End of the World: Game

Started by Blulightning, October 05, 2008, 02:28:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blulightning

Rules for speaking:

Talking: Quotes
Quote from: Blake Says:What's going on here?

Thinking: Quotes
Quote from: Blake Thinks:Strange...

Describing: Normal Text
As he walked, he noticed that it was absolutely silent.

I will add the story in a bit :)

Blulightning

Blake looked around his dorm room. It was quiet, and unusually so. Normally, his roommate Jim would be playing music. But now Jim was dead. The Sickness had taken him last night. With nothing to keep him in Princeton, Blake had decided to move on. There had to be other people alive, and he would find them.

Quote from: Blake thinks:It's time to go now. Jim's dead, there's no reason for me to stay here. It's just... Oh well. I'd better get going.

Diokatsu

QuoteSigh

The night was still, but the luminous moon shadowed overhead, like an owl watching it's prey. The sullen landscape appeared dry and all was still, movement was unheard of here, for long since had it's inhabitants died off. However, silence is but the absence or sound, and soon the unpertubed ground and air was shaken, as if by the tundering of the god. She marched forth into this land with great strides. Speed was of the essence, she made that clear enough. Her seps however, slowed, and she cast her gaze off the the side with enormous strain, as if to see that which had not been percieved by her. Her gaze lifted though and she took off in the same mannerism as she came...

ninjakyler

Reiko began to pack her things when she accidentily drops a picture of her older brother.
Quote from: Reiko Thinks:Life has been lonely without my dear brother. But I can only hope he's still alive.

She picked it up and brought it close to her chest and memories of her brother filled her mind. A tear dropped from her cheek and she realized she was crying. She continued to pack. She knew she had to get to her next destination... For every moment without her brother was unbearable and she wouldn't be able to handle the pain anymore. She got up and looked at her map. It would seem that the U.S. border was still far. She looked at her route, her rest stops, where to pick up more rations and anything of the like. She glanced around the room one last time, the place that has housed her for the time being and it reminded her of her home. Pulling out her compass, she began her long journey.

Quote from: Reiko Says:My heart beats with anticipation and nervousness. My search through this continent could either shatter my heart, or fill me with happiness. I pray it be the latter.

Blulightning

Quote from: Blake Says:Damn it!!!

A bat flew overhead, and its feet scraped the top of Blake's head. He swore gain in frustration. The bat hadn't hurt him, and he would've thought the incident was interesting and strange had not the past week been a living hell. He had been confronted with horrors unimaginable; entire towns full of stinking, rotting bodies cooking in a September heat wave. And now, he was sick and tired of this trek through endless towns and forests.
Quote from: Blake Says:If there's a God out there, you're a cruel and misguided and I hate you!!

Anger coursed through his body. He thought of the bat. How he wished he could be carefree like that, fluttering about at twilight, not having to worry about this stinking pestilence. And slowly, he began to change...

Fallen Angel X

It had taken awhile but it seems Reiko had finally reached the border. Across the niagra falls would be U.S. where her brother was, she hoped. But as she walked through the town she couldn't help but be mortified at the sight of the numerous corpses. After the pandemic, she had seen plenty of corpses and it always made her feel uneasy but not quite like this. Her hometown was very small and so the number of dead wasn't as disturbing but here, at Niagra Falls, a major tourist attraction, it was overwhelming. After walking through the streets, closer to the bridge that seperates Canada and the U.S., she couldn't stomach it anymore. She walked to the side of a building and puked. After resting a few minutes, she began walking once again. Awhile later she arrived at the bridge.

Quote from: Reiko Thinks:This car still has the keys inside of it and looks like it's pretty full of gas.

She removed the corpse in the car and began to start it up. She was surprised as to why she didn't think of it before. Perhaps it was because of the morals she had learned before the pandemic. The engine started. She began to drive into the U.S.

Diokatsu

The whispering wind syrround the woman as she stepped out into the cold. It picked up, howling as a wolf does, full moon shining brightly over her displaying her eloquent grace, as she walked slowly out into the surrounding area. It was not of her to procede so cautiously, but tonight was different. She felt the cold edge of a dagger at her throat, waiting to pierce her flesh and sever her life. Hauntingly, she traversed the landscape, barren city towers strewn on the ground as if some behemoth had knocked them over with a giant push. She jumped over the debris, hoping she was alone.

Blulightning

(I'll make the story teller comments in brackets like this)
(Keep in mind, everyone, that it is a DISEASE, not a nuclear bomb. Most people are dead, and some towns have been looted, but cities aren't destroyed. What we have going now is fine, but let's get some characters together)

After his long trek, Blake had finally arrived in New York. Physically, he was exhausted, but he was in a mental turmoil. He thought back to several nights ago.

Quote from: Blake ThinksWhat happened? I... changed. I was flying. And when I realized where I was, I was lying on the ground, next to my pack. I think I.... I think I turned... I changed into something. But what's going on? What's happening? Maybe there will be others in New York like me.

Fallen Angel X

After driving for several hours, Reiko stopped at New York City. It was a major city and a rest stop on her route. She glanced at how much gas the car had left and realized she was running on empty. Getting out, she couldn't help but glance at the statue of liberty from the distance.
Quote from:  Reiko SaysWow! There was nothing this amazing back at home! Only if.. Only if my brother was here...

A tear rolled down her cheek. She got up. This wasn't the time for this. She decided she would find some food and a nice place to sleep for the night. But after walking around for awhile she couldn't help but feel lonely. New York City was a place full of life and now... Now it was deserted. It was just her and her alone.
Quote from:  Reiko ThinksIf so many people died... The possibility of my brother having survived is so low. It's so overwhelming. I haven't even found one person alive yet! How do I know... That I'm not alone? What if... everyone else is dead but me?

She shook her head in disbelief. She knew that somewhere in the world, atleast one person survived aside from her. She soon found herself in front of a hotel. She found a nice room to lay low in and found a conveniently placed map of New York. She marked the hotel's location and slept for the night.

Vell

Tia bounded through the woods she'd spent most of her life in, wondering how she'd somehow become fused with a wolf.

when her legs lead her out of the trees, she stood near a city. it was still a ways off, but her new found Wolf-enhanced limbs would assist much in the trek.

she howled, suddenly, shocked that she'd been changed that much, and looked over towards the sun, beginning to climb to two feet.

she had expected it maybe to suddenly feel weird, traveling on two feet.

but it was fine, just as usual. she was curious, how does one kill a wolf, suffer wounds that should have killed them, and sometime later wake up half-wolf?

she looked around, and found a crashed car.

she thought that maybe nobody had seen it yet, and walked over to it.

to her luck, there was a person inside - long dead now - who wore a long jacket of sorts. she didn't want to wear a dead-man's clothing, so she looked through the man's car.

she found an identical overcoat-jacket-thing in his trunk, after using her claw-nails to rip it off.

she felt she could get used to this. being a Half-Wolf.

she laughed, and tossed the coat on, hoping it concealed her enough that people wouldn't notice she was now a half-wolf. she wished she could find a hat, but there was none.

good news though: the jacket covered her torso legs and covered her arms fully with the sleeve.

why did people wear such huge articles of clothing?

she moved on silently to the city, finding that her legs carried her strongly and swiftly.

she couldnt help but feel that she could make better time on all-fours, but she couldnt take the risk of someone noticing.

Blulightning

Blake stared at the intersection. Had a car just driven by? He ran to the intersection, and saw a car drive around another corner.

Quote from: Blake SaysPeople! A live human being! I'm too slow to catch it, but maybe...

His form melted down and he was on all fours, a sleek mountain cat with markings around its eyes not unlike the sunglasses Blake had been wearing. He sprinted after the car, and stared as it drove up to a hotel. A young woman stepped out. She looked tired and travel worn. Blake waited until she had gone inside, and then changed back to human form. He stepped into the hotel, and began to look for the young woman....

(There's your cue xD)

Vell

Tia stood outside the city now, it was New York City, she noticed, reading a sign.

she didn't speak any human language anymore - she still knew it, but no longer used it often.

she didn't even think in words.

she walked throughout the city, finding nobody alive. plenty dead. several cars were crashed, but it was evident everyone was dead beforehand. somehow.

she wondered as to how everyone died, and why. she broke into an antique's store. she found an ancient dagger, designed like a fox on the hilt.

it was ancient, and rusted. she tossed it aside. she'd get no use of a rusted dagger.

she also found a mirror, full-body, and for the first time realized just how changed she was.

she shook her head, and looked to the side, looking for some kind of a thing to use.

she found a longsword. engraved in the hilt was a pack of wolves, and the actual blade reminded her of the feralness of a wolf hunting prey.

she didn't think she could find out just how that was managed.

she found a useable sheath, and then moved to a gun-store, figuring that if anyone survived through whatever killed all people, a sword might not be totally useful, and toting a few guns would be pretty useful in deterring potential predators.

still, she first needed to know HOW to use a gun.

so she looked for a manual, and found one, making a mess along the way, and practiced how to use the pistol she grabbed. she didn't think any other firepower would be needed, and she couldn't risk carrying mch more than the sword and gun.

Fallen Angel X

October 22, 2008, 06:06:26 pm #12 Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 09:56:49 pm by Fallen Angel X
Reiko awoke from a nightmare of watching her closest friend die beside her. She was still half-asleep when all of a sudden she heard a creak. At first, she thought it was her imagination but she heard footsteps close to the hotel room. She was happy. She knew she wasn't alone but on second thought... What if it wasn't someone friendly? She shook her head. It could be my brother! But she decided to take caution anyways. She opened the door slowly and headed towards where she heard footsteps. She peeked around a corner and saw a figure. It was a man.

Quote from:  Reiko SaysHello?

She saw him turn around and she looked at him puzzled. She didn't feel any hostility from him and decided to approach him and get a better look at him.

(Kaishou)

Kaishou regained consciousness in the car. It seemed as though he was just dreaming when his head suddenly filled with a sharp stinging pain. He broke the car door down and fell out. He took a brief look at his surroundings and realized he wasn't close to Illinois anymore. It seemed as though his captors drove for about 2 days distance. Then he suddenly realized that both of them were dead. The head pain intensified. He passed out from the pain. He began to dream about his life back home in Canada. He dreamt that his parents were alive and that his cancer was cured and they all lived happily. He dreamt for another 2 hours until reality came crashing back down to him. He remembered.. his sister was by herself and she must be really worried about him by now. He decided he'd head back to Canada and tell his sister and all his friends he was fine. He also decided to keep his cancer a secret from Reiko in fear of breaking her fragile heart. After all, he was the only family she has now. He got up but the head pains returned. He was able to walk still though and he headed down the road hoping to find a car to hitchhike on. But to no avail none came and he was forced to walk to a gas station to fill up on food. It was there he realized, his captors didn't die from a car accident. It was a freak incident, he figured since he saw the dead bodies at the gas station. His head began to hurt more. But he filled up on food and stole a car. He began to drive towards Canada.

Vell

walking through New York more, Tia stopped.

she thought... cooking?

she followed the smell, and found a small fire, cooking a dead body.

she was confused as to how it started, but she didn't want buildings to stop collapsing, so she used a nearby fire extinguisher to put it out.

then she moved on.

she saw a hotel, and her wolf-ears heard what she though was a voice when she walked inside.

she sat down in a chair, and barred the exit doors, and unsheathed her blade, and began to practice, trying to figure out movements, and found herself wishing she had someone to train her.

she would search throughout the city, perhaps find a library or two, and find a book on swordplay. later.

at the moment she wanted to wait, the people in the hotel weren't on the ground floor, and at one point they'd have to come down.

but she wanted to hurry to find that book, it would probably take a long time to find one, and she couldn't waste any time.

so...

she thought for a moment, and finally decided to attract their attention.

she took the gun out, and shot a few bullets into the floor.

few lived anymore, nobody would care for the flooring to get roughed up. she didn't.

the sound of a gun being fire would surely be heard... they'd come, unless they were too scared, and she was fine for that. she could be patient, when she had too.

Fallen Angel X

Quote from:  Reiko SaysWhat's yo-

She was interrupted. On what sounded to be on the ground floor came bullet shots. She began to panic. She assumed that another person down here was alive! But she could only get a sense of hostility from them. After all, they had just fired gunshots, it was clear they were dangerous! Without hesitation, she ran towards the room she was staying in. She grabbed all of her belongings and began heading up the hotel floors. She was thinking about her next move when she remembered the man she had left behind. She wondered if he was following her or not but she shook her head. All she cared about was that there was a dangerous person in the building and she had to get out. She recalled an old movie she once watched. She went to the roof of the hotel and looked around.

Quote from:  Reiko SaysThere!

She saw a balcony on the neighboring building. The gap between them looked jumpable. She took a deep breath and jumped.

Quote from:  Reiko ThinksI'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead!

She opened her eyes. She made the gap and was still alive. She got up and headed down the building and quickly ended up on the ground floor. The coast seemed clear. She took a minute to check her rations when she realized it was gone! The picture of her brother, she must've left it back in the hotel room. She decided to camp out here and wait for them to leave the area so she could go back in and get her photo back.

Blulightning

Quote from: blake saysWait!!

He shouted across the building tops to the girl. He needed to talk to her!! She was the first human he'd seen in weeks. He scrutinized the jump. He swiftly transformed into a hawk, and drifted across. He transformed back. He hoped he hadn't scared the girl...

Quote from: blake saysWait! Don't go! I didn't mean to scare you. And I'm not a freak!! Well... I am... But I'm not going to hurt you. I don't know what those gunshots were, but safety in numbers, right? I'm Blake. WHat's your name?

Vell

Tia had the strange feeling whoever was inside had left via the roof. but they wouldn't be able to get in through the ground floor. she'd made sure of that, she found a storage room, and boarded up the windows, and impossibly locked the doors.

then she headed upstairs.

her gun was ready; feelings didn't denote definites.

she found a room that looked like it had been lived in recently, and found a picture in it, among various things of the kind a girl would carry, she thought. she grabbed the picture; someone carrying a picture of someone would no doubt be looking for the person, and hold the picture dear.

she left a note stating that she was on the ground floor. she wasn't entirely sure her hand was legible; it had been years since she had written anything, and she didn't write regularly before then.

then she went back to the ground floor and waited again.

Fallen Angel X

Reiko had been resting for a few minutes when she heard the sound of footsteps. Quickly thinking, she grabbed a vase and moved closer to the sound of footsteps. She jumped out the corner and just before she struck the mysterious person, realized it was the man from earlier. She put the vase down.

Quote from:  Reiko SaysOh! It's you!

She had so many questions to ask him but she kept it to a short introduction and explanation of the situation to him.

Quote from:  Reiko SaysWell, this is awkward seeing as to how you're the first person alive I've seen in awhile. But anyways, I'm Reiko and well I don't know how to say this but.. I left something back at that hotel and I really, really, need to get it but there's that person with a gun. Could you umm help me sneak past them?

Blulightning

Blake paused before answering. The girl seemed nervous and flustered, which could be expected after what had just happened.
Quote from: Blake SaysI think I could. Maybe. I can... I can change my shape, you know? But not all of the time. It's hard. I think-- I think it's because of the disease. It altered my DNA, or something. What fo you need me to get for you? Oh gosh, my name's Blake, by the way. I haven't seen another human being in weeks. I'm a bit nervous, you know?

Vell

Tia was a patient person, and as she waited she thought to maybe atleast get some practice in with the sword, perhaps maybe even intuitively learn some basic movements.

for safety's sake, she made sure to move slowly, so as not to give herself any undo wounds.