How to insert a script

Started by Blizzard, January 13, 2008, 11:37:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 13, 2008, 11:37:23 am Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 11:38:16 am by Blizzard
It is an easy procedure, but not everybody knows how to do it, especially somebody who is using RMXP the first time. So, here is your ultimate tutorial how to do it.

Step 1:

Run RMXP. Depending on which version you have, you will see one of those three icons. Keep in mind that your RMXP is called "RPGXP.exe" no matter what, in this image they are only named differently for convenience.

Step 2:

Open the scripts Editor. Click on the little icon on the top menu like in the screenshot. Note that you can open it by pressing F11 as well.

Step 3:

You will see two window blocks like in this image:

(click on the image to see the fullsize image)

Scroll the left block until the bottom and right click on the "script slot" called Main. A context menu will appear from which you choose "Insert".

Step 4:

You can name the slot in the little text box just below. Now paste the script code into the empty right block of the window.

Step 5:

Press OK to confirm the change in the scripts and you are done.

Notes:

You should experiment with the program. Sure, you can ask somebody at a forum for help, but until somebody answers your question, you could have most probably figure it out on your own. :)
Also keep in mind that there are 3 versions of RMXP which means that the visual appearance may alter.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Did you write this seriously or were you in the mood for a tutorial? I think it was the latter ;)

You could also mention other tips when installing scripts like script order imo :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Sally

i want to try dana anyone have the link? i cant find it anywere...

Blizzard

j.a posted that (s)he were trying to install the script for 3 hours and I felt sorry for him/her (since it kinda WAS my fault) so I quickly put this together so others don't have to waste the same amount of time. =/

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zeriab

*hugs Blizz*
Nicely explained <3

Calintz

Agreed...
- Nobody should have a problem learning how to insert scripts anymore.
- I think if somebody asks how to insert a script, nobody should tell them, Lol. Ppl need to learn to look before posting.

Blizzard

I usually give a link to this topic. xD

Zeriab

How can you usually give a link to this topic when you posted this only a few days ago?

Blizzard

Because I already gave two links.

Calintz

Lol, yeah...I guess thatw ould work also!!  ;D

Zeriab

Basically... You cheated >:U

Then again. Better to have more links. Greater chance of it being read ^_^

Blizzard

True. Now I will say RMVX so Google might eventually find this site easier if somebody looks for RMVX.

:=

cstb

when people said put the script above main i would go to main and paste the script right into it above the default script. :shy:
Chronos: Failed project due to loss of data.
Maybe I could try again...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

Lol, that's why I usually say "make a new script slot above main and paste the code into it" when somebody asks. xD