or something, then he may kill you)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).