Simple Sky Panoramas

Started by Reives, October 03, 2008, 03:28:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reives

October 03, 2008, 03:28:32 pm Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 03:56:02 pm by Reives
Some cheesy sky panoramas, everyone is free to use these if desired. [Credit goes to Reives]

These two are a little over-sized to use direct image post:

http://www.quintessence-tbv.com/Panorama-Day2_Reives.jpg

http://www.quintessence-tbv.com/Panorama-Sunset2_Reives.jpg

More:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Enjoy~ :>
:~

Aqua

Ooh... pretty... :)

But... please follow rule 9 and put them in spoilers... They're awfully big...

Reives

Reygekan

I demand to be taught how to make sky panorama that sexy D=  You make me feel inferior.

Starrodkirby86

I'm going to quote a post Blizzard has made.

Quote from: Blizzard on October 03, 2008, 06:31:43 am
Good resources go to Resource Database.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1921.0

Mmhmm, that's what I believe about your resources here.

The clouds aren't very natural however and smudge-like, for some of the panoramas at least. That doesn't make the panorama instantly bad however, it's a great piece of art. I would use it, but not for RMXP.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Reives

Thanks guys. Ah that's true, and they are indeed smudgy. I am getting a bit more practice now days, hopefully I'll improve in that department in the future. c:

And Rey; it's actually quite simple: Put down some colours and "finger paint" with the smudge tool. I use Photoshop, but I'm sure any program with layers and smudge tool would do. Good luck!

Reygekan

Nobody fingerpaitns moons like THAT :P

legacyblade

love the work Reives. I'm using one of your panoramas, the night sky ones are excellent

Fantasist

QuotePut down some colours and "finger paint" with the smudge tool. I use Photoshop, but I'm sure any program with layers and smudge tool would do. Good luck!

That's what I thought :) Nice job on doing them for lazy guys like me (among others) :D *powers up*
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Sally

dont panormas repeat after eachother? so there might be 2suns or moons in some spots... right?

but they look great.

DeathLock

@Susys: Yes they do, but its all about the size and the way you present the map.

Reives, those are some excellent panoramas, but they seem to RPGish. XD

Reives

Thanks guys. c:

Aye, these aren't looping panoramas - if bigger maps are needed, perhaps resizing it may accommodate to a point. And I suppose RPG-ish isn't that bad for RPGs, DeathLock. :p I know I know, they are a little inconsistent with some tilesets none the less.

Zinx10

sorry for the bump, but nice panoramas!

Reno-s--Joker

I agree - I love the style of the clouds especially. Not cheesy at all. :D
I will remember to credit you. <3
*powers up*