End of the World: Game

Started by Blulightning, October 05, 2008, 02:28:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

fierce thoughts rolled through her midn as the girl awoke, but she easily kept her voice and face calm.

Quote from: Tianever mind then Blake, the girl is awake.

Tia made to checking the girl's eyes - not that she could tell if anything was wrong short of if a lot of red was showing - but she had to trick these two kids. she could kill them, surely, but... well, its much nicer to have two people working with you than two dead people on your hands.

Quote from: Tianow. you two have some explaining. any threats I made against either of you were done so in defense. now i want to know whats going on that you immediately resort to violence and attacking without waiting.

she pulled the girl up by her arm, and sat her in a chair. for two reasons.

one:

Quote from: Tiaalright girl, just sit down, we still don't know what caused your little fainting spell there.

two: the girl was close to Tia. not the boy. she was timid; she wouldn't make a run for it without the boy to protect her; he wouldn't run without the girl.

if her guess was right. it was a long time since she knew other people, but most species that mated for life that sheknew would sooner die than abandon the mate.

she sat down next to the girl, being gentle and careful; perhaps it would even prove to calm the boy, but the girl was more likely than not to find a gentle hand calming at the moment.

Quote from: Tiawe'll have to do somethign about that cut on your face.

she made her voice slightly harder, enough command mixed in with the sudden gentleness. at the least the boy would be shocked. the girl might take it that she was unconscious for a while.

Quote from: Tianow, mind telling me a little something about the state of the world, and why you thought to not give me a chance to do anythign before assaulting me?

Fallen Angel X

The thoughts of her dream were distracting her but the commanding voice of the wolf-like woman had brought her back to her senses. She began to think over what she was going to say next, she had a couple questions she wanted to ask the woman as well.

Quote from:  Reiko SaysI'm sorry. We.. I thought that you were hostile. With the gunshots and your.. appearance. But I can see I was mistaken and I'm really, really sorry. But regardless, right now the state of the world? Can't you tell... Nearly everyone is dead albeit there's a few survivors as it would seem. Would you mind me asking? Where are you headed? I just want to know..

She figured it'd be best to see if this woman's interests coincided with her interests. She remembered Blake as well.. Where was he planning on going?

(End of Reiko PoV)

(Kaishou PoV)

He approached a small town. It was ransacked and he was terribly hungry. It seemed as though some survivors passed through here and took all the food. He broke into a house and sat down. He began to think over his situation. His head pains were still affecting him but it wasn't bothering him too badly right now. He knew he was in a desperate situation, his food supply was gone and the next closest town was really far. He would have to eat something... He noticed the body lying near the stairs of the house. It began to look appetizing to him. His survival instincts were beginning to kick in...

Vell

Quote from: TiaI suppose I can understand that. and it is obvious that everyones dead, but this is the first major human populated place - once major populated - that I've come by and I thought maybe other places weren't... dead.

Tia was sure the girl would come with her if things continued, the boy might follow her. Tia had no clue how many people survived, but three people - a half-wolf, a transformer, and whatever happened to the girls arm - would have a better chance of survival. she might even be able to gather the two to her will, and maybe if things get tough, and people must die... if the three would be the only to survive those two would probably be good enough to keep humanity afterward.

Quote from: Tiaalright, right now I think we should scour this city for any non-perishable food. and find anything you know about that might help start a fire; we'll need to be cooking over an open flame a lot. now Blake, I think you should morph into something inconspicuous but strong, in case someone sneaks up on you. the girl will come with me and I promise I'll do what I can to protect her, k boy?

I softened my voice a tad bit again.

Quote from: Tiais that alright with you?

I looked at the girl. I still didn't know her name, but that would be easily fixed while looking.

Quote from: Tiawhile we're looking I'l also need to find a Sword-Fixin Kit and a Sword-Play for Dummies book. if you come along one of those, Blake, pick it up please. another thing, before we split up, I found a gunstore, guns might be very useful, and we'll need all the ammo and all the firepower we can carry. before that though, we could probably use some Backpacks to carry them in. so Blake, we'll stay her, in the girl's room, since she obviously has one here, and you go look for them, ok? be careful. we don't know if there actually Is any hostiles around here.

Fallen Angel X

Reiko looked at Blake for a moment. He seemed pretty out of it.(cmon buddy you made this RP O.o) She didn't want to make decisions for him and it seemed to her that this lady was manipulating her to get to Blake.

Quote from:  Reiko SaysI'm fine with it but.. Is it okay with you Blake? I really don't want to make you do something you don't want to do.

She looked at the wolf lady again. She realized she hadn't even learned her name yet! It had always been wolf lady. There wasn't much to think about so Reiko just upfront asked her, her name.

Quote from:  Reiko SaysBy the way, I'm Reiko. Can you tell us your name please?

Vell

wondering just why the boy seemed to be frozen, almost wondering if he would start to flicker like a hologram going awry, Tia barely heard the girl speak her name and ask for Tia's.

Quote from: Tiamy name's Tia, Reiko.

that was out of the way then.

Blulightning

Blake shook hisi head slowly.
Quote from: BlakeSorry, I was a little out of it their. Just tired.

He looked at Tia suspiciously. He didn't like her sudden change of aditude. He had a feeling that she wanted them for their abilities, and would dispose of them the second she didn't need him anymore.

Quote from: BlakeNo. It's not allright. I want answers. Now. What happened to you. Why did you take her picture. And what makes you think we're going to follow you around and listen to your orders like lost puppies.(Pardon the puppy/wolf thing) Maybe you ought to be listening to me!

He moved quickly between Reiko's chair and Tia. He was ready to change in an instant. He didn't want to start a fight, violence wasn't his thing, but something wasn't right, and he felt responsible for Reiko. He wouldn't let this wolf-woman brainwash her.

Vell

so they boy was smart. good.

Quote from: Tiawhat happened to me? well the short story is that people were very huge assholes, so I went to live in a forest, and I was nearly kileld by a wolf and when i woke up i was like this. I'm confused as to how you even know I took the picture, and i took it because, like nearly every action before you assaulted me, i wanted to get your attention. and nothing makes me think you'll follow my orders, but its quite obvious we'll need to travel with food if we're going to survive. you want to live, don't you? then we need food. we also need means to carry it, and ways to defend ourselves. you can handle yourself; you can transform, but i'm the only one with an actual weapon right now, and Reiko apparently doesn't know how to use her power, so, combined with the enhancements my apparent Half-Wolfness gives me, the gun, and the sword, I'm the one best suited to protect her while we go out lookin for stuff. its what makes sense. get it?

Tia forced herself to calm down a bit; thinking about what happened always set her off.

Quote from: Tiaand if you have any suggestions lets here them.

Blulightning

Blake laughed.

Quote from: Blake SaysYou may have a weapon, but I can be whatever I want. A bear, a lion, a poisonous snake. Nothing can get through me. Besides, I still don't trust you. You hurt Reiko. You can go get stuff, and we'll stay here, or we can all go. Reiko, are you up to it?

Blake looked at her questioningly. There was something wrong here. He could see that Reiko trusted the woman, or almost did. If Reiko was all right, they would all get supplies, but he WOULDN'T leave without Reiko.

Vell

Tia sighed.

Quote from: Tiayou can be anything, yes, but are you fully accustomed to a Lion's body? do you know how a Lion taunts its opponents, or the way a Tiger controls every distinct muscle to leap at its foe? no. but I am atleast semi accustomed to my body, and its easier to do so since its based atleast partially on the human body I was totally used to. for that matter, are you entirely certain you wont, for say, go feral while in an animal's state? but enough of that, I Will go looking, and so will Reiko, but before we know what Reiko can do or that you will have definite control over yourself - you cant have had all that much practice with your morphing - at the moment, I would think I would be the most rightful to protect Reiko, and if your really that paranoid about the girl, I'll let her carry the gun while we're out, ok?

the boy really was being a pain. dealing with People was a pain. it always was.

still, though, Tia felt like she was forgetting something.

Blulightning

Blake growled. He stopped for a moment, perplexed. It looked like animal instincts were spilling over into his human form. He would go along with the plan, but still.... he didn't like this woman. Something was off. He sighed. He'd have to be more open, if they were going to work together, but the way she referred to him, like he was an obnoxious little boy, irked him.

Vell

despite herself, Tia had to suppress a giggle - fortunately enough nothing showed on her face, she had practice not showing an amusement or signs of anything; when your hunting for food in the forest, a single sound or shift of a muscle could warn your next meal that you mean to eat your next meal.

but still, she had only said what she said in haste, a tad impatient - she never could deal with people - but still, it appeared her guess was right.

Fallen Angel X

She considered her position at the moment. It was clear to her that she was a burden to everyone, being the one who needs protection. She hated herself for that and even more for not being able to do anything. She recalled the words of that mysterious person from her dream,
Quote from: Mysterious PersonWe all know you don't have the willpower to find your brother.

She was in a terrible mental state. She was distraught over what she should do. It was clear that she couldn't do anything right now but she'd have to decide whether she'd accept being the weakest link or actually do something. She knew she'd have to deal with that...thing from her dream as well. Her brother was beginning to take less precedence and the least of her worries. Survival was the only thing that mattered at the moment. Her brother would have to wait, besides if he was alive he could take care of himself. Her power or whatever it was also crossed her mind. If it could be harnessed and controlled it could prove to be quite a valuable asset. Unfortunately she didn't even know what it was.  

She was staring blankly when she was brought back to the situation at hand. She knew her opinion didn't count for much but her woman's intuition was telling her something. She thoroughly thought over her words and began to speak,

Quote from: Reiko SaysShe's got a point, we need food and water. For now we should trust her but she won't take lead. What I think is that we should find some rations and we'll discuss this more when we've eaten. As for pairing up, I'm fine to go alone but if I must I'll pair up with Blake. Sorry Tia, I don't completely trust you yet. You just scratched my face awhile ago.

Her stomach grumbled. She realized she was very hungry. For now rations seemed like a very good idea to her. She might be able to trust in Tia in time but for now they'd have to keep an eye on each other.

Vell

this was difficult. for the same reason she wouldn't let them go alone; they might just leave the city while leaving her behind.

of course, she'd get payment for being left, but she wouldn't give them that chance.

she muttered to herself something about people being a pain to deal with.

Quote from: Tiawell, then. apparently we're not splitting up. just like you both don't trust yourselves to be alone with me; safety in numbers or something, I guess, I don't trust you two not to go running off without me. we'll scour the city together, and we'll spend a few days searching, I suppose, won't be able to cover as much ground as fast.

she sighed, and stood up from her seat, taking her gun from it's holster.

Quote from: Tiaalright, let's move now, get as much looking done as we can before nightfall. and before you get worried I only have the gun out in case something happens fast. such as if someone ELSE with a gun suddenly shows up and prepares to blast our heads off I migt be able to kill That person first. not that i even have any clue how good a shot I am.

that last was mumbled, but before she was done talking, she had the door open, and was walking with a mix of wariness and an air of strength and something that jsut said if you surprise me your he one who's going to be dead.

when she spoke she was serious. not commanding or anything, just serious.

Quote from: Tialets go. we can talk while looking.

and stood there, with the door open and herself in the doorway.

Blulightning

Blake shook his head wearily, and sighed. He walked out of the door. A strange feeling had come over him. He wanted to help Reiko, protect her. He had known her for only an hour or so, but already he felt like she was his little sister. If she wanted to go and 'scour the city' with Tia, he'd come too.

Blake followed Tia out of the door, keeping an eye on her. The second she made the wrong move, he'd transform into... something. A bear? He'd have to think about it.

Fallen Angel X

Kaishou stood out in the street. His head began to pound even harder. He fell to his knees, he came to regret what he had done. He couldn't believe he ate the flesh of another human being albeit they were dead already. He gave up hope.

Quote from: Kaishou SaysEven my sister is probably dead!

He began to cry. He hadn't ever cried, not even when his parents died. He was strong back then but now he was beginning to fall apart. Any shreds of hope he had were being shattered over time. He stood up, he gathered his resolve. He decided he would bury his sister's corpse, it was clear to him that god had made him the last survivor for whatever reason. He felt his mind would find peace in burying her and honoring her. He began plotting his trek back to Canada. He found a nearby map and marked his location and all his rest stops. New York being one of them ( :evil: ) He wasn't sure what he'd do after but he decided to do one thing at a time.

(Reiko PoV)

Reiko approached the exit. She wondered, why were they the only ones to survive? How many others share the same fate as them? She saw Blake, his expression showed his distrust towards Tia. She also noted the brother like attitude of Blake, her brother was very similar to Blake. She looked at Tia, at first she felt anger towards her but now, now she feels kind of sad for her. To have been isolated from society, to be easily misunderstood. In her heart, she felt pity for Tia but she wouldn't tell her that. Perhaps in time she'll learn to open up to them but not now. Now was a time of hardship and struggle. She smiled, atleast the people who survived were nice.

Quote from: Reiko SaysSo, where to first?

Vell

Quote from: TiaI say the smartest decision first is to find something that we can use to carry everything we'll get. somebody know a place in this damn city where we can find some backpacks?

Cities. different since she was last there.

Fallen Angel X

Quote from: Reiko saysWell if we're going by logic, we can probably stop by a supermarket, mall, grocery store and such. They tend to have plastic bags we could use to temporarily hold them in. We could probably steal a car and put the rations in there and drive back to the hotel where we can stash the supplies. But if we're headed somewhere far afterwards, we're going to need more than plastic bags.

New York was a big place though and it was very different compared to her small town in Canada. She never thought to ask but the it crossed her mind. Were these people living in New York or was it a chance meeting?

Vell

Quote from: Tiano. Backpacks. big ones. plastic bags can break, and we'll inevitably lose stuff since stuff can fall through the top of them. backpacks. strong, big backpacks. any bright ideas Blake?

Blulightning

Blake noted what sounded like sarcasm in her voice.

Quote from: BlakePersonally, I think we can't keep EVERYTHING in backpacks. Those are fine for walking around and all, but we can't each carry 2 or three. I think we should steal a car. I know how to hotwire one, but if we're lucky we'll find one with a key in it still. If we have a car, we can store food in plastic bags in there. Unfortunately, driving through the city will be hell. Cars are still jammed in the streets. For now, I say we bring food in plastic bags to the hotel, and whatever else we need, then haul it out of the city, and find a car then. Bright enough for you?

Fallen Angel X

That plan seemed awfully similar to hers albeit worded differently. She didn't mind though as long as they decided to do something. She was getting pretty hungry, she realized she still had a couple bag of chips in her bag.

Quote from: Reiko saysI.. I'm just going to go get my bag from the other building. I've got a map of the city plus a couple bags of chips.

She headed back to the other building. Her bag was still where she left it, if it was stolen that'd be quite a shock to her. She picked up her bag and ran back to the others. She set down her bag and scavenged through it. She pulled out her map and began to munch on the chips. They weren't very filling but they were better than nothing.

Quote from: Reiko saysThe map should be able to help us plot out which streets we should scavenge and help us find our way back. I already circled this hotel's location.