Why you suck and I don't

Started by Reygekan, September 30, 2008, 09:18:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reygekan

The title has nothing to do with an ego at all :P

Timeline time, from 3-4 years ago 'till recently. If you're seeing suck, you might be high. Or too high up the page and are seeing my 12 year old doodles. Or maybe I just suck. Probably the first one.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Where my spriting began: Sonic character edits. Shut up D=

Screencap of my first -real- platformer, as in something that was animated and actually half-decent. By half-decent, I mean it still completely sucked, however it completely sucked less than my olders stuff. NO IT'S NOT A SONIC FANGAME *cry*

First time digitizing a hand-drawn peice of work, which I've lost the scan to.

Artix Entertainment Forums had a flag contests for a flag for one of 3 clans in the game. This was my entry, and it won (you can view a flashified, less colory version of the flag in the game itself now).

Began creating layouts for pages for an online Newsletter. The Newsletter was destroyed, but I still occasionally get requests for use of my page layouts.

I began free-hand spriting. I still suck though.

Scanned, then digitally colored. I know he has short legs, shut up.

First game I made that wasn't glitchy as hell. It eventually fell apart as the staff left, but it got a good 3 hundred or so dl's on the latest version first.

Siggeh =O

That whole scan then digitlaly edit thing? He's doing it again. Make him stop mom.

First attempt at not sucking at drawing. It failed.

Kawntest

What's this? IT DOESN'T SUCK?

Yes. EVERY SINGLE SCALE BY HAND.

My first RPG with RMXP (I previously used 2k before the comp with it crashed), got a lot of dl's and actual players at one point (It's where I learned to totally rip everything Blizzard made actually use RMXP decently), but I abandoned it because it one sucked, and because two my friend and I started designing another game. August was our one year anniversary of PLANNING AND DESIGN.

So. Many. Friggin'. Scales.

No, he still sucks.

Welcome to renderville

He colored it AGAIN. WHY DO YOU LET HIM DO THIS TO US?

I took my "steal from Blizzard" ideal very seriously

LOOK. AT. THE. SCALES.

Old costume for a character for that game I've been working on. For ever.

Title screen for a game that never went through becauase I was too preoccupied with the current one.

Do you let him do this because you hate us?

Do I suck less yet?

LIKE ONE WASN'T BAD ENOUGH.

Starrodkirby86

Sonic Edits: Whoa, those remind me of those fan-sprites created by people of the Spriter's Resource or Sprite Comics. Not a bad work, but of course, everyone has to start somewhere, and the interests of 12 can land around there...

Platformer: Oh mies, there's a lot of empty space there. @_@ Interesting though, interesting.

First Digital Drawing: Not bad for a first...rough around, but it makes a specific style...Nice...nice...

Artix Entertainment and Page Layout: I can see why your banner won and you deserve every bit of win. I bet the rest of thing suck anyway XD. I like the creation behind those boxes...Now if only those boxes weren't there... :roll:

Free-Hand: There's worse free-hand sprites that I have seen, that one isn't "that" bad compared to them.

Drawings: You really like those side-views...We all like the yellow-black combination drawing than the very first one. Glad you noticed the distortion.

The Other Game: That reminds me of the first game except gone with a nicer revamp. Still lots of open space though.

Drawing attempt to not suck and Kawntest: I like the weapon...And the ear...Those are my favorite points of that drawing...Sweet armor and sword for the contest.

Dragons: Oh god, so many scales. X_X You know, scaling is a texture type in art...and the fact you can do those is a really good thing. Of course, there's a fast way to do it, and I don't know if you're doing that method, but it looks nice in the end. That one human-like dragon looks like a human in a dragon costume...Especially for Halloween...X_X

Swordsman: Why is he touching his crotch? Something sensitive there? o.o

RMXP Game: Ragnarok Online. =X

Thanks for showing...a bit of your history...Really interesting in some way. XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Reygekan

I was told there was a fast way to do scales, but instead of going out and photoshopping or looking it up, I decided I was going to draw over nine thousand little "u"'s until there was no normal skin left :P One of these days, I might take the time to do it right. Then again, one of these days I might actually stop planning and start PROGRAMMING my games :P

As you pointed out, I draw a lot of side-views, but this has more to do with the fact that I can't draw eyes symmetrically (seriously, how am I supposed to draw something, and then duplicate it feakin' perfectly while flipping it? Hax I say) so it's more of a laziness thing xD

Thanks for taking the time to look through all this stuff ^_^

Blizzard

"You've come a long way, baby." You seem to really have improved since you started. The last picture you put up is pretty much the best of them all. Keep up the good work and you might become a great artist. :)

Aynway, just out of curiosity, what did you actually "steal" from me? O.o; I can't remember putting any art *cough* *cough* except my wallpapers.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Reygekan

October 01, 2008, 11:21:45 pm #4 Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 11:22:51 pm by Reygekan
I was talking about the scripts I used for that one game. I pretty much took your entire script section, threw it all in the game, customized it all to ridiculous lengths, and then realized I might have been overdoing it. ^_^'

Maybe, maybe not. I don't take art seriously enough to really get into the true amazing stuff, I only do it nowadays for my games, so I don't even consider myself an artist (an artist is someone who uses art to express themselves, I use it to help me express myself via another method :P) but thanks for the compliment ^_^