End of the World: Game

Started by Blulightning, October 05, 2008, 02:28:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fallen Angel X

Reiko had thought over her possible options in this scenario. She figured they could sneak in and out quickly but even then, the room may already be compromised. They could also try directly facing the person in the building, after all it was 2 against one. And Blake was a shapeshifter! And in the best case scenario, the person may even be friendly, but it would still be best to approach with caution. She decided she'd take the person head on. She told Blake to try and shapeshift into something conspicuous, maybe a mouse, and get into a position behind them when they got close to them. This way, in case they were hostile, Blake would be able to flank them. She waited for Blake's approval.

Blulightning

Quote from: Blake says:Okay, sounds good. I tell you what, I'll be a fly! That way I can land on them and stop them quickly if you need help. I can change pretty quickly. Still, I think they have a gun. So be careful.

Blake thought for a moment, and then changed his mind.

Quote from: Blake SaysActually, maybe I should check them out first. Go in there as a small animal and see if they're dangerous or not. You know?

Vell

Tia put her sword back in its scabbard, and picked up the picture again. a girl, and someone else. she had no the faintest clue who they were; she'd not been in society for a long time, and even then she was much of a loner.

she put the picture ina hidden place in the room; where it would be safe, no matter what happened there.

it wasn't that Tia cared; she'd rather suddenly develop the ability to detonate explosions equivalent to nukes going off and then destroying all earth than leave that thing there, but she was curious.

and besides, despite the fact that she hoped whoever was nearby was the last humans - so that she could end the pitiful species, including herself - she was patient, and long time away from people means they might have changed.

her mother always noted how every ten years or so people were so amazingly different it was impossible to get the two peoples mixed up.

she thought she heard something coming.

she wondered when the person, or people, would get to the lobby already; she wanted that learning book.

Fallen Angel X

Quote from:  Reiko SaysOkay! Sounds good. I'll try my best not to get shot. But let's get back to that hotel's lobby!

She wondered for a moment how trustworthy this guy was but she dismissed the thought. After all if he wanted to kill her, she'd be dead by now. She bolted out the entrance and looked at the hotel entrance. It was barred up. She broke the barred up door and in the lobby she saw a figure. The dust made it hard for her to see the person clearly but she knew someone was there. As the dust cleared up, she saw Blake, as a fly, get into position. She approached the person, whom she could tell was a woman now. She was cautious, but as she got closer, she couldn't help but be mortified at the fact that she wasn't human. Or atleast she was but not anymore.

Quote from:  Reiko SaysU-um.. h-hi. I kind of left my picture somewhere in this hotel.. I'm just going to go get it... I won't bother you or a-anything.

She was nervous, but she began to move around the woman and closer towards the stairs. She glanced at Blake and wondered what he was thinking right now.

Blulightning

Blake wanted to yell to Reiko, and tell her not to get closer. The woman wasn't a woman. She was... Blake didn't even know. And she had a gun. He decided that he didn't have a choice other than to change. A mountain lion should do it, but he'd never changed into something so big before. He focused  his thoughts...

RAWR

The woman was knocked to the floor by his weight. He pinned her down with his claws.

Vell

Reacting swiftly, Tia grabbed the Lion's neck. she had thought the girl timid, but apparently she could materialize thigns out of nothing, and hadn't waited for a response before sicking this lion on her.

snarling, she manuevered an arm to her sword, her gun having been knocked away already.

she took it from it's scabbard, and whacked the beast on her with it's hilt, her strengthened limbs providing forced enough to knock the beast off her.

she leaped to her feet, and grabbed the girl by her shirt, twirling her around and putting the sword's blade gingerly on her neck, any movement by the girl would slit her own throat.

Quote from: Tiaunreasonable child.

the words felt weird on her tongue; she barely pronounced them, she knew.

Quote from: Tiacall off your beast, and don't think about bringing anything else.

Tia's mind worked swiftly. now that she thought of things, she figured several things could be happening.

but the girl was probably at the heart of it, somehow.

Quote from: TiaI don't know what caused you to lash out, and all I wanted was to get your attention.

this was why she had left society, among other things; she wasn't very good with communication, her ability at it all the worse for unuse.

she didn't say anything else though, and her blade never moved so much as half an inch from the girl's neck.

Fallen Angel X

Quote from:  Reiko SaysI-I-I'm sorry! I just left something valuable here! Please... d-don't kill us.

Reiko was still, stunned by fear. She thought she was going to die, but then, she remembered! Blake! Thinking her situation over, she realized that if it weren't for her Blake wouldn't be in this situation. Then she decided..

Quote from:  Reiko SaysJust let Blake go... do what you want with me.

Her voice was filled with fear and was shakey.

Vell

Blake? Tia looked at the fallen Mountain Lion, just then starting to stand up again.

Quote from: Tiaa shapeshifter?

Tia didn't want to kill the girl; not yet, Tia hadn't decided yet if she deemed the girl as horrid as the rest of her kind.

Blulightning

Blake stood shakily. The blow had hurt. He hissed at the strange person holding Reiko. His nose, much more sensitive now, defined them as a wolf. He decided that he could do no good as a lion now. He returned to Human form and picked up the gun the wolf-lady had dropped.

Quote from: blake saysLet her go. And give her her picture back.

Vell

Tia turned the girl's face, and now that she looked at her, she was the girl in the picture.

Quote from: Tiaso it is you.

Tia looked at the man holding her gun.

Quote from: TiaYou won't shoot. You have to realize if you shoot me this girl's neck will be slit. and you haven't figured out if i'm hostile yet.

she was feeling rather hostile at the moment, but years in a forest taught her nothing if not how to be patient.

Quote from: Tiatoss me back my gun, and we can talk about this. I only fired it into the floor in the first place to get your attention.

Blulightning

Quote from: Blake SaysNo. I'm going to keep the gun. Let's talk.

Vell

this boy was pushing his luck.

Quote from: TiaBoy. Blake. Shapeshiter. hand me my gun. or the girl dies, and I'll make sure this thing gets you before you can kill me. then we'll all be dead.

she shook her head, and made a tsking sound.

Quote from: TiaI'm really not sure why you two are so suspicious. but for the same reason you don't want to give up my gun, I need you give me back my gun. I don't know if i can trust you. and until my gun is out of your hands, the only thing i can be sure thats between me and taking a bullet is this girl's neck and my sword holding her on the brink of life.

when all else fails, best to state the facts.

Fallen Angel X

She couldn't believe it. She wasn't dead yet, but it would seem as though this... girl was using me as a bargaining chip. She didn't know if it was blind stupidity, or a heroic impulse, but she grabbed the sword with her left arm and tried to bend it, push it, whatever she could to it to just get it away. And with much surprise, the sword began to bend. She looked at her arm in amazement, it had a metallic look to it, it seemed to have attained the properties of the sword. She attempted to grab the woman's arm and break it free from her with her newfound arm power.

Vell

Momentarily shocked, Tia moved her sword to its scabbard.

Quote from: Tialittle...

she slapped the girl, her not-quite-claws scratching the girls face.

then she moved on all fours and tackled the boy, biting on her arm holding her gun, then took the gun and stood up on her legs again, backing up some so she'd be able to shoot the both of them if they came at her.

Quote from: TiaGet up!

she was definitely hostile now, but she still hadn't decided.

and she wanted to know what the girl did. Tia's arm was trickling a little blood.

Blulightning

Quote from: Blake SaysHold on now. Just give us our picture and we'll leave you alone.

He stared at Reiko. What had she done to the sword?

Vell

Tia pulled a chair over and sat down, seeming for all else perfectly casual.

Quote from: Tiano. Lets talk. and besides, i don't even know what you're talking about.

an old trick; make the prey feel safe.

she still had her gun n her hand though, and she'd have to find both a sword-practicing book, and stuff o how to fix up a sword. the girl would pay for that; she'd have scars on her face as it is but thats not enough.

it would take a long time, and the sword would probably never be in the same condition ever again unless one of those who iraculously survived whatever it was is a master blacksmith.

Tia sat there, waiting, thinking. the girl Would pay. and somethin would have to be done about the shapeshifter.

Quote from: Tiayou there.

she pointed at Blake

Quote from: Tiayou so much as turn into a kitten and I'll blow you away and then shoot this girl's head off. so far, all I've done is try to get your attention, and you jump me as a lion, ruin my sword, cut my arm, and point my own gun at my face.

Fallen Angel X

Reiko was trembling. Her face was scratched and it was clear it would scar but it didn't matter right now. She didn't understand what had just happened with her arm... it reverted back to normal. She began to feel lightheaded now however. Although she has a strong will at times, she was still a fragile girl. Her vision began to blur... the shock of all the events that had just happened began to take effect.

Quote from:  Reiko ThinksDamnit...

Her body suddenly stopped responding to her and she lost consciousness.

Vell

at that moment, she put the gun in it's holster, and shouted at the boy.

Quote from: Tiaquick! there should be a hospital around here, find one, I'll try to find out what happened. I scratched her, but it shouldn't have been enough... maybe the shock. or that thing with her arm. it doesn't matter. JUST GO YOU FOOL!

she had no idea what could have caused it, and she knew othing about medicine, but the boy was dangerous. Tia had learned that many dangerous things could be averted if you distracted them.

she wouldn't let him have a chance to think.

Quote from: TiaI turned into a wolf, and you can change shape, and neither of us fell unconscious, we don't know what happeend to the girl, so rush, and find a damn hospital, atleast there we can find some tools for doing something about this.

Blulightning

Quote from: Blake SaysAre you kidding me? You go! I'll stay here with her. How could you do this?

Blake couldn't believe that the wolf woman thought he would leave Reiko with her. She HAD threatened to kill them!!

Fallen Angel X

She had awoken... Or atleast she thought she had. She was lying in her bed, in the place that she had called home for most of her life. She got up and looked at the mirror. She was shocked, the scratch on her face was gone... Or was it ever there in the first place? She began to wonder if the previous events had been nothing but a dream. She took one last look at her arm and assured herself it was nothing.

Quote from:  Reiko ThinksWas it all just a dream? Did Blake and that woman really exist?

A sizzling sound came from the kitchen. She hurried down to see who it was. A tear rolled down her cheek, she couldn't believe it, it was her brother!

Quote from:  Kaishou SaysRei?

He saw Reiko's tears and he cheered her up. Although he planned on heading back to work today, he decided he'd spend the day with his sister. Together, Reiko had one of the best days in her life. However, the day was cut short as they were walking home from wonderland. The streetlights suddenly turned off and all the cars disappeared. She clung to her brother's arm and held it tightly. It was already night and dark out she noticed. It was silent for awhile until they heard the sound of footsteps.

Quote from:  Reiko ThinksNo, no, no, no, no! This isn't happening! I'm just imagining things!

A mysterious voice yelled out

Quote from:  Mysterious Voice SaysOn the contrary, my sweet little Rei. This isn't just your imagination...

A figure came from behind a streetlight. Their face and body was completely concealed but she could tell it was a woman.. In her head she re-called the woman from her dream that was part wolf. She began to panic.

Quote from:  Kaishou SaysRei.. Step back, I'll protect you.

He charged at the woman but it seemed futile as she dodged all of his attacks. The woman finally decided to strike back, and she did, quite hard. The blow sent Kaishou flying into a pole, his face bleeding quite a bit. Reiko began to cry as she looked at the woman.

Quote from:  Mysterious WomanMy sweet sweet Reiko. You have so much potential but you don't use it. You could be so much more if only you weren't timid. Tell you what? How bout you let me have control over your body? We all know you don't have the willpower to find your brother. If you hand over your body, we can find him a lot more quickly, what do you say?

Reiko was confused. She thought that before, the deaths, the loss of her brother and all the other events had been nothing but a dream but she began to wonder if this... was the dream. The woman than removed her mask and Reiko was in utter shock. It was a metallic version.. of her!

Quote from:  Metallic ReikoDid you want an explanation? I'm you.. in a sense yet I'm not you. I'm an organism that exists inside of your body. If it wasn't for me, you'd be dead right now. I am the reason YOU were not affected by the pandemic. I cannot live outside a host you see... and I'm immune to this pandemic. So at that time, we were helping each other out but now.. now I don't think I need a weak girl like you anymore.

Reiko didn't want to believe what this.. thing was telling her. And in a rage, she charged it. But before any blow could be made.. she woke up. She had a minor headache and most of her body was sore, particularly her left arm.