Blizz-ABS vs. XAS

Started by computerwizoo7, September 30, 2008, 07:21:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoofus

wow XAS seems like it requires more work than needed to get anything done if your using...i mean you'll spend more time on that than actually getting anything really done for your project...so no thanks id rather keep using Blizz-ABS for one it is easy to customize rather than XAS..anfd the Blizz abs config that come with the scripts reduces alot of time by a ton

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

"Shield System" of "Defend function" is available since Blizz-ABS v0.9. :xD:
And "Multiple Treasure system" (0..5 ONLY!) or "Item drops" + "Tons of Add-ons Multi-Drop" (UNLIMITED!) is also available in Blizz-ABS since quite some time. It pretty much was after I release the first version of Blizz-ABS after I added Multi-Drop to Tons. And that version was 1.7 which came out more than a year ago (13.11.2007). Yes, Blizz-ABS has been supporting multiple drops for over a year now.

Quote from: winkio on November 22, 2008, 03:50:40 pm
Basically, all that was added was a bunch of pointless junk, stuff that BABS and ToA already had, 2 new useful things, and a shitload of stuff that you could have done better yourself.  And don't forget that everything is split up by enemy/actor/other and then repeated in multiple different areas.

I don't even mention most of the stuff that Blizz-ABS supports. I think I could update the "features" list and add actually everything that Blizz-ABS supports which will result in 3 more pages of features.
It's not so much pointless junk, it's more stuff that Tons of Add-ons has been having for many months already. It's true, Blizz-ABS doesn't support that stuff natively. But why make it do? It will just complicate things especially since it can use Tons' stuff as plugin. :P Face it, Blizz-ABS already has a bunch of custom plugins which is Tons and my other scripts. Does XAS support CRLS? No. Does it support Custom Stats Growing System? No. Does it support Stat Distribution System? No. Does it support RO Skill/Job System? No.
Massive fail for XAS IMO.

Alright, due to popular demand, I will pause CP Beta for a while and finish Blizz-ABS 2. Does XAS support ally AI? No. Fail. cw7, your favorite XAS is losing.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

woooo you tell'em blizz...another thing i realized about XAS why do you need seperate scripts for all the skills and items?..in the version i used i was like WTF is just over complicates it a bit dont ya think

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

cstb

Quote from: Spoofus on November 23, 2008, 01:47:01 pm
woooo you tell'em blizz...another thing i realized about XAS why do you need seperate scripts for all the skills and items?..in the version i used i was like WTF is just over complicates it a bit dont ya think
yea it does lol.I was just sitting there(how the hell am I gonna make a event AND a script for a weapon?)
Chronos: Failed project due to loss of data.
Maybe I could try again...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

computerwizoo7

what is this!  >:(
blizzard just give up and join my xas abs campaign!
xas is waaaaay flashier and more action packed! than blizz abs.
why would anyone stand for mediocre blizz abs over professionalism Xas abs!

Aqua

cpw7... are you even reading the arguments presented in this debate?

It really doesn't seem like it.

Diokatsu

Aqua, I can only say that the stupidity expressed in Compuerwizoo7's retorts does nothing but better the name of Blizz-ABS and confirm the long standing assumption that all XAS users are morons. The last part of that statement was false, but still, if you want an arguement then go to some other forum. We all worship Blizz here ;)

Fantasist

Quote from: Aquacpw7... are you even reading the arguments presented in this debate?

It really doesn't seem like it.

Agreed... -_-'
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

November 24, 2008, 05:01:40 am #108 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:13:41 am by Blizzard
You use the words "XAS is" and "professional" in the same sentence, cw7?! You made me laugh so hard right now that I would give you a power up. But your ignorance deserves a power down so it evens out. Does XAS have a documentation? See, that's a massive fail. EVERY professional software has documentation. Does XAS have a config app? Does XAS allow you to create configurations without even touching the script? Take a look at RMXP. You can make a high quality game without every touching the scripts. Same with Blizz-ABS.

Just take a look at how versatily Blizz-ABS is. It took me JUST TWO HOURS to actually make ally AI work over the already existing enemy AI system. I have already put together one half of the AI Setup scene which is the aggressive-offensive grid. And I haven't done only that. I also improved the coding in Blizz-ABS, fixed a few issues and added some small extra stuff. I did all of that, updated the documentation AND fixed an issue with Blizz-ABS Config and updated the application. And all of it including the revamp of the object model took me barely 8 hours. 8 hours is NOTHING. I actually expected it to take at least 3 times as long. I never cease to amaze myself how flexible I actually made the system in the first place even though there are parts that should have been coded better. o.o
How long would it take to add ally AI in XAS? How long would a caterpillar take in XAS? You must've missed the post where I said that you can make Blizz-ABS flashier than XAS WITHOUT additional scripting. :P You fail so massively that you don't even realize it. It must have damaged your mind or something, because you obviously don't realize the bullshit you're talking. Oh, can enemies in XAS organize themselves with a leader, evaluate actor's action which affects their action decision and call for help? No.

The only thing that is left is the Trigger AI scene and the Trigger AI handling and Blizz-ABS 2 is done. And the summoning/pet system, but that's rather simple to do. I'll see if I can work on it today to finish it. I might also improve the path finding so it works better with diagonal movement. I think I already have an idea how I can improve it so it work well with 8 way movement, yet doesn't screw up. In case I don't manage to do that, I will release v2.0 without it and add it later.

Yes, you read right. Blizz-ABS v2.0 might be out tomorrow.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

I think you'll net in many more consumers or mass if you just get the demo more flashy, action-packed, and using more of Blizz-ABS's features without trying to make it too XAS-flashy.

Impressive Blizzard, 8 hours...I heard how Blizz-ABS is great scripting compared to other scripts, and I can easily see that.

You know, this whole debate kind of reminds me of the difficulty of using a language...like some uber hard one compared to...I don't know, Ruby. Why use the uber hard one when there's the easy one you can use and master? If the harder one has more features, then there is a reason to use it, but the harder-to-use one doesn't, so naturally the human should use the easier one. This is exactly what XAS and Blizz-ABS is. Just decide which is which. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

computerwizoo7

i can see that i can't win here because I'm in your territory.
so i will just end it here and continue to work behind the scenes to complete Rising Legend even though it won't be done for now, like 1 year or so!
game dev sucks big time.  >:(

---Just Do It---

Diokatsu

Starrod:

Easier doesn't mean better. It all depends on the purpose. Ruby is bad for somethings and isn't as fast as other languages

CPW7: It sucks because you can't take the heat. Go on your merry way and make a game by yourself and good luck! You can have all that glory and we won't have to deal with you! Win-win!

Aqua

...This proves to me that you aren't reading the other people's arguments...
And that you're a bad debator.

We have not been totally biased for Blizz-ABS that XAS doesn't stand a chance; you just don't provide good arguments with PROOF for XAS and don't refute the Blizz-ABS arguments.

All I'm getting from you is that XAS has good graphics, but any system can have good graphics... >.>

computerwizoo7

those recent posts got me fired up again!!!
i don't give up that easily! i was actually waiting for blizz to reply but what the heck!
here i go:

Hero Editon 3.0

-> Final Attack System
-> Counter System
-> Advanced Status System.(+ 20 New States)
   ( Reflect / Re-life / Invicible / DeathCount / FAST
     Slow / Stop / Confuse / Seal / Regen / Poison /
     Sleep / Poison SP / Etc...)
-> Advanced Damage System.
   ( Drain HP-SP / Damage SP / Level Damage/ Gold Damage/
     Rang Effect / Steal / Fixed Damage / Etc... )
-> Shield System.
-> Enemy Attack Effects.
   ( Drain HP-SP / Add States / Blow Power )
-> Advanced Item Effects(Field).
-> Collapse Zoom System.
-> Hit Effect system.
-> Advanced Enemy Action System.
   (EXP->   shoot(X) / rand_shoot(X,X,X,X,X) )
   (+ 40 New Commands to customize your enemys)
   (Action based on HP/LV/Switch/Percentage ,Random Attack,
    Escape, Reaction , auto states, etc...)
-> Multiple Treasure System. (0..5)
-> Auto Animation Command.
-> Damage Limit.
-> Custom speed moviment. (0..10)
-> Improved Collapse Animation.
-> Improved Multhits System.
-> Improved Charge System.   
-> Etc.

haha!

the combo system is one of the new features and can do whatever you want with your weapon from waves to blasts.

this one is better than the one in blizz abs.

and look at the style and elegance!

scoace13

November 24, 2008, 09:34:45 pm #114 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 09:37:01 pm by scoace13
k....so good graphics bad script.....yeah............some how... im not seeing why u even bother CPW7........u would have more luck selling hores dung...than XAS.....but thats just a personal opinion........that said.......i sugest.......nvm i wont sugest anything....................actually i will....just give up........u wont win.....and XAS is nowhere near a good script i mean...........yeah.....im out....nice fetures thuogh....but im positive i saw most if not all of thoes in blizz abs...like the origional one...........aka 1.0 maybe even 0.0.......which is waht i'd gie XAS on a 1 to 100000000 scale for coding.....and orginization......
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

computerwizoo7

you bastards! the coding is alright!
when translated that is!
lets see what you bitches have to say now!

Aqua

Cpw... did you not read this post about the "special-ness" of XAS 3.0?
Quote from: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1922.msg43619#msg43619
I'm sorry, but Blizz-ABS is way more flashy than XAS.  Not-laggy stuff always looks better, and they have the same graphics.  Plus, Blizz-ABS actually has useful capabilities, unlike XAS where you have to do pretty much everything yourself.  these are the "new" things in 3.2, with my comments in parenthesis:

Spoiler: ShowHide
-> Final Attack System (Wow, another attack!  yippee!)
-> Counter System (one of the few decent additions)
-> Advanced Status System.(+ 20 New States) (OMG!  NEW STATES!  i coulda never done those on my own!  Never mind that they are prolly better made in ToA anyways)
-> Advanced Damage System.  (Wow, now lazy people don't even have to make their own skills!)
-> Shield System.  (*snickers* BABS had this at what, like 1.5?  lol)
-> Enemy Attack Effects.  (Wait, you mean enemies can attack too? OMG!)
-> Advanced Item Effects(Field).  (Very descriptive...)
-> Collapse Zoom System.  (Again, very descriptive...)
-> Hit Effect system.  (Seriously people, wtf do these even do?  Create horrible lag?)
-> Advanced Enemy Action System.   (This may be an AI.  Or a laggy piece of junk.  Probably both)
-> Multiple Treasure System. (0..5)  (No way!  It's about time lol.)
-> Auto Animation Command.  (auto rejection comment)
-> Damage Limit.  (Seriously?  This is it's own little addon?  wow)
-> Custom speed moviment. (0..10)  (wait, isn't this like a basic event option?)
-> Improved Collapse Animation.  (Yay, now I don't have to animate my own characters!)
-> Improved Multhits System.  (improved lagginess?)
-> Improved Charge System.   (Now with Duracell Batteries!)

Basically, all that was added was a bunch of pointless junk, stuff that BABS and ToA already had, 2 new useful things, and a shitload of stuff that you could have done better yourself.  And don't forget that everything is split up by enemy/actor/other and then repeated in multiple different areas.

Did you not see that Blizz-ABS 2.X will come out with a combo system?

Also, did you not read and even partially understand why the coding for XAS isn't "good" through the many posts in here that stated that?

And did you not read my post about...
Quote from: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1922.msg43827#msg43827All I'm getting from you is that XAS has good graphics, but any system can have good graphics... >.>

?

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: computerwizoo7 on November 24, 2008, 09:42:18 pm
you bastards! the coding is alright!
when translated that is!
lets see what you bitches have to say now!
Yeah, I'm getting the feelings this can escalate if you get more pissed off. You'll calm down right, man? If you don't, this thread will be locked as mentioned before. Sure Blizzard did something bad and said you failed so badly, but pass that off. Don't keep on flaming. This is just a mere warning.

@Diokatsu: I couldn't think of a good example off the top of my head so I just picked Ruby. It was the morning. The freakin' morning. Anyway, if you were given the choices of doing the same feature the hard way or the easy way, naturally one's going to choose the easy way. But I'm saying you can do the hard way or people would choose the hard way more often if there's a better feature for that than the easy way (Maybe something that makes it superior).

Wiz, many hardcore RPG players or ones that are average would want to play that. The casual consumer or a simpleton wouldn't prefer that because of its complexity. There's simply too much going on. I assume it would lag really badly on slower computers or ones that have lots of resources already used.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Fantasist

Quoteor people would choose the hard way more often if there's a better feature for that than the easy way (Maybe something that makes it superior).

I think Dio meant that effeciency is one of those superior factors but then, you got it from the top of your head. We all got the point anywa so I'll stop ^_^'
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

November 25, 2008, 07:46:44 am #119 Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:57:19 am by Blizzard
cw7, it has nothing to do with "my territory". I even said myself that I want more people here who use XAS to tell me about it and it's advantages. You are simply not giving any valid arguments. You just post a sentence or and expect to be taken serious? You're so naive. Instead of giving even more arguments why Blizz-ABS is better I will give you my posts from before first. READ THEM for a change. When you read them and responded to them in a mature manner like the other people who favorized XAS, I will consider continue talking to you, because you are the only person that is not contributing in any manner to this topic. Instead you are simply flaming.

Quote from: Blizzard on October 01, 2008, 11:58:53 am
Actually Blizz-ABS is customizable as well. In fact, I have a big surprise for you: Every script is customizable. If you use CRLS, you have "devastating special attacks". Blizz-ABS even works with other of my scripts and seems to have no problems working with SDK as well. Can XAS pull that off? How compatible is it anyways?

You can remove the time penalty for skill use, but then you won't have any normal animations. And how lagfree is XAS? How does the HUD work? It was coded so badly that I had a hard time to find the code that is handling the HUD behavior and in the end I gave up instead of wasting more time. In Blizz-ABS you can create your own HUD which uses the exiting HUD system to decrease lag as much as possible. BTW, the "AI Setup" is not for enemies, it's for allies. If you read my posts for a change, you would know that.

Hm, how about you just don't use Blizz-ABS if you like XAS so much? CoSLAL was a pretty ok game that uses a very outdated version of Blizz-ABS. I think everybody here would agree with me if I say that you have no right giving a bad critique based on comparison with other games if there are no other games and you haven't made a better one using Blizz-ABS.

Quote from: Blizzard on October 03, 2008, 06:22:27 am
Good job, SRK. Ok, now back on topic.
And thanks for the support, Galatea. ^_^

cw7, you can't use customizability as argument because:
1. Blizz-ABS is easier to customize because it's coding is way better.
2. You can customize ANY script which makes your point of "customizable AI" obsolete.

Also, Blizz-ABS AI is customizable as well. I only took the time to make an easy interface for users. You have several defined options which you can use without any scripting knowledge. With some scripting knowledge you can customize it yourself while with XAS you need A LOT of scripting knowledge because of the messy coding. Blizz-ABS 2.0 will even have a better coding. I am planning on separating semantically Blizz-ABS specific code and putting it all at one place. Things like that would be the enemy dying process which is currently part of Game_System.

And what about the devastating super attack? Hello? Are you even reading what I said? That's just a normal skill wrapped up as "Special attack". If you REALLY want a special attack on button press, you can add that easily in Blizz-ABS. Do you have any idea how big the code of a secondary weapon is in Blizz-ABS which is equipped instead of a shield? Take a look:

# Secondary Weapon plugin for Blizz-ABS created for Aqua

if $BlizzABS || BlizzABS::VERSION < 1.99
 raise 'ERROR: The secondary weapon plugin requires Blizz-ABS 1.99 or higher.'
end

class Game_Controls

alias update_attack_aqua_later update_attack
 def update_attack
   return true if update_attack_aqua_later
   if $game_system.attack_button && Input.trigger?(Input::Key['G'])
     $game_player.use_attack2
     return true
   end
   return false
 end

end

class Map_Actor

def use_attack2
   self.battler.weapon_id, self.battler.armor1_id =
       self.battler.armor1_id, self.battler.weapon_id
   use_attack if self.battler.weapon_id != 0
   self.battler.weapon_id, self.battler.armor1_id =
       self.battler.armor1_id, self.battler.weapon_id
 end

end

class Game_Actor

attr_accessor :weapon_id
 attr_accessor :armor1_id

end

Now, how about you tell me all you can do with your enemies WITHOUT touching the scripts? Can your enemies in XAS learn? Can they evaluate a party member as dangerous and defend more when they engage into one-on-one combat with him? Can your enemies in XAS concentrate on healing? Can they organize a group of other enemies and lead them into collective attacks? Can your enemies in XAS keep a safe distance from you?
Did you know that allowing enemies to escape is as easy as adding the "Escape" action in the enemy database? What do you have to do for this in XAS? Does XAS use database enemies or do you have to define them MANUALLY IN EACH EVENT just like in Near's ABS with comments?

You are not making valid points here. I can also just say "OMG BLIZZ-ABS PWNS XAS SO HARD BECAUSE IT HAS A CUSTOM INPUT MODULE". While we're at it, how's XAS with custom controls?

What about compatibility? Does XAS support Tons of Add-ons, CRLS, SDS, RO Job-Skill System, any CMS or any of my other scripts? And does it support SDK? Blizz-ABS is practically fully compatible with SDK 2.x! Also Blizz-ABS supports my Full Reflection System which means you DO have Reflect. And what is "sealing enemies" supposed to mean? Care to explain?

Also, what about documentation? Blizz-ABS not only has a manual explaining ALL of Blizz-ABS features but also my continuos support (like Galatea said). Blizz-ABS has been created as a system responding to users' wishes.

I have created an interface for users so they don't have to bother about implementation details. ANYBODY can use Blizz-ABS. I've only met a few people which had problems and those problems were solved by me simply pointing them to the right chapter in the manual. Of course, with a bit of scripting knowledge, you can edit Blizz-ABS. In that case I have provided a fully commented and documentated code. In 2.x I will also provide class diagrams and method descriptions as separate documention for even easier reference and an overview over the entire system so editors will be able to find the spot they need to edit very quickly without searching and browsing the script. Using Blizz-ABS was never easier and editing will become even more easy.

One drawback which I admit is the sprite format. I will change the sprite format in 2.0 to a similar or the same format as it's used in XAS so people can switch easier between the systems. Or in other words: People who used XAS but didn't want to change to Blizz-ABS because of the extra work of sprite conversion will now have a chance to change without bothering about sprite conversions.

Quote from: Blizzard on October 08, 2008, 05:27:37 am
Ok, I've tried XAS Hero v3, messed around with it for around 2 hours and... (-_-') C'mon, you're not being serious about the "flashy" thing, right? You can make 90% of that in Blizz-ABS as well. Most of it are status animations, destruction animations and skill/item animations. -_- Put them in Blizz-ABS, put in a fancy HUD and you have at least 90% of the flashieness of XAS. I can make the damage display in Blizz-ABS very flashy, that's not a real problem. I simply prefer not to because it annoyed the heck out of me when playing XAS. I could hardly see what's going on in the game. By adding an add-on to Tons which forces Status damage text, I can emulate the same effect like in Blizz-ABS, that's easy. And OMG... Super Special Mega Attack... Yeah, just get CRLS for Blizz-ABS. :roll:

I will prove that I am not talking bullshit by making CoSLAL SE not just a tad better like I originally planned, I will completely rework the game. I will not make Blizz-ABS better than XAS, I will make Blizz-ABS eat XAS for breakfast. And I will do all of this because of the people who praised XAS so high even though XAS supports just those few features (and you get nothing else with the package if you know nothing about scripting) which Blizz-ABS doesn't and because XAS disappointed me. :( Except for a few nice flying around animations *cough*, there is not much to it (except, of course the features that Blizz-ABS is partially still missing, but not for long).

I will continue working on Blizz-ABS even after my game is done and even after I retire from RMXP. That way nobody can bullshit Blizz-ABS. I might even expand the capabilities of enemies and make them able to tear you a new ass even faster and better. Blizz-ABS 2.0 will feature only Ally AI as addition with come internal system changes to support plugins easier. Blizz-ABS 2.x will be a new evolution level of ABS-es.

I'll get back with some POSITIVE comments on XAS after I read the tutorials.

And I hate XAS' controls. :D

EDIT: Wow, I'm a fast reader. O.o; Anyway, I found some nice features in XAS like enemy size and shield directions and also the possibility (which I also found out while playing) that certain weapons simply ignore map objects. These are reasonable features which I will most probably implement into Blizz-ABS. Let's see... I don't see anything else that you can do in XAS but can't do in Blizz-ABS then. Anybody? Also, after adding projectile speed, more projectile types and spline-movement homing projectiles ( :naughty: ), XAS will look way worse. :D

Quote from: Blizzard on October 08, 2008, 12:15:06 pm
Sure, I know that Blizz-ABS doesn't support those features yet. YET. ;)

When I add combos, I will make it possible to add movement inbetween (i.e. move forwards by 1 square, jump 2 squares forward and execute skill in midair). :naughty: I had that planned already. :)

It's true, Blizz-ABS skills don't have so much puzzle possibilities right now. But that will change. :D

I will make some extra plugins for the demo like a custom HUD and a different damage display. I will also put loads of effort into the game to show that you CAN have flashy stuff. It will actually work mostly the same like in XAS: animations.

LB, you're very right about the demo thing. People are just damn lazy. If you don't show them, they will never try on their own. I will be sure to improve the demo up to a grade where the possibilities of flashieness are demonstrated very well. Just wait for CoSLAL SE! >:3 Have you seen the new launcher yet? http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,1324.0.html It's like "SHIT, SOMETHING'S COMING!"

Quote from: Blizzard on October 09, 2008, 06:11:33 am
In Blizz-ABS you CAN make a complete custom moving route with custom actions. But it's true, there is no separation between player-detected and player-undetected behavior. I am thinking of implementing something like that. Enemies would follow a route and when they fight the player, the would leave that route. Later they would return to the original position and continue moving around.

Quote from: Blizzard on October 14, 2008, 04:25:04 am
CoSLAL doesn't even use 40% of the current features that Blizz-ABS has, of course it's way worse than the XAS. And I don't think you can bring up "editing the script" as customization argument because you can "edit the script" in Blizz-ABS as well. I've tried XAS v3 demo myself and I agree that it's more fast paced, but as I said earlier, you can make that in Blizz-ABS easily. Just give an enemy moving speed 5 (or even 6!) and give him the "Full Power" AI attribute and you won't even have time to react on time.

There are only a few features which XAS has and Blizz-ABS doesn't. Those are mainly the ones that allow extras like very interactive puzzles.

I agree that most people here are using Blizz-ABS and that I am getting the most support, but I'd really like it if more people would come here that prefer XAS. When I learn the most if not all possibilities that XAS gives the user, I can make them work in Blizz-ABS as well. Blizz-ABS already supports so many things that XAS doesn't, it would be a shame if people miss out those features only because it doesn't support the few they used to like in XAS.

Also, scripting as customization argument is not really a valid argument in general. Why bother using XAS or Blizz-ABS if everybody can script? Exactly that's the point: Not everybody can script. In fact, for most people even simple script edits can be a bothersome job. I have encountered people asking me in Blizz-ABS how to make a switch activated before the game over and prevent the game over. That code is like 2 lines long and only needs to be put at the right place, yet those people couldn't figure it out. My point is that if you can script a little or have a rather higher-than-average IQ so you figure out things quickly enough, you can edit both XAS and Blizz-ABS to suit your needs.

I don't know how many possibilities XAS v3 demo uses of XAS, but if you need to script anything that you have to add, then it's 100% of the original script. Also XAS v3 demo is not JUST XAS. It has several add-ons FOR XAS in there. As In CoSLAL I didn't make use of all features of Blizz-ABS of the version it actually uses and there are no external plugins for Blizz-ABS. It also supports some extra built-on features which I haven't demonstrated there, because I thought it wouldn't be necessary. I was wrong, I guess. :P I consider CoSLAL using 70%-80% of the original script with absolutely no plugins FOR Blizz-ABS.
Summary: XAS demo = 100% (?) XAS + plugins, Blizz-ABS demo = 75% Blizz-ABS + no plugins

Quote from: Blizzard on October 23, 2008, 04:22:32 pm
Don't worry about the triggers. I already mentioned several times that I will add custom event triggers. ;) Also, your assumption is completely wrong. You have the "Event renaming" feature in Blizz-ABS. Do other ABSes support that? No. You can talk to a person and if he gets a response from the player he doesn't like, he can be turned into an enemy with one small script call command. Also what you are saying ONLY refers to CUSTOM AI SETUP FOR AN EVENT SPECIFICALLY. You think cycling through thousands of comments in different events is easier? Another problem with comment based commands is possible lag. Each time the events need to be refreshed the entire array of event commands needs to be checked for comments with commands and that causes lag. I tried making the events' naming as simple as possible. If you have a better suggestion, say so. And as I said so many times already, 2.0 will only have additional Ally AI. The real good stuff comes later. Also, what about the diagonal jump problem? I had no problems with diagonal jumping. Could you be more specific? I remember that there was a problem in a much earlier version with jumping, but I fixed that already.

It's true that you can look at things like "You can always add more". But there IS a limit to it. I will go with Blizz-ABS as far as possible without starting to devolve (is that even a word?) the system. When you realize that you have started adding things like blinking bars in the HUD, you certainly know that this isn't ABS related anymore and you're starting to fail. While others concnetrate on looks, I concentrate on the actual system. Actually somebody who says that Blizz-ABS doesn't support good looks doesn't deserve to use it. I would rather say that people haven't EVEN TRIED making Blizz-ABS look good. Add the animations and spriteset from the XAS demo and you can get AT LEAST 80% of its "flashieness" in Blizz-ABS as well. You can get 10% more by simply configuring the script right. And the last 10% would be script edits. And this is what I will most probably do. I will use some of the files from the XAS demo and show that they look equally good in Blizz-ABS if you CARE TO CONFIGURE IT. [massive sarcasm]And configuring Blizz-ABS is so complicated. You have to click a few buttons. OMG, I'd rather type some script configuration in XAS where there is danger of syntax errors and faulty configurations caused by the simpliest typing mistakes.[/massive sarcasm] Seriously.

I have loads of features that other ABSes don't. i.e. The corpse system. Have other ABSes a corpse system? No. The maximum they have are item drops. But people don't seem to appreciate things like that. All they want is a nice HUD and 3481465235483 animations and flying numbers on the screen at the same time. I'm sorry, but I like PLAYING games more than LOOKING at them. If I want nice looks, I go watch a movie. I have gotten so many complains about the HUD already that I'm really sick of it. Most ABSes don't EVEN come with a HUD or at least not with a minimalized HUD that has only the MOST IMPORTANT information and doesn't cover half of your screen. Heck, even if you walk under it, it fades out so you can see what's going on. =/ I provided a HUD for the smaller developers who like it simple, people who need a full and working system. Anybody with some scripting knowledge can create a different HUD. With Blizz-ABS you can even use the already existing code so the HUD is full optimized. Seriously, if one more person asks me to make a nicer HUD, I'll drop Blizz-ABS for good.

I also don't understand what people understand under "customizablity". Blizz-ABS has more than 60 (yes, 60) different options and you don't need to even touch the scripts or make half an event in order to use anything of it. How many predefined options has XAS? I mean options that do something, switches that turn systems on and off, not just the button configuration. If I counted my buttons as well, I'd have more than 80 options. Saying things like "OMG, IN XAS YOU JUST EDIT THE SCRIPT AND..." Stop. Edit the script? Since when can't you edit the code in Blizz-ABS? Have I prohibited that? No. In fact, I have protected the system under a license that ALLOWS editing and FURTHER DISTRIBUTION OF THE EDITED SYSTEM to ENCOURAGE edits and plugins. Another feature are the automated pickup sounds of items. Other ABSes usually don't have it. You have to event it or whatever. In Blizz-ABS you just define the sound and there you go, fully automated. Pixel Movement, which of the other ABSes has Pixel Movement? And not just Pixel Movement, VARIABLE Pixel Movement. Change it anytime during the game. And what about a built-in, fully optimized minimap? Just like the HUD, you can create your own or create one that is based on the already existing one. I'm starting to think that most people haven't even looked at HALF of the features I provided. Not to mention the additional information in the Manual like keyboard key access. I would rather say people are biased. Sure, the other system have things that Blizz-ABS doesn't. But just saying that Blizz-ABS is bad because it doesn't support those features? That's completely biased. Also, Blizz-ABS has been created with user input. A majority of the features was requested. When did you see something like that in other ABSes? Even now I am still adding requested features. Just this time those features are features that other ABSes provide. From my point of view Blizz-ABS is already way ahead of the other systems. When I add the features they support, Blizz-ABS will almost literally have swallowed them.

What about compatibility? Does XAS support Tons of Add-ons?! SDK?! ccoa's UMS?! CRLS?! Does it work with the default battle system?! Can you use skills in XAS IN THE NORMAL MENU?!

Maybe I should stop. Maybe I should forcefully add the features from other ABSes (which means in a user-unfriendly manner without any documentation) and simply let the system die. Blizz-ABS would STILL be ahead of the other systems. Some things would be hard to use like in other systems, but there are still the Blizz-ABS native features. Sure, the people that are using Blizz-ABS are alright, but I am adding the other features mainly because of the users of other ABSes and yet most of them keep spitting at Blizz-ABS. I mean, hello? I am doing that for YOU guys and you treat me and Blizz-ABS like that? I am adding the features you like in other ABSes so you can use a system that is better and still have your favorite features IN A MUCH MORE USER-FRIENDLY INTERFACE and you keep saying it's crap? Well, thank you very much (refering here very specifically to the person who started this discussion). I would LOVE to add a restriction to the usage of Blizz-ABS for anybody who said it was crap and/or keeps saying that even now (actually only XAS users have done that so far). Let's see how they make fully automated chain combos in XAS WITHOUT TOUCHING THE SCRIPTS while in Blizz-ABS 2.x they will have to click a few times and generate the configuration script.

And this post here is the absolute proof:

Quote from: computerwizoo7 on November 24, 2008, 09:07:15 pm
those recent posts got me fired up again!!!
i don't give up that easily! i was actually waiting for blizz to reply but what the heck!
here i go:

Hero Editon 3.0

-> Final Attack System
-> Counter System
-> Advanced Status System.(+ 20 New States)
-> Advanced Damage System.
-> Shield System.
-> Enemy Attack Effects.
-> Advanced Item Effects(Field).
-> Collapse Zoom System.
-> Hit Effect system.
-> Advanced Enemy Action System.
-> Multiple Treasure System. (0..5)
-> Auto Animation Command.
-> Damage Limit.
-> Custom speed moviment. (0..10)
-> Improved Collapse Animation.
-> Improved Multhits System.
-> Improved Charge System.   
-> Etc.

haha!

the combo system is one of the new features and can do whatever you want with your weapon from waves to blasts.

this one is better than the one in blizz abs.

and look at the style and elegance!

You are not reading the topic, because you would have seen this post here:

I'm sorry, but Blizz-ABS is way more flashy than XAS.  Not-laggy stuff always looks better, and they have the same graphics.  Plus, Blizz-ABS actually has useful capabilities, unlike XAS where you have to do pretty much everything yourself.  these are the "new" things in 3.2, with my comments in parenthesis:

-> Final Attack System (Wow, another attack!  yippee!)
-> Counter System (one of the few decent additions)
-> Advanced Status System.(+ 20 New States) (OMG!  NEW STATES!  i coulda never done those on my own!  Never mind that they are prolly better made in ToA anyways)
-> Advanced Damage System.  (Wow, now lazy people don't even have to make their own skills!)
-> Shield System.  (*snickers* BABS had this at what, like 1.5?  lol)
-> Enemy Attack Effects.  (Wait, you mean enemies can attack too? OMG!)
-> Advanced Item Effects(Field).  (Very descriptive...)
-> Collapse Zoom System.  (Again, very descriptive...)
-> Hit Effect system.  (Seriously people, wtf do these even do?  Create horrible lag?)
-> Advanced Enemy Action System.   (This may be an AI.  Or a laggy piece of junk.  Probably both)
-> Multiple Treasure System. (0..5)  (No way!  It's about time lol.)
-> Auto Animation Command.  (auto rejection comment)
-> Damage Limit.  (Seriously?  This is it's own little addon?  wow)
-> Custom speed moviment. (0..10)  (wait, isn't this like a basic event option?)
-> Improved Collapse Animation.  (Yay, now I don't have to animate my own characters!)
-> Improved Multhits System.  (improved lagginess?)
-> Improved Charge System.   (Now with Duracell Batteries!)

And you didn't read my comment on that:

Quote from: Blizzard on November 23, 2008, 09:15:48 am
"Shield System" of "Defend function" is available since Blizz-ABS v0.9. :xD:
And "Multiple Treasure system" (0..5 ONLY!) or "Item drops" + "Tons of Add-ons Multi-Drop" (UNLIMITED!) is also available in Blizz-ABS since quite some time. It pretty much was after I release the first version of Blizz-ABS after I added Multi-Drop to Tons. And that version was 1.7 which came out more than a year ago (13.11.2007). Yes, Blizz-ABS has been supporting multiple drops for over a year now.

I don't even mention most of the stuff that Blizz-ABS supports. I think I could update the "features" list and add actually everything that Blizz-ABS supports which will result in 3 more pages of features.
It's not so much pointless junk, it's more stuff that Tons of Add-ons has been having for many months already. It's true, Blizz-ABS doesn't support that stuff natively. But why make it do? It will just complicate things especially since it can use Tons' stuff as plugin. :P Face it, Blizz-ABS already has a bunch of custom plugins which is Tons and my other scripts. Does XAS support CRLS? No. Does it support Custom Stats Growing System? No. Does it support Stat Distribution System? No. Does it support RO Skill/Job System? No.
Massive fail for XAS IMO.

Alright, due to popular demand, I will pause CP Beta for a while and finish Blizz-ABS 2. Does XAS support ally AI? No. Fail. cw7, your favorite XAS is losing.

I basically owned your post before you even posted it.

But tell you what. I will put together a full feature list for Blizz-ABS and you do that same for XAS. I will even provide code examples why Blizz-ABS is better.