Jared's Music (NeoAtaraxy2) Ambient-->whatever

Started by NeoAtaraxy2, October 04, 2008, 10:18:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoAtaraxy2

October 04, 2008, 10:18:21 pm Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:23:22 am by NeoAtaraxy2
I make really weird stuff... I'll understand if you don't like it. Figured I'd upload some here (Blizzard suggested).

MY ACIDplanet Profile This has all my old stuff, not necessarily bad, the melodies are at least good. From Zen's Effect up the stuff is modern (aka roughly Nov 07/Feb 08 onward). Speaking of which, the newer, better, stuff is listed below.

1 Departure

Aptly titled. Everything here is designed for a movie/game/soundtrack of some sort, well, almost everything. Split into four parts. Part 1 containing artwork + four tracks, and the other three simply four tracks each.

1 Departure FULL

1 Departure P1 Melodic ambient.
Front/back cover
Folder thumbnail

01 The Angels of the Afterlife inspired by the music from the film Donnie Darko 12:08
02 Interlusion 2:56
03 Zen's Effect 5:02
04 Lost & Wandering 4:15
51 MB

1 Departure P2 With the exception of Toybox Hell these tracks lack almost any kind of "prominent" melody.
05 Toybox Hell 6:31
06 Cheap Hotel 6:29
07 Murder On the Highway 5:45
08 Cursed 6:14
45.5 MB

1 Departure P3 Strings, piano, organ, organ/strings.
09 At the Heart 3:32
10 Close Dreams (Prologue) 1:53
11 Organ inspired by David Lynch2:08
12 Waltz of the Dead 2:25
15.6 MB

1 Departure P4 Continuing on from P3, more melodies. The last two are really >_>''', Brutal Fucking Murder is essentially my... *thinks of the right word* "session".
13 Hopeless Illusions remix of the song "Hopeless" by Blizzard 3:00
14 As I Feel, As Do You arrangement of the song "As I Feel, You Feel" by Nobuo Uematsu, a song from Final Fantasy V 3:44
15 Brutal Fucking Murder quote from the film Inland Empire1:35
16 The Cathedral of Gylocian inspired by Autechre's "Basscadet"3:10
20.5 MB

I've still got seven minutes to spare, so that's room for possibly one or two more songs. Depends on when the inspiration hits, and what with.

2 Departure

This was made whilst I was working on 1 Departure, they are the same album, to be given to friends (offline friends) as a 2CD album. Of course this stuff could be quite unlistenable, as opposed to the more friendly 1 Departure. Beware. You've been warned. Stop here! Stop here!  :P

2 Departure P1 The mixed-bag style of 2 Departure should be readily apparent upon listening to these four. First up, a repetitive string melody, followed by electronic fuzz, followed by piano "percussion", finishing with plain bizzare glitch sounds...
Front/back cover
Folder thumbnail

01 Room With a View 2:26
02 Arches inspired by Leafcutter John's "Arches Never Sleeps", and originally made sometime mid-late 2007 5:13
03 Rendition 2:46
04 Bugz 5:55
34.4 MB

2 Departure P2 flui6859 jackbox and Year of the City:2274 are brothers (or sisters), a cookie to whoever guesses where the name Year of the City: 2274 comes from! Roadkill is an extremely noisy/industrial/garble "song"... Irregular Junction is based around a rather sad gimmick.
05 flui6859 jackbox 3:48
06 Year of the City: 2274 4:17
07 Roadkill 2:44
08 Irregular Junction 3:20
25.6 MB

2 Departure P3 finally some solid stuff (for 2 Departure and melodywise anyway...) High on :TPG: is an experiment gone horribly wrong...  :O.o: (The firetruck sound was made using Wasp XT by the way) T1 is a track that if I could ever finish would definitely end up on this album, if anyone's ever died on Pitfall II (let alone played the game) the melody/chord progression/something about it should be instantly recognisable
09 Desert Penguins [Lost In the Desert] remix of the song "Desert Penguins" by Kane (friend in real life) 4:56
10 High on :TPG: 2:15
T1 Pitfalls quite obviously incomplete0:45
14.2 MB

Still have around forty minutes worth of filling to do for 2 Departure. Hehe, no hurry. I can wait. Knowing myself I'll probably decide to make this a 3CD album anyway...

Blizzard

As I said before already, "Cursed" and "The Cathedral of Gylocian" kinda remind me of the music in Silent Hill. o.o
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.