Sell your soul to the devil

Started by Reygekan, September 30, 2008, 10:10:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reygekan

The world is big, full of noisy, annoying, obnoxious, selfish people who are too self-absorbed to look at the bigger person. Or are they? Maybe they're all caring, generous, faithful, giving people. Who's to decide? Who is to judge? You look around. Maybe they aren't all bad. Or maybe, you look around and your hatred of humanity is confirmed. What kind of person are you? Do you even know? And what happens, when you get the chance to sell your soul to the devil, for one, single, gift? You can get any skill, any talent, no matter how ridiculous, as long as the devil believes it's a reasonable request, at the price of your immortal soul, something you're not even sure truly exists. Or maybe, you are?

This roleplay works on a simple premise. The devil has offered you a gift, a talent of some kind, at the expense of your soul. You have two options, you can take it, or you can deny it. If you deny it, you may find other means to go about doing whatever you want to, as long as they're purely scientific and reasonable.

If you decide to sell your soul, you may take two paths. Destroy humanity with your newfound power, or save it. The idea is that all our characters will either take or refuse a gift from satan- a choice basically between scientific and supernatural powers. Then, once this has been done, we can decide whether to save or destroy the world, based on our personal preference. The side that remains standing at the end wins. Other than that, it's almoster entirely player guided, without the need of a preplanned plot to push the characters along. Potentially this could take five minutes, to five hundred years to finish. Anyone can join at any time, although if other rp'ers need you you must reply within a week, or Satan will drag you to Hell, out of either spite for discarding him or because you just suck that hard. I want tell guide you through this, this should be a rather self-guiding experience anyway. If I destroy the Ifle Tower, you can bet it'll be on the news and generic hero A will here about, and you're sure generic hero A will go after me because I KILLED A LOT OF PEOPLE. Or, if you save someone...

Simply start by meeting Satan. Whatever happens next is up to you.

What is a reasonable power?
Pyrokinesis: A simple power that doesn't omnipotentize your character yet doesn't underpower them. You are not granted any other powers, aside from your fire magical haxzorz you are a normal person.

Scientific: Scientific is different than magical in that you can have several weak tools, or one very strong one. A hand that emits sonic booms, for example, or a grappling hook, lazer pistol, and tracking device. Still, they should all be reasonable (so maybe sonic booms and lazer pistols don't quite work :P)

What is an unreasonable power?
Omnipotency: If I even have to explain you're an idiot

Scientific: Control of matter. No. No. No. No. NO.

Where does this RP take place? It can begin anywhere, although NY sounds like a fun location. (I just want to blow apart buildings and wreck the general population ^_^)

Required info:

Name:
Age: (Unreasonable ages will make your character illegible)
Intelligence: (A description of their raw intellectual ability- how fast they catch onto things and invent, and how booksmart they are)
Power:
Alleigance: (Devil or Science)?
Purpose: (Save or Destroy)?

Vell

Name: Rilzer.
Phsyical description: average height, strong but not noticeably so, dark hair and bright red eyes. shifts between seeming like a moron, to stalking around like a wary wolf, even if he's totally relaxed, he could seem as if to radiate aggression.
Intelligence: quite smart, intuitive to some situations, college degree in psychology, has been unable to find anything, and his psychological evaluations have proved to be not always accurate.
Power: Aiming. despite taking no classes or anything on it, he's a near perfect shot with any firearm, spending plenty of time in the woods, he uses a bow, but in dangerous situations, he uses a single legally issued(but not registered under his name) handgun, or whatever is nearby
Allegiance: science
Purpose: destroy.

Blulightning

Name: Zeb
Physical Description: Dark haired, bright blue eyes, he is of average height. He prefers to wear dark clothing, and owns a long black leather coat, inside which he conceals weapons.
Intelligence: He was the top of his class in highschool, and many of his teachers assumed he would go on to invent and discover great things. However, after graduating, he disappeared. He keeps his mind sharp by inventing and solving his own mathematical puzzles.
Power:Electricity
Alleigance: Devil
Purpose: Unknown

Reygekan

I didn't forget about this.

That was a lie, I totally forgot about this. I'll post the character I'll be using.

Name: Shriek
Physical Description: 5'7", messy dark hair under a hat, wears large headphones as he's a DJ, he has a goatee and wears baggy black pants and a large black sweater with the word "Audiophile" on it
Intelligence: Very high, he's a rather elite student academically and is easily able to catch onto things
Power: The ability to emit any sound of volumes ranging between a whisper and a cannon at extremely variable pitches from his mouth and hands
Alleigance: Devil
Purpose: Save