New song- Wandering through the wilderness. Critique and feedback. Not for use.

Started by sondex, October 06, 2008, 06:18:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sondex

Ok, I just made a song in FL Studio 8 the demo version. I found a way to get around the saving limit so I am asking for your suggestions.

This song was done with one instrument and it is meant for a sort of exploration feel.

Here: Wandering Through the Wilderness - http://www.box.net/shared/er6xug74ir

What should I add to it? Should I lose one of the piano thingies? Should I leave it alone? Add another instrument?

Now, I'm not into the technical terms, so if you use any, please explain what they are and what they mean. Thank you.

Music is not for use in any game.
<br />
A quote: ShowHide
Quote\"I\'d rather be a noob with desire than an expert with no ambition.\" -sondex
<br />I teach music composition, mapping in VX and simple eventing techniques. I have 4 music tutorials now, but after my fifth, I\'ll do a mapping tutorial. If you wanna see some of my lessons, go here: http://www.eminweb.com/forum/index.php?showforum=86

Starrodkirby86

This song works well depending on what you're using the song for. For example, this song won't work as well in the direct meadows or outside, since many of the instruments are not natural. I hate to use this as an example, but Viva La Vida by Coldplay in my opinion has natural environmental sounding pieces. Not suggesting you should build off that song, no, not at all.

Some areas of the song mesh together a lot, and it may sound a little strange. Get the bass cleft less involvement or something, and make sure the sixteenth beats are some nicer instrument. I don't know for sure, actually, I have little music experience and all...Only credentials are criticisms on Newgrounds. XD

The beat is really nice, there just needs to be more instruments and it has to sound nicer overall. I know you probably can't make anything good out of a demo version of FL Studio, but hey, oh well. XD

I wish I can StepMania-tize this...Oh so I wish.  :roll:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

Quality piece, sondex. Makes me think of older SNES games I played back in the days...It needs a cover I suppose but as a background beats It's quality. You should open with this, but in maybe some drums and I'd honestly like to hear a piccolo or flute. Kinda reminds me of a celtic feel, not of the music, more of the sort of enviorment.