Proxy servers

Started by Blizzard, October 13, 2008, 07:47:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Do you guys know what a proxy server is? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

I've been using serverl proxies over the years for different purposes. Most recently I have to use one to access our current host seems to have some routing problems to which I am getting absolutely no support. As it seems this host will never fix this issue.

Anyway... My favorite proxy until now was www.hidemyass.com from the Privax Network. But I found a better one. :D This proxy is faster, has no popup ad windows and even allows scripts (which doesn't seem to work fully or whatever). In any case it's better than the Privax Network. The URL of this proxy is www.vtunnel.com . Use it, enjoy it. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

Ty for the info Blizz! If Aqua's or my school blocks CP we can get on at least xD...I doubt that'll ever happen though..

I use Anonymouse sometimes but recently I've been using hidemyass.com which worked very well.

Starrodkirby86

I use a vast number of proxies. Sometimes when I go on this forum to mass attack it with proxies I use proxy.org which generates a random proxy for me to go through.

But usually my proxy choices are anonymouse.org, slyuser.com, and hidemyass.com, but the last one has lots of advertisements. :/

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

shdwlink1993

Slight catch, Dio. A school filter can block Vtunnel just as fast as CP.  :(

Thanks for the info, Blizz. I do know I've been to that site before for some reason, but it's nice to hear that it's a good site. I just thought it was another average proxy.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Blizzard

Average proxies are filled with ads and are usually slow. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

I used to kick it with UltraSurf.  It's a little standalone app that I think only works with IE, but it's really well made, can get around even some of the trickiest of firewalls.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.