POKEMON

Started by Spoofus, October 11, 2008, 09:23:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoofus

October 11, 2008, 09:23:44 pm Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:30:20 pm by Cool Trainer Spoofus
yes i know i know pokemon but i made this topic just in case people here play this cause i was thinking of doing a tournament using the friend code  wifi stuff i made this on another forum as well i was just seeing who all here plays
pokemon diamond and pearl still or have it and would like to do a tournament

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Starrodkirby86

I'm very knowledgeable in the Pokemon series, or at least I used to. I'm a competitive player, but I'm always too lazy to formulate a good team. Around the 2007 year, I was the best answerer on Yahoo! Answers for Pokemon related questions, so I'm definitely competent.

If we are making a tournament, mind if I pull some rules?

• No ubers (Legendary Pokemon and Wobbuffet)

• No two same Pokemon

• No two of the same items.

• All Pokemon should be Level 50 or 100.

That's all I have so far.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Spoofus

wow those rules are close to what i had posted on the site i did the topic at check it out at:
http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12238

Starrodkirby86

The rules I mentioned above are standard Metagaming, or competitive battling rules. I should elaborate on the Ubers category though...

In the Metagaming community, Pokemon are arranged in tiers by how used and proficient they are. I can't remember the categories so much, but I believe it to be, from descending order: Ubers, Overused, Borderline, Underused, and Neverused.

The only list you really need to know are the Ubers, since every other Pokemon are on other Tiers anyway.

A Tentative List of Ubers: ShowHide
Quote from: Smogon, the leading Metagaming Pokemon CommunityArceus
Darkrai
Deoxys (all forms)
Dialga
Giratina
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latias
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Wobbuffet

Any Pokemon not on the list should be okay to use. If there's objections, ask me and I can give a reason why. XD

Yeah, Spoofus, your rules are pretty interesting, though instead of writing out all of the 1-Hit KO moves, just write "OHKO moves are not permitted" or something...:P

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Spoofus

lol yeah im pretty bad bout writing stuff out like that lol..and that lise of ubers does help..
im gonna post them up on the other place

GAX

Sill STarrod, Tiers are for Queers, and sadly, Ubers too, they have overboosted stats

my Shuckle on the otherhand...=3

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Starrodkirby86

I don't care about all the tiers below Uber. The ubers pretty much count.  :roll: It's just that some Pokemon are better than others naturally... :P Super Smash Bros. Tiers are even worse and less acceptable than Pokemon Tiers anyway, so at least it's Pokemon.

And yes, we all know your Shuckle is great.

Diokatsu

Quote from: GuardianAngelX72 on October 16, 2008, 12:34:02 am
Sill STarrod, Tiers are for Queers, and sadly, Ubers too, they have overboosted stats

my Shuckle on the otherhand...=3

More rank on people who try to involve themselves thoroughly ina certain subject/topic? Try and not use a word synonymous with homosexual when insulting please.

Spoofus

lol..hey umm does anyone here who still plays pokemon diamond or pearl got a cyndaquil or any of its evolutions up for trade..i lost my file due to a file corruption :( and i was wanting a typhlosion for my team

Starrodkirby86

I can create a Cyndiquil, but not anytime soon. If you have Pokemon Emerald you can obtain one to my knowledge...Or else that's FireRed/LeafGreen...

Crap, my knowledge in Pokemon is deteriorating...Really, really sucks...

Vell

yeah, Emerald, or if you can do one of the GBA games.

Reygekan

Cubone is the best Pokemon in the game. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and must be shot. Twice.

I've got a fairly good time, fully EV'd and such, and they're the sex. I'd be willing to take part in the almighty tourney of doom.

Just watch out- my Marowak (who's the second best Pokemon in the game due to being directly related to Cubone) knows how to Falcon Punch.

Diokatsu

Tyranitar = Sex

I usually avoid the newer games.

Spoofus

hehe well im still working my way up since my file corruption..but im hopeing that the tourney shall be on soon

Valcos

Quote from: Spoofus on October 11, 2008, 09:23:44 pm
yes i know i know pokemon
Ummm.... not to be rude but are you stupid :^_^':? Who doesnt play Pokemon!!!  :o

And why not Wobbeffet? :O.o:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Valcos on October 21, 2008, 09:10:59 pm
Quote from: Spoofus on October 11, 2008, 09:23:44 pm
yes i know i know pokemon
Ummm.... not to be rude but are you stupid :^_^':? Who doesnt play Pokemon!!!  :o

And why not Wobbeffet? :O.o:

Wobbuffet is an ultimate Pokemon. First, the only stat that it boasts high on is HP. That's important. Wobbuffet also knows only four moves; Safeguard, Destiny Bond, Counter, and Mirror Coat. The first part in a Wobbuffet is that it's hard to kill, with about 500-600 HP at Level 100, maxed out. Not even the strongest moves can kill this fellow unless it's multiplied badly.

The point here is Counter and Mirror Coat. Counter, if a physical move hits Wobbuffet, the fellow will hit the enemy Pokemon and cause double the damage back at it. So if Giga Impact on Wob does around 250 HP, and Wob uses Counter back, then it'll do 500 HP at the opposing Pokemon. This is an extremely fatal amount of HP; there's barely any Pokemon that can survive 500 HP...

Mirror Coat does the same thing as Counter except it's for Special Attacks like Hyper Beam.

Now once Wobbuffet is low on HP its use seems to be gone. But that's not the case, especially when you have the move Destiny Bond. Destiny Bond, when it is used, if the user is killed within that turn, then the killing Pokemon shall faint as well.

Take this scenario: Wobbuffet's 3 HP, a freakin' 3 HP! It uses Destiny Bond. Now, Ampharos finishes it off by using Thunderbolt, and Wobbuffet is dead. But Destiny Bond is used, so Ampharos faints too, no matter what.

This is why Wobbuffet's an uber.

Blizzard

Sounds like a friggin ass pokemon that isn't strong, but just overpowered. <_<; No wonder pokemon stays a game for children.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

There's an element of Pokemon that turns it from a kid's game into a deep strategy game. Of course, to reduce all those specific Pokemon that go and rule the game by unfair means, that's why Ubers were invented by the Metagaming Community...

The deep true side of Pokemon is more into Effort Values and Individual Values, but let's shut up about that.

Blizzard

You should have seen my killer team from the blue version. ._. Gyarados with Special value of 327 (or was it 333?). Do I need to say more? And it was just ONE of the values of ONE pokemon.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Valcos

Golbat and snorlax level 255  :haha:

And i would have never guessed Wob to be that rigged :O.o:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Wynaut isn't because of its low HP, but it too knows the same moves.

You got that because of MISSINGNO. and the sandbar...>_>; But I'll tell you what, those high level Pokemon are still weak as a weakling. D:

327-333 is a great amount for a Gyarados. :D But the highest amounts in the newest generations reach the 400s and sometimes even the 500s, some Pokemon penetrating 600...One goes to 700 (Blissey's HP)...@_@ Astronomical...

Reygekan

EV's are a pain to train, and IV's are simply stupid. There's no other way to say it, it's far too much effort for something the player has no control over, and should never have been in the game to start- or for pete's sake at least let us SEE the IV's.

Pokerus helped a lot in EV training my Pokemon <.<

Blizzard

I am talking about Level 100-ers. That team was so strong that I had huge problems fighting a 6vs6 battle against a smart enemy in Pokemon Stadium. In the end only one of my pokemon survived. At least it shows that I can fight with my own pokemon against my own pokemon as I know they advantages and disadvantages. Heck, I practically knew every pokemon's advantages and disadvantages in the stats!