Sons of Myneria

Started by Mightylink, October 14, 2008, 05:31:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mightylink

October 14, 2008, 05:31:43 am Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 03:44:43 am by Mightylink

Game Info
Sons of Myneria brings back the classic style turn-based RPG system to the PC. You are able to build up a party of four and for the first time in turn-based RPG's customize your main character to become any class you wish to be. This 2D overhead RPG was designed to bring back the classic turned-based system from so many successful console RPG's and finally deliver it to the PC where it has lacked for many years.

Slowly immerse yourself in an epic world with a classic story as you fight your way through the land of Myneria. Along the way you are able to obtain many items, magic spells and even elemental summons to call in battle.

2D but not old-D, the graphics have been much improved from classic RPG days with dynamic battle cameras, reflections and shadows, a sleek tileset and cinematic cut scenes. Some of the music has also been upgraded from MIDI to MP3. You are also able to change your battle music from the default Sons of Myneria tune to your favorite tracks from many other RPG games.

Window skins are a must, you can choose from the new Sons of Myneria style to classic RPG to styles from your favorite games and even operating systems. There are many customizable options to change the game's looks and sounds to fit the way you want it to play.

Sons of Myneria will also include many extras including a full garden and alchemy system to hardcore black smithing to improve your parties armor. The world itself revolves around a time and place, from night to day and weather effects, NPC's have a schedule bringing the most realism possible to a classic 2D overhead.

To ensure everyone has a chance to play, the full game is absolutely free to download. No one should be left out from this classic experience and remember how good our RPG's used to be.

Storyline
In the beginning there was nothing. Space and time lay dormant until streaks of light swept across the universe and through this power the earth was created. Together, the eight goddesses brought life to this earth and by fusing their elemental powers together they gave laws and order to the world beneath them.

As the very world they created sprung to life they created the heavens. A place for living beings to shed their physical bodies and ascend into a world of pure energy. As the earth got more and more populated the goddesses formed the Council of Ages to protect and watch down on the earth.

However, some of the goddesses did not approve of this council and fled into the farthest corners of the very world they created. Since then the world was ruled by the four remaining goddesses, watching from their haven, looking over the world.

As the earth progressed through time many lands where formed. Vast oceans and tall mountains. Soon after these lands where claimed by many people. Once such kingdom was formed by Denithil. Claiming the land after his family name, he founded his side of the world and called it Myneria.

Through the ages he ruled his people with peace and love, and so his followers built a great civilization to live in. Over time the goddesses blessed the king with three wondrous sons who would continue Denithil's ruling over the kingdom he created.

But all was not well in this land, years later an evil swept over the fields and forests of Myneria. An army ready to take this land from the hands of its rightful king. Denithil retaliated. He summoned his great army and his three sons who trained to become mighty warriors into battle.

Many lives where lost but the war was won, the evil army was defeated, but at the cost of one of the sons who went missing in battle. Unable to find him amongst the chaos the king had no choice but to let go. The third son was presumed dead and forever mourned a hero of Myneria.

Now the land settles back into peace, its people just starting to grasp the taste of life once again... until the next threat that passes among them.

Characters

Tobia
Race: Human
Class: UNKNOWN
Home: Calmer Village
Tobia stumbled into Calmer Village with no memory of his past. Near death he was taken in by Izzy and Ronan who brought him back to health. Now he rests in their home until he recovers for the tasks ahead.

Verwindre Moonstrider
Race: Miyan
Class: Avatar
Home: Emerald Forest
Verwindre wonders the forests of Myneria in search for a pupil to train for her true calling in hopes to raise a hero more powerful then any evil that could defeat them.

Vyce
Race: Ascended
Class: Goddess of Fire
Home: UNKNOWN
The most perky and least liked of the four main goddesses of Myneria, Vyce descended down back to human form in order to help fend off the evils of the world breaking many rules in the process. Although a goddess, she is weak in mind and requires help to survive in the human world.

Meridian Myneria
Race: Imperial
Class: Guardian
Home: Myneria Castle
One of the original members of the Imperial Knights and one of the last remaining sons of Myneria, Meridian leads his knights on a crusade to vanquish all evil and bring justice to all that has shadowed over the kingdom.

Lucia Lunaheart
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Although not part of the royal family by blood, Lucia joined the Imperial Knights soon after the third son was lost in battle and tries to live up to her potential by supporting the knights as best as she can. Over time the two brothers learned to accept her as one of their own.

Venith Myneria
Race: Imperial
Class: Knight
Now currently the youngest of the group, Venith uses his skills to help his companions in whatever way he can to claim his honor amoung the rest of the clan. Balancing all aspects of combat he proves valuable in his campaign for glory.

Screenshots
In Development

Downloads
There are currently no downloads available for this project yet. A demo is in development and will be released soon.

All this and more can be found on the new official game site at http://zvcstudios.site88.net/myneria

I would like to thank Blizzard here at chaos-project for being such a big help towards the game and his scripts are what make up most of the meat of the project. Thank you Blizzard :D

I will indeed include full credits to all the authors of the resources I use by the time the demo is complete.

Blizzard

Big images go into spoilers. ;) *fixes your post*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Mightylink

Sorry, thought spoilers where for, well... spoilers lol

Blizzard

You can use them to save bandwidth of other's, you can use them to hide stuff on first sight, you can use them as aphrodisiac, etc. They have many uses.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Punn

Mightylink

really v_v i thought they where quite detailed compared to a lot of projects i see around the net, people just making a field of grass and drawing trees in straight lines, very unnatural

Starrodkirby86

The first map has a good, decent enough space. The third map is a bit spacious though, and a lot of extra room can make for some tediousness, as what mums have mentioned. Those maps aren't bad, but there's always room for improvement. :)

Did you just rip those images off Naramura's site? The banners I mean? o.o I can't recall, but they do seem familiar.

Either way I'm interested in this and I hope for you to finish this. Those are some nice screenshots and whatnot, show off your skill in style. ;D

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Mightylink

I have completely redone my game page with all new updated info. I have also launched the official game site with more details about the game, you can find it here: http://zvcstudios.site88.net/myneria/index.html

scoace13

if you need help withdoing somthing i can probably help though im only really good at mapcreation and eventing for stuff
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

Mightylink

ok, what other things have you done, any links?

scoace13

October 27, 2008, 04:49:18 pm #10 Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 05:01:44 pm by scoace13
i have currently done (not finished) all the events in Redd Halo

for examples i'm having some of my maps for the game tested tommarrow if all goes well check them out and let me know what you think

edit: you know if you give me a sec ill pm you waht i have for map 1 its pretty event heavy so it might be big sorry bout that.
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

Mightylink

October 29, 2008, 03:40:21 am #11 Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 03:42:27 am by Mightylink
Thanks for all the feedback on this from everyone here, I am taking everyones suggestions and working towards making this a better game. I want to say thank you for commenting on the website, I been getting nothing but positive feedback for that so its staying as is, but for the game I know I gata work on my mapping, I will do my best and go over all the great tutorials.

I am also going to work on my scripting, it is the area I lack the most on, my weakest link and something I should improve if I hope to differ this game from all the other standard RPGXP games out there.

The story is also getting some work done, I started out with the very basics of basics and kept expanding on it so its slowly turning from the average story into a great story.

I will update all the info when I have come up with something good. Thanks for the input :)

Blizzard

I feel obligated to mention that the standard for RMXP games is very low. It is another reason why people often give up and only a few projects actually get done.

Mightylink

December 22, 2009, 09:00:14 pm #13 Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 12:47:57 am by Starrodkirby86
It's funny you should say that after I am about to post...

I am dropping Sons of Myneria 2D to go into the Unreal Engine. Lately I have been rendering 3d graphics and now that the Unreal Engine 3 is free I can totally make a dx10 game with it. And I hope to someday make my game with it to be very much something like The Last Remnant.

I used to map in ut2004 but it felt like a wasted skill cause I could never afford the engine to make my own game, but epic made it free now and its an awesome time to start working with it again.

Blizzard, your scripts have been totally amazing and I used a lot of them in my game, please continue your work here at chaosproject you do amazing work. But I am moving from 2D to 3D so farewell to all and good luck on all your games.

Here is some of my 3D work below:

Spoiler: ShowHide

*Arshes Sword from RPG Maker :)

Starrodkirby86

Holy crap, Mightylink, welcome back! O.o

Wow, those 3-D pictures are pretty awesome. Tell us of any updates you have for Sons of Myneria 3-D, all right? :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

Are you saying I should stick with 2D only and stop making games like this one? D:

Just don't get over your head. This relatively simple game took months. It took about 4 working months which translated into 8 months IRL since me and the my collegue, the other programmer, had college stuff in between. Besides us there were 2 artists. One did most of the 3D models and the other did a little bit 3D modeling along with the 2D art (like the HUD, etc).

In any case good luck. :)

G_G

MightyLink I just jizzed in my pants. But do you really have to leave? You can always stay here at the forum and be a part of the community :)!

Please don't leave! Everyone's leaving today *throws a huge fit*

Mightylink

December 23, 2009, 07:02:35 pm #17 Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 07:10:29 pm by Mightylink
Sure I can stay in the forums but I didn't think anyone liked me that much here, and any of my new work would be really off topic now, nothing to do with rpg maker :P

My first little project will be to get the feel for the unreal engine, probably with used models to start with, I will get into texturing and modeling when I know more about it. I would also like to include a benchmark in it cause I know not everyone has the luxery of a dx10 card, or even dx9.

I would really like to do Sons of Myneria in it but im not sure if I can take it that far, especially when I have a long way to go to learn coding. UE3 doesnt have any of the toolset that RPG Maker provides and all the wonderful scripts blizzard makes. What inspires me the most is The Last Remnant, the first Turn Based RPG to run in the Unreal Engine 3.

(Sorry blizz, I used spoilers this time :D)

Subsonic_Noise

You officially are awesome now. xD
I'd like to work with you on a project sometime,
but that will Most likely never happen, since I can only
do music. But perhaps I can sign up for testing? xD

Ganstaquay5000

The Last Remnant was a big inspiration for me as now. Not in the same way of course...LOL

Come see the revival of a 2 year old project become the next big Rpg game.
Project Destiny Calls
Project: Destiny Calls Youtube Channel